OtakuBoards

Final Quest For Glory 3: Sign-Ups

Shy

fqfg3.thumb.jpg.345f11351a6d3b7f5226a190

FINAL QUEST FOR GLORY 3

CHARLES and I have been discussing ways to inject new life into the forums, and we both think it is important to restore the bold heritage of OtakuBoards RPG. As any true Otaku historian knows, Final Quest For Glory is by far the most popular RPG is this forum's long life, but was sadly deleted like oh so many Digimon threads. Ages ago, Chuck and I tried to duplicate that success with Final Quest For Glory 2, but it got too political and some lives were ruined in the process. We have since learned the error of our ways and have come up with some great ideas to promote a friendly atmosphere and foster the creativity of our members.

Our original plan was to launch this next week, but everyone is so busy that I thought the extra sign-up time would help. Charles will help explain the entire story and structure of this unconventional RPG next week when we launch the project formally, but we can't launch anything without players! If you'd like to sign-up, please include the following in your reply:

• PLAYER NAME:
  • FAVORITE OB RPG CHARACTER NAME:
  • CHARACTER'S AGE:
  • CHARACTER'S ELEMENT OF POWER:
  • PLAYER'S OB FORUM OF POWER:
  • PLAYER MONTH AND DAY OF BIRTH:
  • CHARACTER'S IDOL:
  • WHAT IS THE WORST DECISION YOUR CHARACTER EVER MADE?

It's great to be back in the Theater forum where so much magic once happened. If you have never played an OB RPG before (or don't remember your characters so well) feel free to play as an all-new creation. Or, if you really want to, play as a fictionalized version of your OB identity...

Anyways, we've got some surprises in store for you as this begins to ramp up. Special thanks to CHARLES who really wowed me with his ambition and creativity on this and countless other projects over the years.

- Shy

Edited by Shy

• PLAYER NAME:
    • Boris
  • CHARACTER'S AGE:
    • Noir and grey-tones.
    • Art Studio
    • October 7th
  • CHARACTER'S IDOL:
    • Max Payne?
    • Sign up for OtakuBoards, and this RPG in particular. He's a depressed noir guy, so basically every decision he's made he'd consider bad, or he wouldn't make sense. 

... I guess I'll be editing this once I know what the **** is going on, but here's my symbolic sign-up. 

Edited by Boo

I really enjoyed FQFG2, once I knew what it was, what was going on  and why half the board members were running around like terrorists!
I'll never forget my one and only excuse to go running around the board dressed as Kuja and splashing size 3 crimson Century Gothic font everywhere. ;) 
I hope Flash still has the awesome CTU crest he made for the other side.

• PLAYER NAME:
    Quentin Szyslack 
    The one played by Dragon Warrior... The cool one.
  • CHARACTER'S AGE:
    19 and three quarters
    Neon
    Noooooooooooooosphere
    03/11
  • CHARACTER'S IDOL:
  • Billy Idol
  • Signing up for Final Quest for Glory 3
Edited by TheShinje

Great work, Shy! Final Quest for Glory 2 was special because it really skewed the direction of the super serious RPG format of the time and allowed an RPG that enveloped the entire forum. The downside is that it bothered some people, lol.

Perhaps we could collaborate carefully, We could all discuss ways in which we can capture the lighthearted tone of the original, the non-linearity, but at the same time, contribute to the board instead of spamming it.

Josh gives me too much credit because his creativity easily lead to a majority of positive points in the game so I'd like everyone to take part in the direction here. Perhaps we could keep teams and Josh and I could come up with challenges for one another's "team" that would be cool and interesting instead of aimless and spammy?

At any rate, my character will continue to be evil and will be based off of my own house cat pictured in my avatar.

PLAYER NAME:
Mrs. Nesbit 

Grape Ape.
  • CHARACTER'S AGE:
    8 in human years.
  • He mostly relaxes and scratches.  
    Noospphere. He wants to rename it "Nesbit Sphere."  Some people have a problem with that. He doesn't care because he's a cat.
    09/23
  • CHARACTER'S IDOL:
  • He's a cat so he doesn't have one; he only cares about himself.
  • He's done plenty of awful things, but being a cat means no regrets. He did eat a hot pepper that fell to the floor once and has since decided that he doesn't like them.