OtakuBoards

Similarities between 7 & 9

Buckeldee

This may have been brought up before but i'm new and haven't seen it up yet.
After playing both 7 and 9 i saw some similarities in plot.
1: Both Cloud and Zidane find out about their past and get involved in a breakdown
2:Both Kuja and Sephiroth find out about their past and more or less flip out (Sephiroths parents and Kujas mortality).
3:The main character comes at loggerheads with a large leader of a military force eg Barrett and Cloud and Steiner and Zidane.
4: Both villains were created and rebelled from their creators.
Also, am i the only one who sees a similaritie between Atomos and Typoon. To me they look similar and their attacks both use their mouths and wind like effects (Atomos sucks and Typoon blows).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Buckeldee [/i]
[B](Atomos sucks and Typoon blows). [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=crimson]hahah... that didnt sound right to me for some reason...

*cough* yes moving on...

o_o;;;;;~

---

Hm, yea I did notice that...

*shrugs* But didnt really care...[/color]

[B]This may have been brought up before but i'm new and haven't seen it up yet.
After playing both 7 and 9 i saw some similarities in plot.
1: Both Cloud and Zidane find out about their past and get involved in a breakdown
2:Both Kuja and Sephiroth find out about their past and more or less flip out (Sephiroths parents and Kujas mortality).
3:The main character comes at loggerheads with a large leader of a military force eg Barrett and Cloud and Steiner and Zidane.
4: Both villains were created and rebelled from their creators.
Also, am i the only one who sees a similaritie between Atomos and Typoon. To me they look similar and their attacks both use their mouths and wind like effects (Atomos sucks and Typoon blows). [/B][/QUOTE]

I haven't got far enough in 9 to answer 1 and 2, but I think kuja is just strange.. I actually find it quite funny, cos I came to the boards before I got any of the FF games, so whenever I see kuja on FF9 I think of kuja here, and have to laugh!
Note to kuja: dont kill me :nervous: :nervous: ... oh wait... you dont kill, you delete...

3- Dunno, I wouldn't call avalanche a large military force. And if you meant large as in the size of the leader.... I don't think they're that similar anyway.

4- Yeah this happens a lot in this kind of story...

5-
[B](Atomos sucks and Typoon blows). [/B][/QUOTE]

....yeah.....

edit: Death knight... by the way, when I started this post neither yours nor hermans were up, so I didnt deliberately copy you, you just got there first

JCB.. that was a bit redundant..

we had already established the fact it sounded dirty, no need to make it worse..

anyways.. o_O

.. Zidane did break down.. but it wasn't very long.. compared to cloud.. thank goodness

^_^ Atomos did indeed suck people up.. but his damage was depending on the targets HP, so it was more like gravity damage, like Diablos from 8

if i'm not mistaken Typoon is a summon that causes high wind damage, other then the way they power up, or what ever you want to call it, they really arnt a whole lot alike

Guest Voodookanaka
Kuja and sephiroth were similar in the wa that they were both long hair bishonen jobyys. they did seem very similar to me also, specially if u play 7 right after 9. totally addicted to base (i mean bass)
um.........red amarant, n red 13 both with tiger claws n name red.
cat sith n quina, big orrible things nobody likes.
steiner n barret
Cid n freya, dragoon lancing jobbys
etc.....i got bored of typing but u could go on forever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]Kuja and sephiroth were similar in the wa that they were both long hair bishonen jobyys. they did seem very similar to me also, specially if u play 7 right after 9. totally addicted to base (i mean bass)
um.........red amarant, n red 13 both with tiger claws n name red.
cat sith n quina, big orrible things nobody likes.
steiner n barret
Cid n freya, dragoon lancing jobbys
etc.....i got bored of typing but u could go on forever. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Don't forget Aeris & Garnet stff wielding ppl wwith useless attack but awesome Magic attack. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]actually seph was created! duh
the original was created by hojo by impregnating lucritia (sp i wish i learn her name) and jeneva (along with a mystery guy) lol
so yes he was created and also there were a bunch of clones ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]