Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Does anyone wear contact lenses? I do..... They're a hassle, but I can't see a thing without them..... O.O I'm as blind as a bat..... So, anyone else have contact lenses? :)
Posted
contact lenses. .na never would wear them, i prefer my glasses. besides, my glasses can turn into a pair of sunnies, very useful! but $280!! good thing my uncle is an optometrist. .otherwise i'd never have these glasses. .
Guest Saiyaman
Posted
[size=1][b]The idea of raming round plastic objects into my eyeball with the chance of cutting my cornea isn't a good idea to me. I stick with Glasses.[/b][/size]
Posted
I don't have to wear glasses or anything..which is a shame because my mum promised that if I did I cuould have contact lenses and I was going to have a normal pair...a violet pair...and a cats eye pair......the wonderful thing about me being under 16 is if I got them now then they eould be free or at least relatively cheap...but when I hit the old 16 in 3 months then I'm dun for coz I have to start paying for medication n stuff :(
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B][size=1][b]The idea of raming round plastic objects into my eyeball with the chance of cutting my cornea isn't a good idea to me. I stick with Glasses.[/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, that's why they [i]make[/i] them plastic. They're light, and they bend, so they CAN'T cut you unless you shove it right into your eye, in which case you'd probably go blind by doing that anyway..... Oh yeah, and they come with solution, so it makes it harder to cut your eye..... :D I wear them all the time, and haven't had a problem.....

Sorry if that sounds like bragging. :) OOOoo, I sound like a salesperson. :D
Posted
[SIZE=1]Yep... I wear 'em, have been for like 2 years.

Saiyaman... just listen to the people who [i]know[/i] what it's like, ok? :laugh: they [b]cannot[/b] cut your cornea!

Ah... finally, something I can talk about... I think I am getting worse with sight, even though I am bad already :([/SIZE]
Posted
Well i can't wear contacts cause my mom thinks i'll go blind lol yup sooooo i have to wear glasses grrrrr which i hate wearing!!!
Most of the kids nowadays i know wear glasses!!! i don't know y
:confuse2:
Guest Saiyaman
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]
Saiyaman... just listen to the people who [i]know[/i] what it's like, ok? :laugh: they [b]cannot[/b] cut your cornea![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][b]Dude, I was joking about cutting the cornea. It is called Humor. :D [/size][/b]
Posted
My eyes are hell of sensitive so I can't wear contacts. I twitch even when water gets in my eyes. I like my 'buddy holly' glasses anywho. And yes, they are perscription.

My friend wears purple and blue contacts, and sometimes one of each. It's freaky because shes Chinese.
Posted
Yeah, I used to wear red ones, and they used to scare some people when I walked down the path in town..... Hehehe..... I stopped wearing them ones though..... :rolleyes: :laugh:
Posted
Contacts are evil.... blasted things.... I have hard lense....which make it only WORSE! pop out of my eye and stuff... and they suck on windy days....:mad: I prefer glasses.... but contacts... in some weird way are better for me... so... *shrug*
Posted
[color=deeppink]Heck yes I wear contacts...I don't like to NOT wear them! Glasses seem like a hassle to me now...probably because I've been wearing contacts for 6 years, and they're so nice and easy.

And I'm very very blind...maybe even legally blind? Haha, nah...I know I'm not legally blind, but...

...anyone want to compete with a -5.75 perscription? I know at least SOMEONE is more blind than that...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]
...anyone want to compete with a -5.75 perscription? I know at least SOMEONE is more blind than that...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I have a 5.95 perscription. :toothy: I can't even see a metre in front of me clearly without my contact lenses or glasses on..... And according to the optomitrist (sp?), my eyes are getting worse every year by 0.15..... *sigh*
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]

I have a 5.95 perscription. :toothy: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Damn you :shifty:

Well...I have...astigmatism! In [b]both[/b] eyes!

Beat that :p

Hehe :wave:

I'm goofy tonight...my dad is watching The Fast and the Furious in the living room outside my bedroom. I refused to watch it with my parents so I keep taking little sneak peeks out my door to watch the cars...beautiful beautiful cars! :wow:

That movie is awesome...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]
Well...I have...astigmatism! In [b]both[/b] eyes!
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
What's "astigmatism"? :confused:

But I have a broken blood vessel at the back of my left eye, which is causing "cloudiness" or somethin' like that for both my eyes. Dunno how either..... :(
Posted
me = 52/17
My eyesight is actually worse than that, my doctor gave me it lower so my eyes would get 'use' to it or something. I am getting worse because Im always reading or on the computer.

Snail: Sometimes one of my eyes gets cloudy, but I blink and it goes away. Does that happen to you?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
What's "astigmatism"? :confused:

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]It means that, rather than my eyes being spheres like they should be, they're turning into the shape of footballs...very bad indeed :p[/color]
Posted
[SIZE=1]My vision is like 20/200. My left eye is basically useless, and there isn't a surgery to fix it. I occasionally wear glasses though, they help a litle bit... but not very much.[/SIZE]
Posted
Navi: My eyes get cloudy most mornings, because I've been lying down (sleeping), and that makes the broken blood vessel at the back of my left eye float up or something, and cloud up my eyes. So, usually I try to blink it away, but that doesn't work. :flaming:

BabyGirl: Footballs? Eyes? ..... That does seem bad. Is there anyway to fix it?

Anywayz, I might be getting my eyes"lazered" when I'm 16. That means they do something like surgery on your eyes, and once they're finished, your eyes are fixed forever. :D They can't go bad anything after that. :) But it's really expensize, like $2000 per eye. :eek:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]My eyes are hell of sensitive so I can't wear contacts. I twitch even when water gets in my eyes. [/B][/QUOTE]

My eye's are exactly like that. And I hate it too. I want to see underwater, but my eye's won't let me. :( I tried wearing contacts a couple years ago, the thin plastic kind and I couldn't put it in myself because I'm scared of touching my eye. But the doctor did it for me and it felt ok. I think soon I'll get the laser eye surgery when it gets a bit cheaper.

And I had some nice psycho looking contacts waiting to wear also. :(
Posted
[SIZE=1]Cool! Some one other than me has worse eyes :p in my left eye it's -3.00 and in the right is -2.50... ah... so I am not that blind then.[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]It means that, rather than my eyes being spheres like they should be, they're turning into the shape of footballs...very bad indeed :p[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Astigmatism is really bad. Can laser surgery fix it? I hear it can do wonders these days:)

The only thing i've ever needed for my eyes was Visine Revive, but I've been blessed with good eye sight, although they do tend to cloud up a little when I get migranes...which is not often, thank God.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...