OtakuBoards

Contact Lenses

Fall

[color=crimson]I have to wear glasses, but I have no idea what my prescription is or anything like that. I never wear my classes unless I'm in glass and I need to see the board even though I'm supposed to always wear them. I look super smart and sophisticated in my glasses, but they just don't match the attire that I like to clothe myself in. I want contacts, but I'm just going to wait for those. If I held my breath for them, I wouldn't make it too long. Anywho, I like glasses alright.

And the lead singer of Weezer is a cutie...he's like an adorable geek...

And I love the Fast and Furious...that green car is so sexy...when I saw that movie at the theatres I almost started crying when that car got shot up and exploded. I was so PISSED![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]

I have a 5.95 perscription. :toothy: I can't even see a metre in front of me clearly without my contact lenses or glasses on..... And according to the optomitrist (sp?), my eyes are getting worse every year by 0.15..... *sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

YO! Deus wears contacts! Me gots cool ones that you can wear for a month without taking them out even when you sleep! What... 5.95?? I'm 2.75 in my left eye, 3.25 in my right... so I'm an average of 3.00 ...and [i]my[/i] vision is bad... 5.95 must be very bad indeed...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i]
[B]

Astigmatism is really bad. Can laser surgery fix it? I hear it can do wonders these days:)

The only thing i've ever needed for my eyes was Visine Revive, but I've been blessed with good eye sight, although they do tend to cloud up a little when I get migranes...which is not often, thank God. [/B][/QUOTE]

Although laser surgery can fix the short sightedness in astigmatism (which may be what you meant, but I'll continue anyway), It can not actually fix the shape of the eye, if that's what you meant..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssj babe [/i]
[B]I have been wearing contacts for um...... 3 months........... They don't hurt at alll when u put then in ur eye. what i do is i put the solution on the lense then stick it on the side of my eye. blink a few times and then u could see! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes.. most people do.. but I was not blessed with the ability to do such a thing. I just.. can't stick something in my eye without looking at it. I have to put it directly onto the pupil. It's strange I know but it's just the way I do it. It took me a while to get over my squeamishness about puttin' things in my eyes too. But then, when the opticians had just about lost hope (yeah, the ones I go to won't let you have the lenses til you can put em in and take em out), I did it!

[B]Does anyone wear contact lenses? I do..... They're a hassle, but I can't see a thing without them..... O.O I'm as blind as a bat..... So, anyone else have contact lenses? :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]I have contact lenses and they are the best thing ever....
and I have differnt colors..actually only one...HAZEL...so my eyes look demonic and stuff...not really but I just think my lenses are cool and they've helped my vision stay at the same level fot the last 2 years.....YAY!!!![/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

Yes.. most people do.. but I was not blessed with the ability to do such a thing. I just.. can't stick something in my eye without looking at it. I have to put it directly onto the pupil. It's strange I know but it's just the way I do it. It took me a while to get over my squeamishness about puttin' things in my eyes too. But then, when the opticians had just about lost hope (yeah, the ones I go to won't let you have the lenses til you can put em in and take em out), I did it! [/B][/QUOTE]

You're just the like the way I am Deus and so is my doctor. I had to put them in and take them out before I could have then. But I just can't muster up the guts to stick that damn thing in my eye. So hopeully within the next year...I can get that laser eye surgey done.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

Yes.. most people do.. but I was not blessed with the ability to do such a thing. I just.. can't stick something in my eye without looking at it. I have to put it directly onto the pupil. It's strange I know but it's just the way I do it. It took me a while to get over my squeamishness about puttin' things in my eyes too. But then, when the opticians had just about lost hope (yeah, the ones I go to won't let you have the lenses til you can put em in and take em out), I did it! [/B][/QUOTE]
That's what I have to do aswell..... I have to have a mirror in front of me to put them in..... :rolleyes:

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Heck yes I wear contacts...I don't like to NOT wear them! Glasses seem like a hassle to me now...probably because I've been wearing contacts for 6 years, and they're so nice and easy.

And I'm very very blind...maybe even legally blind? Haha, nah...I know I'm not legally blind, but...

...anyone want to compete with a -5.75 perscription? I know at least SOMEONE is more blind than that...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
My percription is the same as yours! I am like blind in my left eye, but my right eye is -4.25. My left is -5.75. I have to wear my glasses sometimes since I'm one of those un-lucky people that wear contact lenses.:cool: It's such a hassle sometimes to wear these damn things, but I look better without my "Austin Powers" red glasses. Or at least my friends at school said that. My dad was about to buy me some colored contact lenses, but couldn't since my perscription is so strong and that I have something called a stigmatisim. My eyes are like shaped really weird so I have to wear these freaky ones.

I hate glasses. I was so relieved when I finally got contacts. my perscription's -6.25, so I can't see without 'em. they're so comfy :D the only time I DON'T wear my contacts is when my eyes are really wired or something, and even then I only wear my glasses around the house.

[B]Does anyone wear contact lenses? I do..... They're a hassle, but I can't see a thing without them..... O.O I'm as blind as a bat..... So, anyone else have contact lenses? :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I wear 'em. And I really thought I'd be freaked out by touching my eye lol...I get freaked out by that kinda stuff...

And yet, after about a week...I got used to 'em. Now I can just put 'em in and out really fast...they're great. I want to get coloured ones soon. ;)[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i]
[B]I like my glasses.. Contacts and the whole eye thing scares me [/B][/QUOTE]
lol, it took me ages before I had enough guts to touch my eye with my finger. it doesn't hurt though, you don't really feel anything (on the white of your eye, anyway *doik*).

damn my crappy eyesight. i've had sooo many funny things happen coz i couldn't see things...or maybe it's coz i'm an idiot....
like the time i mistook someone's beret for a hairpeiece..oh man...or the time i forgot to wear my contacts to soccer- the reason i got them in the first place... and we lost by about a hundred to nil...i was the goalkeeper.....you people who don't haveta worry about this sorta stuff...you don't know how good you got it...damn you!:flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

*walks away, hands in pockets, muttering something about glasses cleaner*

If only it was a valid excuse!! How good would that be!
"Sorry, Miss, can't do work today, forgot my glasses"
"Oh that's fine, you can just do your own thing for the rest of the period"
Suddenly it'd be cool to wear glasses...no more names or practical jokes...
"Hey man, look at that hot chick over there..."
"Where?"
"right there man, look she's winking at you...oh wait..too late, she's gone...tough luck buddy..."
Stupid crappy distorted retinas...*lots of mumbling*:bawl: