OtakuBoards

Lord Of The Rings.

sandramaxwell06

When I was in like 5th grade I read the Hobbit. It was okay. Nothing real excting, but good nonetheless. I tried reading fellowship of the ring before I saw the movie, but it was so slow! Ugh! The beginning just went on and on about that stupid party! Ahhhh! Be prepared for some dedication if you want to read the whole book.:sleep:

[color=crimson]They BETTER put it in there, they better not change anything important like that, well it was important to me. I want LOTR to be just like the book event wise, but they changed so much stuff and left out so much stuff. They'll probably leave it out.:flaming: [/color]

well i dunno how it will be cause i haven't read the whole book cause i have to get glasses :( oh well i have nothing against glasses but yes i'm spamming so back on topic i think they left alot of parts out of the movie grr:flaming:

Guest Imsirion
i just started the return of the king also so please dont ruin it!:wigout: since were talking about the lord of the rings, has anyone read the silmarillion (sp?) by j.r.r. tolkien, im trying to find it,also, dose it follow the tlotr's?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sandramaxwell06 [/i]
[B]In the third LOTR movie, which comes out December 2003, do you think that they'll show the whole thing of Sam and Frodo...ON page...889...In "The Return of the King"....I'd really like to know what you think..... [/B][/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with Cibp there, I mean, not everybody has read all the books. I haven't, so I dont know anything of what you speak yet. so pm me if you wish my contribution to be worth reading

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]:eek: They've got books out?! How..... erm..... When did they come out there? 'Cause I haven't even heard of them coming out here! [/B][/QUOTE]
u havn't heard of the books, there old like the 60's or 70's!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]-__-;

Someone please enlighten him...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
:laugh: lol

Hehe, sorry, I'm a bit stupid today..... What I meant to ask was this: Is the movie/s based on the 70 year old books, or did they change the story a bit.....? O.o

[B]
Is the movie/s based on the 70 year old books, or did they change the story a bit.....? O.o [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]The movies are based on the books, yes. The Hobit is the book that was written in the 30s...at least if I remember correctly. The Lord of the Rings series came out in the 50s.

They changed the story for the movies, but that was only because of time constraints. It was already a really long movie, so if they put anymore of what they're missing (which is quite a bit) from the books, it would be far too long.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gilly [/i]
[B]well i dunno how it will be cause i haven't read the whole book cause i have to get glasses :( oh well i have nothing against glasses but yes i'm spamming so back on topic i think they left alot of parts out of the movie grr:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

The simarillion is a pre history of the LOTR, it details thestuff like the stories of the gods, legends etc, and i think it fills in the gaps in between some parts...not too sure, it's been a while since i read it

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]
They changed the story for the movies, but that was only because of time constraints. It was already a really long movie, so if they put anymore of what they're missing (which is quite a bit) from the books, it would be far too long.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well I had a sore butt from sitting through that movie..... It [i]was[/i] long.....

Anywayz, thanks for the help! :)

[B]
Well I had a sore butt from sitting through that movie[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]So did I :whoops:

I saw it with two chicka friends, and I sat in the middle of them. The friend on my right kept jumping and screaming, and one time she just about fell out of her seat.

The friend on my left and I were cracking up...I felt kinda bad...it was this serious (and very good) movie, and we were cracking up during the serious parts :blush:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]
u havn't heard of the books, there old like the 60's or 70's! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]The books came out before then, in the 50's or earlier. They were just republished over and over. I should know, can't read them in Contemporary Lit class...[/color]