sandramaxwell06 Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 In the third LOTR movie, which comes out December 2003, do you think that they'll show the whole thing of Sam and Frodo...ON page...889...In "The Return of the King"....I'd really like to know what you think.....
Cibo Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 PM me what you mean so it won't spoil it for others who haven't read it.
Hinata Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 I'll be able to say something about that once I get that far along in the book.... TOO BAD I'M NOT THERE YET!!!!
velvet paws Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 We got the whole series at home but I never got round to reading em. Duno why...guess I just went straight onto Terry Pratchett and Terry Brooks once I learned reading could be fun.
Spikey Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 [SIZE=1]Well I don't have it but I will go to the library and get it.[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Well I heard it was a real good book well is it?[/SIZE]
amiboshi Posted January 29, 2002 Posted January 29, 2002 When I was in like 5th grade I read the Hobbit. It was okay. Nothing real excting, but good nonetheless. I tried reading fellowship of the ring before I saw the movie, but it was so slow! Ugh! The beginning just went on and on about that stupid party! Ahhhh! Be prepared for some dedication if you want to read the whole book.:sleep:
Fall Posted January 29, 2002 Posted January 29, 2002 Well, the first movie of Lord Of The Rings is showing here. I haven't even got a clue what the third one will be like. Obviously, it should be good..... :rolleyes:
Queen Asuka Posted January 30, 2002 Posted January 30, 2002 [color=crimson]They BETTER put it in there, they better not change anything important like that, well it was important to me. I want LOTR to be just like the book event wise, but they changed so much stuff and left out so much stuff. They'll probably leave it out.:flaming: [/color]
Gilly Posted January 30, 2002 Posted January 30, 2002 well i dunno how it will be cause i haven't read the whole book cause i have to get glasses :( oh well i have nothing against glasses but yes i'm spamming so back on topic i think they left alot of parts out of the movie grr:flaming:
Guest Imsirion Posted January 30, 2002 Posted January 30, 2002 i just started the return of the king also so please dont ruin it!:wigout: since were talking about the lord of the rings, has anyone read the silmarillion (sp?) by j.r.r. tolkien, im trying to find it,also, dose it follow the tlotr's?
Vegitto4 Posted January 30, 2002 Posted January 30, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sandramaxwell06 [/i] [B]In the third LOTR movie, which comes out December 2003, do you think that they'll show the whole thing of Sam and Frodo...ON page...889...In "The Return of the King"....I'd really like to know what you think..... [/B][/QUOTE] I would have to agree with Cibp there, I mean, not everybody has read all the books. I haven't, so I dont know anything of what you speak yet. so pm me if you wish my contribution to be worth reading
Queen Asuka Posted January 31, 2002 Posted January 31, 2002 [color=crimson]I love Frodo and Sam the way they are. I would be so disappointed, but you KNOW it wont be that way in the movie. I had an argument this morning and people were saying Merry and Pippin were more than Frodo and Sam, but I disagree.[/color]
Elfin_Girl Posted February 1, 2002 Posted February 1, 2002 I haven't read that far in the books either! :) lol I'm still in the first and I really can't get into it because it seems to be dragging on... I'm only on the first chapter and I've had the books for a while now! Bad me! *slaps self* :D
Fall Posted February 2, 2002 Posted February 2, 2002 :eek: They've got books out?! How..... erm..... When did they come out there? 'Cause I haven't even heard of them coming out here!
Guest Imsirion Posted February 2, 2002 Posted February 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i] [B]:eek: They've got books out?! How..... erm..... When did they come out there? 'Cause I haven't even heard of them coming out here! [/B][/QUOTE] u havn't heard of the books, there old like the 60's or 70's!
BabyGirl Posted February 2, 2002 Posted February 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i] [B] u havn't heard of the books, there old like the 60's or 70's! [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]More like the 1930s-1950s :)[/color]
Fall Posted February 2, 2002 Posted February 2, 2002 :eek: :eek: O.O! They're old?! Well then..... So that means the Lord Of The Ring movie/s are based on something around 70 year old story? :therock:
BabyGirl Posted February 2, 2002 Posted February 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i] [B] So that means the Lord Of The Ring movie/s are based on something around 70 year old story? :therock: [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]-__-; Someone please enlighten him...[/color]
Navi Posted February 2, 2002 Posted February 2, 2002 I haven't read the last book yet, 8 holds on it at the library. I just hope they....depict the escapades with Smeagol right. We likes Gollum, forever.
Fall Posted February 2, 2002 Posted February 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i] [B] [color=deeppink]-__-; Someone please enlighten him...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] :laugh: lol Hehe, sorry, I'm a bit stupid today..... What I meant to ask was this: Is the movie/s based on the 70 year old books, or did they change the story a bit.....? O.o
BabyGirl Posted February 2, 2002 Posted February 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i] [B] Is the movie/s based on the 70 year old books, or did they change the story a bit.....? O.o [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]The movies are based on the books, yes. The Hobit is the book that was written in the 30s...at least if I remember correctly. The Lord of the Rings series came out in the 50s. They changed the story for the movies, but that was only because of time constraints. It was already a really long movie, so if they put anymore of what they're missing (which is quite a bit) from the books, it would be far too long.[/color]
asar Posted February 4, 2002 Posted February 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gilly [/i] [B]well i dunno how it will be cause i haven't read the whole book cause i have to get glasses :( oh well i have nothing against glasses but yes i'm spamming so back on topic i think they left alot of parts out of the movie grr:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE] The simarillion is a pre history of the LOTR, it details thestuff like the stories of the gods, legends etc, and i think it fills in the gaps in between some parts...not too sure, it's been a while since i read it
Fall Posted February 5, 2002 Posted February 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i] [B] They changed the story for the movies, but that was only because of time constraints. It was already a really long movie, so if they put anymore of what they're missing (which is quite a bit) from the books, it would be far too long.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Well I had a sore butt from sitting through that movie..... It [i]was[/i] long..... Anywayz, thanks for the help! :)
BabyGirl Posted February 5, 2002 Posted February 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i] [B] Well I had a sore butt from sitting through that movie[/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]So did I :whoops: I saw it with two chicka friends, and I sat in the middle of them. The friend on my right kept jumping and screaming, and one time she just about fell out of her seat. The friend on my left and I were cracking up...I felt kinda bad...it was this serious (and very good) movie, and we were cracking up during the serious parts :blush:[/color]
Queen Asuka Posted February 5, 2002 Posted February 5, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i] [B] u havn't heard of the books, there old like the 60's or 70's! [/B][/QUOTE] [color=crimson]The books came out before then, in the 50's or earlier. They were just republished over and over. I should know, can't read them in Contemporary Lit class...[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now