OtakuBoards

Youth

Sui Generis

It has come to my attention along time ago that we as youths are thought upon as ignorant people. I don't even think that we are really considered humans. I mean its amazing...go into a middle school room...get a debate sparking and I mean...You will be amazed at what you here....Everyone says "No the worlds more complicated than that" Well just a thought but the world is only as complicated as you make it! We could make life simple but the adults choose to make it hard. I am so sick of people not letting us make our own decisions cause we are kids. Its our right! Look even my teachers think that the politicions should listen to the kids. One great thing about a kids thoughts is...most are not upon boundries of ones greed. For example..On the issue of America helping out other nations....America is too worried that if they help out one county then they will have to help every county and the cant afford that...Thats true in some sense....BUT...Why don't you do this....DONATE money to a 3rd world country instead of having them pay you back, make them match that amount you gave them to another 3rd world country...and have that continue...Our world would be even we wouldn't have these stupid wars...or atleast as many....

Tell me a valid reason why kids are thought of as stupid!

Oh and yes...this is ment as a debate....I want to here everyone defend themselves!!

OMG...I sound like my teachers....:nervous: :whoops:

um....because all the adults believe we are niaeve (sp) in this all so complicated world they created???

okay....so I can't actully think of one except adults like to think they know more just cause they've been around longer, which isn't always true cause (heehee tiny example) I have to help my mum and mates with their dating and I've only ever had 1 serious relationship and they expect all theirs to be true love kinda thing and for me to know exactly what to do all the time...weird *shrugs*

Guest Imsirion
thats true. i think kids are thought to be "stupid" is because, well, look around! most kids i see are really immature. and on the news, what do they show... besides only bad stuff, alotta kid doing stupid/bad stuff.

I think adults put the blame on everything upon us...Not all mind you....But yes as kids we are immature...but if you sit down and listen to even the immature kids you will get ideas that are worth thinking about...But I think as Adults one of their ways to keep us down is to point out EVERY mistake...

Yes we young ones are thought as "not knowing what we are talking about". Look in my organ donation thread. I was treated like a lil kid even though I have info on the topic in there but some not rude but still treated that way. Yes I may be one of the youngest here but I still am very smart for my age. I mean I took an I Q Test the other day. THe lowest score you could get was a 1 and the highest you could get was a 160. It turned out I made a 155. Dont mean to brag since I know alot of other people on these boards are smarter then me but I do know some. I am smarter than my parents in alot of areas also. I wish people wouldn't look at you by your age. Age is just a number...

[color=red]Being 17 years old, i know what the problem is...
We are viewed as ignorant because of one common belief. Because we are not seen due to one outstanding factor. Ladies and gentleman, the solution to our problem is obvious...

:flaming: [size=4]D@MN THAT RAP MUSIC!!!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]:flaming:

[size=5];)[/size]

[size=4][color=red]EDIT![/size]
Seriously though, this is ticking me off...c'mon adults, get this through your heads...
[size=4]YOU ARE NOT GODS! YOU ARE AS HUMAN AS WE ARE! YOU BREATH LIKE US, BLEED LIKE US, AND LIVE LIKE US! AGE IS A MEANINGLESS TOOL DEVISED TO TELL US ALL HOW MUCH LONGER WE HAVE LEFT...JUST IGNORE IT AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE! SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE TWICE MY AGE, AND THEY CAN REALIZE I'M NOT AN IDIOT, SO WHY CAN'T YOU??!!![/SIZE]
I'm not ticked, i'm just a little peeved...we're all children of God, can't we get along like it?![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]Yeah I would like to hear an adults opinion...thats what I was hoping...

Oh and sorry if someone is offended by this thread...I have been getting very angry about this subject...and I find Otaku is my best way to get rid of anger depression etc... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well this was a very good topic and I hope the moderators, admins ect.. look at it other then close or delete it.

Yeah...thats what I was hoping to get a good debate on the subject and see if anyone agreed with me....But Yes Ryan I totally agree with you on the age thing....Age is a number we humans made to make things easier yet made it harder....ALSO...Just to prove what you said about adults arn't as smart as they think...I myself am in a Computer Demensions class...And I have never had a class before and I now know more than the teacher does....Its a proven fact...Yes kids can get addicted quicker...But they can do what is the most important thing in life faster than adults...LEARN....kids learn faster,...and adapt quicker

[B]Yeah...thats what I was hoping to get a good debate on the subject and see if anyone agreed with me....But Yes Ryan I totally agree with you on the age thing....Age is a number we humans made to make things easier yet made it harder....ALSO...Just to prove what you said about adults arn't as smart as they think...I myself am in a Computer Demensions class...And I have never had a class before and I now know more than the teacher does....Its a proven fact...Yes kids can get addicted quicker...But they can do what is the most important thing in life faster than adults...LEARN....kids learn faster,...and adapt quicker [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes very true. I am only in 6th grade and I help my 16 year old sister with her 11th grade math and other work. Adults just don't take the time to see...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red]Being 17 years old, i know what the problem is...
We are viewed as ignorant because of one common belief. Because we are not seen due to one outstanding factor. Ladies and gentleman, the solution to our problem is obvious...

[size=5];)[/size]

You bring up an interesting point...we kids are thought of stupid...and outragouse...and one factor is our music....But take two seconds and it will hit you...Who makes the music...Even if some of the singers are Kids...who makes them and produces them ADULTS....I mean rap...Most rappers are ADULTS!! Sean Puffy Combs....Master P...Snoop Dogg.....There are hardly any kids that rap.....The only reason we are looked down are....is the Adults fault...The punish us for their mistakes!

[B][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]

[size=5];)[/size]

You bring up an interesting point...we kids are thought of stupid...and outragouse...and one factor is our music....But take two seconds and it will hit you...Who makes the music...Even if some of the singers are Kids...who makes them and produces them ADULTS....I mean rap...Most rappers are ADULTS!! Sean Puffy Combs....Master P...Snoop Dogg.....There are hardly any kids that rap.....The only reason we are looked down are....is the Adults fault...The punish us for their mistakes! [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't be accusing them as they do us. That isn't fact. Yes it may be in some cases but not in all.

[B][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]

[size=5];)[/size]

You bring up an interesting point...we kids are thought of stupid...and outragouse...and one factor is our music....But take two seconds and it will hit you...Who makes the music...Even if some of the singers are Kids...who makes them and produces them ADULTS....I mean rap...Most rappers are ADULTS!! Sean Puffy Combs....Master P...Snoop Dogg.....There are hardly any kids that rap.....The only reason we are looked down are....is the Adults fault...The punish us for their mistakes! [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=4][color=red]Yes, and let me mention that the kids that DO rap('Lil Bow Wow, 'Lil Romeo, and whatever other 'Lil there is) should be KILLED. God, I hate rap music. I'll take my [b]Creed[/b] cd over Sean "Puffy Diddy Duey What's-his-*****" Combs anyday of the week.[/size][/color]

*sigh* good point....

But I wasn't exactly trying to accuse them as much as I was just trying to say that they ridicule us for the stuff the make...*shrugs*

I just thought of another reason that proves that we are not stupid...idiotic...ignorant....We are holding an argument and backing our beliefs with facts or thoughts....Without getting out of hand...

[B]It has come to my attention along time ago that we as youths are thought upon as ignorant people. I don't even think that we are really considered humans. [/b][/QUOTE]
Youth [i]are[/i] ignorant, and everyone is ignorant to an extent. People say youth are because, it's true, and because we are young and mostly inexperienced with the world. Know why? Because we're going through mental, physical, and emotional transformations and most of us are confused. The general apathy of the population doesn't help either.
[b]I mean its amazing...go into a middle school room...get a debate sparking and I mean...You will be amazed at what you here....[/b][/quote]
I wouldn't be amazed...I usually see adults at my school and elsewhere shoot down youth that give viable arguments, I guess they don't want to look 'stupid' in front of others or something...
[quote][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]:
[b]I am so sick of people not letting us make our own decisions cause we are kids.[/b][/quote]
Correct me if Im wrong but, it seems like this topic was sparked because someone wouldn't let you make your own decision due to your age.
[b]For example..On the issue of America helping out other nations....America is too worried that if they help out one county then they will have to help every county and the cant afford that...Thats true in some sense...[/b][/quote]
They do?...
[b]DONATE money to a 3rd world country instead of having them pay you back, make them match that amount you gave them to another 3rd world country...and have that continue...Our world would be even we wouldn't have these stupid wars...or atleast as many....[/b][/quote]
That'd be nice but I doubt it'd happen.

I think by educating ourselves and getting information from different sources we'll learn [i]a lot[/i] more. Don't think everything in school textbooks is presented without bias. Go to the library, do research, form an opinion, and don't get discouraged.

[B]*sigh* good point....

But I wasn't exactly trying to accuse them as much as I was just trying to say that they ridicule us for the stuff the make...*shrugs*

I just thought of another reason that proves that we are not stupid...idiotic...ignorant....We are holding an argument and backing our beliefs with facts or thoughts....Without getting out of hand... [/B][/QUOTE]

To someone's opinion this could be getting out of hand. We created a thread over it. But I back you up on this "Youth". Also Duo check your PMs...

Yes we are ignorant....and you pointed out that EVERYONE is ignorant....people assume that since we are learning we don't know whats going on....and no this was not sparked by something that I was not allowed to choose...I have had a lot of friends have that problem tho....

Why can't it happen tho....Cuz we choose for it not too....we choose to make it SO complicated that only adults know what can and can't happen...and that everyone must be greedy

Yes everyone (not just youth) are ignorant in ways. Same with everyone else. We are not saying we aren't ignorant Navi we are just trying to sand up for ourselves for being spoken to as if we didn't know what we were talking about.

[B]Why can't it happen tho....Cuz we choose for it not too....we choose to make it SO complicated that only adults know what can and can't happen...and that everyone must be greedy [/B][/QUOTE]
I don't think it'd happen anytime soon because of our current ...political controversies and I think our economy is in recession...
Think of these questions:
1. If we were to donate money to third world countries, where would it come from?
2. If we donated money to them, how do we know we could trust them not to blunder it? how do we know their governments or lack thereof would be...caring enough to use it for the benefit of their fellow man?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]
I don't think it'd happen anytime soon because of our current ...political controversies and I think our economy is in recession...
Think of these questions:
1. If we were to donate money to third world countries, where would it come from?
2. If we donated money to them, how do we know we could trust them not to blunder it? how do we know their governments or lack thereof would be...caring enough to use it for the benefit of their fellow man? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes you have a point Navi but one question. Where did we get off topic and go to giving money to third world countries??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B]We are not saying we aren't ignorant[/B][/QUOTE]
I know
[quote][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[b]Navi we are just trying to sand up for ourselves for being spoken to as if we didn't know what we were talking about[/b][/quote]
Read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It deals with ageism.
[quote][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death[/i]
[b]But I think as Adults one of their ways to keep us down is to point out EVERY mistake...[/b][/quote]
Im not sure if you were being literal but, don't think adults 'keep you down' by pointing out every mistake you make. It's a tool. You can use it to your advantage because you can take what they say into consideration and A. Rethink your position, B. Get better educated on the subject, and/or C. Learn to not make 'mistakes'
[quote][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death[/i]
[b]Oh and sorry if someone is offended by this thread[/b][/quote]
Never apologize for your opinion :whoops:
[quote][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/[/i]
[b]Where did we get off topic and go to giving money to third world countries??[/b][/quote]
Ehem:
"Well, I think this thread has died down for tonight. I think I may go watch a lil tv then go to bed. Been busy all today and I am very tired!

*yawns*
*yawns again*

See yall tomorrow!" - \¤~NoodleZ~¤/

*waves and yawns*