OtakuBoards

Gundam X

TheGodlyME

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Gundam X is once again another one of those Gundam Alternate Universe stories. At first in my opinion the first 3 episodes are a bit slow and seem to have "been done" before. However by episode 4 the plot starts to pick up as well as the action. Overall I would say Gundam X is good, I can't really say that Gundam X is better than GW! I would call them probably at equal par with each other.

GX definitely suits my taste much better than GW. It is the most UC looking Alternative Universe series. The main characters' gundams are not indestructable. There are newtypes in the story as well. It is not as success as GW in Japan as they attracted different audience. But for UC fan, GX is definitely the best AU along with Turn A Gundam.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Emma [/i]
[B]The main characters' gundams are not indestructable. There are newtypes in the story as well[/B][/QUOTE]

I like the different types of Gundam, like the... uhhh... flying one and the machine gun one on Garoad's side(its been long enough since I've seen it to forget their names). I especially like the satellite cannon and microwave!

What I like about GX is that it has great character development and excellent storyline. Garroad acts exactly like a 15 years old who is afraid of getting kill. He doesn't want to pilot a mobile suit but has to protect Tifa and himself. But he lack of the experience to go into a real fight. Therefore, his only choice is to use the Satellite to wipe the enemies out. Once he is more experienced, he can handle the fight without using Satellite cannon. He grows up so much in the series. That is called good character development for GX. It is so sorry the series is underrated by the major.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Gundam X has great character development but the show is so underated by many people. As oppose to GW in which there is little character Development and the show is overated.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Gundam X has great character development but the show is so underated by many people. As oppose to GW in which there is little character Development and the show is overated. [/B][/QUOTE]

thats because gw was seen by many more people since it was shown on cartoon network, if gx was shown on cartoon network, then it will probably do even better than it did....

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

thats because gw was seen by many more people since it was shown on cartoon network, if gx was shown on cartoon network, then it will probably do even better than it did.... [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, but that brings up the question(s):

why dont they?
is it because of the violence?
well, there are worse things out there, so they should give it a shot...

Actually, Gundam X was moved to a morning slot, which led to its poor rating. Contrary to some notions, Gundam X was actually doing quite well alongside Evangelion. However, its move to a morning slot, at 7am or thereabouts at that, hurt the show. Call it dumb decision making on the part of network executives in Japan...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B]Actually, Gundam X was moved to a morning slot, which led to its poor rating. Contrary to some notions, Gundam X was actually doing quite well alongside Evangelion. However, its move to a morning slot, at 7am or thereabouts at that, hurt the show. Call it dumb decision making on the part of network executives in Japan... [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah...i see what you mean...:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Gundam X is a good series. I had the series when they still showed GW on cartoon network. Hunter is right, it is a little lame at first but give it time. It really kicks ***. As far as the gundams, you can say they're remakes of the GW gundams. There are 6 gundams, each unique in a very cool way, espcially the upgraded GX (this thing is sick):eek: Also its the only other gundam show I've seen where one (or two) gundams are as powerful as Wing Zero - considered the most powerful gundam created (hey, you've seen this thing, need I to explain?). Also the show's length is quite long, unforunately they talk ALOT, maybe as much as GW or more, but when the action starts up, its worth it.