OtakuBoards

Did you realize that...

(<AA>)

Did you realize that there are 2 types of Anime?1 with a party of 3,and one with parties of like 7 or so...
Example of anime style 1: Pokemon
Example of anime style 2: Digimon
Get it?Its really painfully obvious,but I just wanted to state that...

What he means is when people travel or do other things in groups. Like in Pokémon, there's Ash, Misty, Brock, and Pikachu, plus Team Rocket. Or in Digimon, where in the first season, there were 7 kids and 7 Digimon, then there were five (six if you count Ken), then three. This trend is in Tenchi, too. There's like 8 people living in one house, so ()'s trend applies there too. It's really weird, sort of, but noticable.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by () [/i]
[B]Did you realize that there are 2 types of Anime?1 with a party of 3,and one with parties of like 7 or so...
Example of anime style 1: Pokemon
Example of anime style 2: Digimon
Get it?Its really painfully obvious,but I just wanted to state that... [/B][/QUOTE]

To be honest I think that this is over generalisation, and I don't really think you can classify anime in terms of howe big the parties are. But you never know, I may be wrong.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I kind of understand what you mean about the parties theory. I don't think it is that valid in many animes. The only ones that really support this theory are the ones you meantioned and a few other ones that are somewhat popular. Maybe your on too something as this seemed to be a bit of a trend with some of the anime in the 90's but then again you could say the same can be applied to other 90's shows like dare I say it Power Rangers.

However as we go more into 2002 anime now does not support this theory. So I think you might have been on too something during the early 90's anime. But unfortunately this theory can't apply to the newer animes that are out in Japan. Even the action adventure ones and man I have the anime tapes of new shows that are airing in Japan now and it defintely does not apply!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i]
[B]Well, personally, it seems that way since digimon and pokemon are one of the most popular animes here in the US. However, most animes aren't like that. [/B][/QUOTE]

uh-huh *nods* same here in wet old bloody england..just think of other stuff like Devil man..it doesn't apply to that..but with these popular series anime it sort of seems that way...