OtakuBoards

Nintendo in the 80's

SaiYaNgUrL

i'm working on a report about the 80's and i decided to have an article about the introduction of our favorite video games! hehe. Well, I was wondering which Nintendo console came first. I'm guessing its the NES, but i'm not too sure.... so if someone can help me on that one, i'll be really greatful! thanx!!!:D

[color=indigo]Yes, the NES was the first [i]console[/i] made by Nintendo. Before that, they made arcade games and the Game & Watch series (handheld units, each with a different game).

Here's a .zip file with the history of Nintendo from 1889 to 2001, and pictures of two Game & Watch units and a Mario Bros. arcade game:[/color]

[color=indigo]Game & Watch games were individual hand-held games that Nintendo made before they made the NES. Each one featured a game and a clock, thus, the name Game & Watch. I don't know how many different games there were, but there were a lot of them.

If you want to play some of the games that were on them, you can get them in Game & Watch Gallery 1, 2, and 3 for the Game Boy.
Unfortunatly, the Zelda game is not included in any of those... :( If it was, I'd have bought it.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Game & Watch games were individual hand-held games that Nintendo made before they made the NES. Each one featured a game and a clock, thus, the name Game & Watch. I don't know how many different games there were, but there were a lot of them.

If you want to play some of the games that were on them, you can get them in Game & Watch Gallery 1, 2, and 3 for the Game Boy.
Unfortunatly, the Zelda game is not included in any of those... :( If it was, I'd have bought it.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Oh yes, I used to have Game & Watch Gallery 2... I had no clue that it resembled that.... Hmm, nice to know... thanks! :)