OtakuBoards

GBA F-Zero - Jet Vermillion trick

Desbreko

[color=indigo]I found out this cool trick to get the Jet Vermillion on F-Zero: Maximum Velocity:

First, go [URL=http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/afzj/vermil/index.html]here[/URL] (a page from the Japanese Nintendo website) and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Now enter the name of your game file, using the keypad. Click on the right button that's below the keypad, and it will bring you to a page with a password in big white characters. Start your game and go into Grand Prix, and on the player select screen, press L, R, Start, R, L, Select. This will bring up a password screen. Enter the password that you got from the website, and it will take you back to the player select screen. The Jet Vermillion will now be available![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]. . scroll down to the bottom of the page. Now enter the name of your game file, using the keypad. Click on the right button that's below the keypad, and it will bring you to a page with a password in big white characters.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Just a bit confused on what you mean exactly. I know the site is in Japanese, but what am I supposed to enter in that text box? Cause the name of my file that I play in F-Zero is -Noryko- and that didn't work (obviously. . just tried it because ^_^ figured they just wanted to know), and I wasn't too sure what else to put =)

Thanks jcgoudy- [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]:eek:

Hmmmm, I might go and try it..... When you're pressing the L/R Buttons, does it have to be done at a certain speed?

Thanks for posting this up! :) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]No, there isn't a specific speed. I've done it pretty slow, and it still worked.

You mean the password didn't work, when you entered it in the game? I just went and got the password for -Noryko- and it's Q3M?X-CLL?30 Was that the password that you got?
If that password doesn't work, I don't know what to do... I got a password this way with my file name, and it worked fine...[/color]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok, thanks man. . I just did it, and got the password. . (Noryko was the name of my file, I just put the -'s to make it stand out =P). Anyways, I was just hitting the wrong button under the keyboard they had set up. . whoops ^_^ So I just assumed it was broken or something.

Thanks again. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=indigo]My favorite series is the Bishop series, followed closely by the Knight series, then Queen and Pawn. My favorite track is Bianca City: Ultimate Circuit. Gotta love them high speeds and hairpin turns, eh? :demon:[/color]

[color=indigo]Yeah, it's turning is pretty bad... That's why I don't use it. If I'm playing Grand Prix, I usually use the Stingray (I [i]love[/i] that really long boost time), but if I'm trying to set times, I use the Falcon MK-II. I prefer to play on slightly slower vehicle, than to have bad turn performance.[/color]