OtakuBoards

Athletics/Swimming Carnivals.....

Fall

Well, first off, I'm pretty sure all the schools you people go to have some sort of a carnival. Well what I wanted to ask, is, have you ever come first, second, third, in a race? Be it swimming, running, anything, have you ever raced a top position?

I've just gone to a swimmng carnival, and well, I came second in a 200m freestyle race. But the problem was, I came third. I think it was because the person who timed the bloke who came second didn't like him, so he extended his time..... I dunno what to do. No-one believes me..... So I tried giving him the second banner I got, but he wouldn't take it..... I dunno what to do. Any help?

Well there's nothing much you can do. Could go to the judges and tell them what happened. But you tried giving him the 2nd place banner and he wouldn't take it, and you can't force him to take it, so going to the judges is about all you can do.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]oh oh what time did you go? i love swimming could never break the damn 2 mins in the 200 free... thou i did in fly :) somehow im faster at fly haha anyway yea what was your time? and um... trust me if the other guy didnt care take it and run ;) u at least offered right[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

i agree with kuja, you tried to do the right thing by giving him the 2nd banner, and if no one will listen, there's nothing you can do.
the guy may feel like you're giving him a handout too, which means his pride won't let him accept it. :babble:

[color=indigo] I hated swimming in highschool, mainly because I had a teammate that was bettr hen Iwas in all of my good events. We both swam distance events and he would always come in first, I would always come in second, I was always competeing with him and never wih other teams. It was actualy kind of funny, until we went to states no one swam within 30 seconds o his 500m time but me. He wa actualy so good that he is swimming for the naval acadamy now.

Anyways, Snail, keep the second place banner for yourself, if the other guy doesn' want it, forget him...[/color]

Yeah we just had our swimming carnival, my last one :( It was a blast. When i was in year 7 i used to laugh at all the crazy year twelve-ers who got dressed up in skirts and bra's and crazy jungle outfits and who would scream their heads off in chants and basically have a blast, and this year i realised why. It's our last year, and we're old enough not to care what anyone thinks ie whats cool and whats not cool, and we just had the best time.
Does anyone else have craxzy carnivals, with all the dressing up and cheering comps and what not?

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]2:02 please tell me you swim for a team... cause that isnt a time you could just jump in and go... *sigh* thou i am slow... went to states twice ;) lol and even played waterpolo for Ohio State my freshman year lol...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]2:02 please tell me you swim for a team... cause that isnt a time you could just jump in and go... *sigh* thou i am slow... went to states twice ;) lol and even played waterpolo for Ohio State my freshman year lol...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well I used to train 4 times a week.... But I quit about a year ago. It surprised me too, and come to think of it, the others who came before me must've been really fast....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]oh oh what time did you go? i love swimming could never break the damn 2 mins in the 200 free... thou i did in fly :) somehow im faster at fly haha anyway yea what was your time? and um... trust me if the other guy didnt care take it and run ;) u at least offered right[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

i totally agree. BUT 2 MINUTEs not to brag but im i can swim that in about 1:30 with ease. But i have been swimming my whole life.but i dunnow what to tell ya u tryed the right thing and a juge's dissition is final

:toothy: :toothy: