Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
does anyone remember waking up on saturday morning sitting in front of the TV eating a big bowl of Mr. T's cereal and watching PeeWee's play house until Soul Train came on?

Does anyone remember going outside wearing your hair parted to the side or being comepletely messy? wearing the big plastic bracelets and beaded jewlery?

Does anyone remember playing GI Joe with your friends, or making Ken and Barbie get married?

Does anyone remember wanting to be like those kids on the breakfast club or wanting to sneak into the R rated Fast times at ridge mont high? do you remember getting away with it?

Does anyone remember putting away the Atari and pluging in your brand new Nintando entertainment system? and how those little turtles were so hard to beat?

Does anyone remember coming home from school and flicking on MTV? watching maddona or Miachle jackson hoping to be like them one day?

Does anyone remember the very first internet? how small and inpeculiar it was?

I remember...........
Posted
[color=deeppink]The 80s rocked!! I was alive for 6 years of the 80s...

I remember many things:

[list]stretch pants
layering socks
side pony tails[/list]

er...too many things to list...perhaps I'll post later when I feel like recalling the past...[/color]
Posted
[SIZE=1][color=indigo]I didn't go through too much in the 80's. Although I did get introduced to Michael(sp?) Jackson :p Lol, I was his biggest fan back in the day, and now those days are gone... But yes I slightly remember the 80's.[/size][/color]
Guest contradiction
Posted
The 80's... Man, I wish I was this age in the 80's!!! That would be so rad! The clothes, the hair, the MUSIC, the movies, JEEZ, the 80's just kicked butt!!! The Brat pack movies will always hold a special place in my heart... as doesn Michael Jackson. ha. 80's forever...
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Damn i really don't remember the song that well but yes I live in the 80's for many years and I remember:

GI JOE real american hero GI joe is there(even though the studio for the animation was japanese)

Transformers was cool, still have some of the toys

Robotech but this was probably too far back for many to remember!

M.A.S.K. another great show

Thundercats are on the loose Thunder Cats are loose

I could go on and on with ranting but I will let someone else do the job for me.

Thanks for the Memories!!!:D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo] One word...Transformers....nuff said!! Oh ait don't forget He Man aqnd the Ninja Turtles....Kids in the eighties had the best toys![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]


I Loved the Transformers... and Thundercats....I still remeber the theme songs...hehehe. I thing i've still got a few Ninja Turtles collector cards in my Treasure Box...sad, I know...but those were good times. I learnt how to play my favourite poker games in the 80s....Definitely good times.

Lego, marbles, checkered bike tights and Rags to Riches rocked.

Yup, among many things I would have to say that I was a major 80s child:D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]What are these "transformers" you aliens speak of? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hahahaha......Most likely before your time. The 80s had some pretty cool animation, one of which was Transformers.....tres cool.....They were giant robots that transformed into different vehicles and jets and they battled each other...you know...good against evil... The Autobots against the Deceptacons
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i]
[B]

Hahahaha......Most likely before your time. The 80s had some pretty cool animation, one of which was Transformers.....tres cool.....They were giant robots that transformed into different vehicles and jets and they battled each other...you know...good against evil... The Autobots against the Deceptacons [/B][/QUOTE]
An anime? Sounds kinda like Gundam to me.... :drunk: Thanks for helping me out. :)

Oh yes, and I was 2 in 1990.... sooo.... that makes me born in 1988... :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]I was born in 1988 o_O...

I was a tad bit young....[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

yep that would be a [i]bit[/i] too young to remember anything...
Posted
For the 7 years I was alive during that time I remember a lot,such as Alf,peewee,wang chung (god help us all),bill and ted,Voltron, and lots of other trash.The 80's did pave the way for my favorite times though,the early 90's.
Posted
OH MY GOD!!!! everyone's so young!!! and I is 19! [i]7 years[/i] I had to put up with the 80s, and most of you lot missed it... 'Tis enough to make me go mad!!! oh wait... it already happened :freak:

Anyway, I don't personally remember a lot about the 80s in particular.... I must have a mental block on that bit of my life..
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare [/i]
[B]does anyone remember waking up on saturday morning sitting in front of the TV eating a big bowl of Mr. T's cereal and watching PeeWee's play house until Soul Train came on?

Does anyone remember going outside wearing your hair parted to the side or being comepletely messy? wearing the big plastic bracelets and beaded jewlery?

Does anyone remember playing GI Joe with your friends, or making Ken and Barbie get married?

Does anyone remember wanting to be like those kids on the breakfast club or wanting to sneak into the R rated Fast times at ridge mont high? do you remember getting away with it?

Does anyone remember putting away the Atari and pluging in your brand new Nintando entertainment system? and how those little turtles were so hard to beat?

Does anyone remember coming home from school and flicking on MTV? watching maddona or Miachle jackson hoping to be like them one day?

Does anyone remember the very first internet? how small and inpeculiar it was?

I remember........... [/B][/QUOTE]

dear god I loved the 80's, sniff :bawl:
oh, apart from wanting to be like madonna and mickeal jackson :cross:
Posted
[color=crimson]Don't forget the slap-bracelets, the huge hoop earrings, Flash Dance, She-ra (sp?) Rainbow Brite, the Smurfs, Strawberry Shortcake, My Buddy, jelly shoes, and Boy George! Just to name a few! :love: [/color]
Posted
aw, gawd... yes i remember the 80's... i'm trying to forget... my life really sucked at that point.

although i do have fond memories of being hopelessly enamoured w/ raphael the ninja turtle. what is it w/ me & having crushes on drawn characters?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]aw, gawd... yes i remember the 80's... i'm trying to forget... my life really sucked at that point.

although i do have fond memories of being hopelessly enamoured w/ raphael the ninja turtle. what is it w/ me & having crushes on drawn characters? [/B][/QUOTE]
You're not alone about the crushes on drawn characters........
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]What are these "transformers" you aliens speak of? [/B][/QUOTE]

O_O I was born on September 2nd 1990, and even [B]I[/B] know what the transformers are!! O_O

There are the Autobots (I think) (They are good guys) and the Decepticons (I THINK, my brain is dead so I cant remember...Let me go find one of my old books. -__-;; ) (Bad guys)

And they can transform into vehicles and stuff! And did anyone see the movie? Aw poor leader dude...He die. :(

Damn...If only I had been born...9 months and...3 days earlier I'd have been born on 30th December 1989! :bawl: -_-

Although my mum says that if I was born 2 days earlier I'd be in high school right now...But thats a diffrent story. :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...