OtakuBoards

"A Freezing Surprise" (Pokemon Fanfic! Beware!)

Nerdsy

[COLOR=deeppink]We are alowed to post stories like this, aren't we?

This was my first attempt at a FanFic... I doubt any of you actually remember when I posted this before, but it's lost now, and I've edited it, so it's kinda like a new one...[/COLOR]

A Freezing Surprise.

Hey hurry up Falkner! Your so lazy at times!" yelled a girl about the age twelve with two pigtails that are the color aqua."
Well Jodi, it?s so hot out right now, that I can?t quite keep up with you children!? yelled back a young teen walking in the field breathing heavily. Falkner, the young teen, finally catches up.
"How can you stand the heat?" asks the fifteen-year-old teenager with medium length black hair.
Jodi crosses her arms, and says,? Well, we?re used to it. You?re only complaining because you?re used to staying in an air-condition gym all day."
"I wouldn't be talking little miss needs to stop ever time we pass by a shop for some food," said Falkner.
"Oh, I dare you to say that again!" Jodi curls her fist, and a vein starts bulging out of her forehead. "Oh yeah, well I dare you to say what you said too again!"
Falkner, still panting heavily, says, ?Calm down Munchkin.?
?Arg! I hate when you call me that!? exclaimed an enraged Jodi.
The two started to bicker as they continued walking. Kamon gets in between the two.
"Now can you guys get a long for just 5 minutes?" said the 12-year-old boy with evergreen hair.
"NO" said the two teens.
Kamon takes a large sigh. "At least act your ages"
"I am acting my age!" yelled a furious Jodi.
?My gosh? Kamon, are you sure you two are brother and sister?? asked Falkner. ?Because you sure don?t act alike.?
?Yeah?? replied Kamon, somewhat saddened.
?Hey, what is that supposed to mean?? yelled Jodi.
?Nothing, nothing...? said Kamon, as he started to hurry up the trail.

So they resumed their hike, with Jodi still yelling and the other two ignoring her.
Suddenly, they see a Stantler in the middle of the path in front of them.
?I?m going to catch it!? exclaimed Jodi.
?Wait,? said Falkner, ?Stantlers aren?t native to Route 32. It must be a trainer?s Pokèmon.?
?Ah, very good, my boy.? said a voice right behind them. They turned around and there stood a man. He was about 7 feet tall, with metallic clothes, and red hair.
?Stantler, return.?
A bright flash of red appeared as Stantler returned to it?s pokeball.
?Hello. My name is Gerado.? said the man. ?And, if it?s not too much trouble, what are your names??
?Well my name?s Jodi, and this is my brother, Kamon,? said the ever-talkative Jodi. ?And over there is the Violet City Gym Leader, Falkner.?
?Pleased to meat you, Gerado,? said Falkner, as he shook his hand.
?Same here,? said Kamon with a nod.
?Ah, wonderful, wonderful?.? said Gerado. ?You know, every time I let my Stantler out for a walk, some hot shot trainer comes and tries to capture it, thinking it?s a wild pokemon. And what?s ironic, I let my Stantler out here so that he could walk around freely without the fear of being caught. You?re the first trainers to realize that Stantlers aren?t native to this route, and for that, you must be excellent trainers.?
?Well, Me and Kamon are, but this little pipsqueak isn?t,? said Falkner.
?Why you?? said Jodi, shaking her fist.
?Ha ha ha? That?s quite amusing, you two bickering. Do they act like this all the time?? Gerado asked Kamon.
?Yes,? replied Kamon, still a little awestruck from the height of this man.
?Ha! Well, you all seem like good trainers.? Said Gerado. Turning to Falkner, he says, ?Even her. And I challenge you all to a pokemon battle.?
?I accept,? said Kamon, before the other two even realized what Gerado said.
?Yeah, I accept to.? said Falkner.
?Me too! Me too! Me TOOOO!!!? replied Jodi, rather excitedly.
?Alright then. But who shall be first??
?Me.? said Falkner, getting out his one of his prized pokemon.
?Go, Pidgeot.? Said Falkner, as he threw his pokeball out.
It opened, and out popped his Pidgeot, with a loud squawk.
?A Pidgeot. Hmm?? said Gerado. ?Very well, I choose Stantler.?
He threw out what looked like a custom Pokeball. It was ice blue, and had ice designs on it.
?Where did you get that? ? asked Jodi. ?Oh, I got it from Kurt down in Azalea Town,? said Gerado. ?Now let?s get the battle on with.?
With that, he sent out his Stantler. ?Stantler, Confuse Ray.? said Gerado.
Stantler then shot out two red beams from her eyes, directly at Pidgeot?s pupils.
?Pidgeot, fly!? yelled Falkner, but it was too late.
Pidgeot was already confused.
He ended up flying straight at the nearest tree, and hitting it. ?Piiiid!? yelled Pidgeot, as it regained its senses.
?Pidgeot, tackle!?
Pidgeot promptly went straight at Stantler at Mock 2 and rammed right into her. Stantler went flying back, doing a back flip from the force of impact. Groggily, she got up.
?Heh, quite a tackle that thing?s got. But see if it can handle this. Hypnosis!? said Gerado.
Stantler shook it?s head, making a strange clacking noise. Pidgeot immediately went to sleep.
?Pidgeot, no!? yelled Falkner, a look of shock on his face.
?Hit him with a Take Down to finish him.?
?Staaaantler!? yelled Stantler, as it charged full force at the sleeping Pidgeot.
?Piiiiidgeeeot!? yelled the surprised bird, as it fell back from the force and landed unconscious on the ground.
?Pidgeot, return.? said Falkner, with a tone of sadness to his voice. ?You did good, buddy.?
?Wow, you are strong!? said Jodi. Kamon just stood there, taking it all in.
?I assume you are next, young lady?? Gerado said, aiming his question towards Jodi.
?Yeah! But do you have anything stronger? That Stantler just isn?t up to my standards, especially with it being tired and all!?
?Be quiet munchkin.? Falkner mumbled under his breath.
To that, Jodi stuck her tongue out and gave him a raspberry.

?Well, you want something more powerful then my Stantler, huh?? said Gerado.? Well, Stantler is my weakest Pokemon, so I guess that could be arranged. But I doubt you will be able to defeat my next pokemon. Go, Swinub!?
The pokeball flew from his hand, and out popped a Swinub with a brilliant flash of light.
?Go, Bayleef!? Out went her Pokeball, and out went Bayleef.
?Interesting?? said Kamon. ?It?s a rare thing when you see a pokemon battle where both pokemon have the advantage over each other. Swinub is part ice, which has the advantage over grass pokemon, like Bayleef. But, it?s also part ground, and grass has the advantage over that. So it all depends who?s the better trainer.?
?She doesn?t stand a chance,? stated Falkner.

?Alright, start off with a Powder Snow, Swinub!?
Swinub promptly blew a powdery snow out of its mouth. ?Dodge it, Bayleef!? shouted Jodi, a bit overenthusiastically.
Bayleef quickly dodged, and came back with a vine whip.
?Hey, I didn?t tell you to do that!? whined Jodi.
The Vine Whip hit Swinub, knocking it on it?s back.
?Never mind, it worked, and that?s all that matters!? said Jodi.
?Do you not take this seriously or something?? asked Gerado, puzzled..
?No, not really!? was the answer.
?Swinub, take down!?
Swinub then charged full force.
?Bayleef, counter with a body slam!?
Bayleef charged with the ferocity of a freight train. They ran into each other, knocking themselves back quite a few feet. Both were stunned from the impact. Bayleef was the first to recover.
?Bayleef, hit him with a razor leaf!?
Bayleef then shot dozens of sharp, stiff leaves straight at Swinub. They hit him hard, which really damaged him.
?Alright! One more attack and we win!? exclaimed Jodi, with joy.
?Ha. It?s not over yet.? laughed Gerado, reaching into his pocket. He then brought out a small capsule.
?Swinub. Icy wind.? he said, while throwing the capsule right in front of the Swinub.
Then, all the hair on Swinub flew up straight outward, and from each hair, a cold wind blew, with little bits of snow in it. The devastating attack hit the capsule in mid air, which then exploded, and the Icy Wind attack shot the frozen explosion straight at the Bayleef.
It all happened so fast that Jodi had no time at all to react, and the attack hit the Bayleef, whom instantly froze.
?Nooo!? shouted Jodi, who was distraught at what just happened.
?Told you.? whispered Falkner to Kamon.

?Cheater! What was that thing you threw in front of the icy wind attack? Bayleef, return!?
The frozen Bayleef then defrosted and returned to the pokeball.
Grinning all the while, Gerado said, ?That is a little invention of mine. I call it the X-freeze. When you use it in combination with an ice attack, it automatically freezes the opposing pokemon. And no, my dear, it was not cheating. It is an officially sanctioned item, usable in non-official pokemon matches. All the Elite Four agreed, and the Champion agreed, as did the majority of the council. But the Grand Master himself didn?t agree, for some reason? I don?t think he thought it was too fair.?
?Why you? You should have at least told me about it!? shouted an angered Jodi.
?Settle down Jodi,? said Kamon. ?You lost, accept it and learn from the battle. And, I believe, it?s my turn. Tell me, do you happen to have a Piloswine instead of another Swinub?
?Why, yes I do, he?s my best pokemon. Why? Do you want to fight it?? asked Gerado.
?Why yes, I do,? answered Kamon.

?Okay then. But remember, it?s your funeral. Go, Piloswine.?
The Piloswine came out of its pokeball. And it was no ordinary Piloswine; it had to be at least 2 feet taller and 25 pounds heavier then a normal one.
?Impressive. Go, Cyndaquil.?
With that, the fiery pokemon came out of its pokeball, ready for a battle. ?Heh heh?A fire type. Good choice. But it?s still no match for my Piloswine.? bragged Gerado.
?We?ll see about that.? calmly stated Kamon.
?Piloswine, Take Down.?
?Cyndaquil, Ember.?
The ember shot straight from his back, right at the eyes of the Piloswine. This caused the Piloswine to turn away and protect his eyes. The ember ended up hitting his side. But, while it was turning away, it rammed right into a rock with the Take Down attack, splitting the rock in two. This left the Piloswine stunned for a moment, but it quickly recovered.
?Good move.? Said a rather impressed Gerado. ?Now try this. Powder snow!?
As the powder snow flew straight at the Cyndaquil, it just stood there. It took the brunt of the attack and barely even flinched. Gerado was shocked.
?Grrr? Piloswine! Fury attack!?
The Piloswine shot straight at the Cyndaquil in a series of powerful Tackles. They all hit, but each one hurt the Piloswine just as much as the Cyndaquil, because of the heat from the fire.
?That?s it!? exclaimed Gerado, as he reached into his pocket, and brought out an X-Freeze.
?Icy Wind!?
Once again, the hair shot forward, and the wind flew from them, making the capsule explode, and freezing the Cyndaquil cold.
?Ha! I win. I told you that you couldn?t beat my Piloswine. If my Swinub is unbeatable, how could my Piloswine be defeated! HA!?
Kamon just stood there, unaffected. ?It?s not over.? he calmly said, with a slight hint of a grin.
?What? How could it not be over! Your pokemon is frozen, frozen pokemon cant attack!? Gerado said, half laughing.
?Is that a fact? Cyndaquil, Flame Wheel.?
Suddenly, the ice around the Cyndaquil started to glow red. Then, it started melting.
Suddenly, Cyndaquil jumped right out of the top, with a ring of fire around his waist, like a hoola-hoop. It then took the ring of flames over its head, and did a front flip in mid-air throwing the fire ring right at the Piloswine. It made contact, and stunned the pokemon.
?No! It?s impossible!? yelled Gerado.
?Cyndaquil, flamethrower.?
Cyndaquil suddenly shot a huge stream of fire from it?s mouth, hitting the Piloswine and knocking him unconscious.
?You win,? said Gerado. ?Congratulations.?
?Thank you, Gerado,? said Kamon. ?It was a great match. And you did well, Cyndaquil. Have a berry.?
Kamon threw the berry up in the air, and Cyndaquil jumped up and caught it in his mouth, which caused a group wide laugh.

After they had sat down and eaten lunch, Kamon asked a question that had been bothering him all afternoon.
?Gerado,? he began,? Do you know a young man about my age, with long red hair, who goes by the name Silver??
?Silver? Is that what he calls himself these days? Yes, I know him, he is my younger brother.? answered Gerado.
?What!?? exclaimed Jodi, ?How can that be? He?s sooo mean, and your nice!?
?Well,? he began, ?he started acting really distant and cold-hearted after father disappeared. Just don?t mind him, he probably won?t do any harm. Well, in any case I have to be off. I hope to see you all at the Johto Championships. Farewell!?
?Goodbye!? said all three young trainers. And with that, he started walking off towards Cherrygrove.
?Wow, what a nice guy.? said Jodi. ?Well, we should be off!?
?No more walking today, it?s too hot,? complained Falkner.
?Well, tough it out you big wuss!? yelled Jodi.
?Come on, stop bickering, it?s slowing us down,? said Kamon.
?I?m not bickering, he is!? yelled Jodi.
?Come on, how immature is that?? asked Falkner.
?That?s it, you two can fight all you want, I?m heading towards the ruins of Alph. See you when you get here.? stated Kamon, as he started walking in the direction of the ruins. He was nearly twenty feet away when Jodi and Falkner noticed he was leaving.
?Hey! Wait for us!? they yelled, as they ran after him.

To be continued?

[color=deeppink] Well, there it is... It's not the original one in the series, but it's the only one I have done...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Very good Nerdsy, I like it. :) Post more to it.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Ummm... That's it. ^_^

It's just a short story I wrote a while back... I haven't gotten around to making anymore... I want to make the first few short stories of this particular story , but I'm a busy N-Man...[/COLOR]

[B][SIZE=1]Bah! Fine then, I will have to keep myself busy by writing some sort of Mimi fanfic, does it sound like a good idea to you?[/SIZE]

:whoops: [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]LOL, go ahead man. That sounds like fun...just be sure to live up to her character of "total ditz."[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]LOL, go ahead man. That sounds like fun...just be sure to live up to her character of "total ditz."[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Mimi... a ditz? You surely jest...[/SIZE] :)

[B]

[SIZE=1]Mimi... a ditz? You surely jest...[/SIZE] :) [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]heh. When (and if) you finish, I'd like to see it, Shyguy.

[size=1]Who knows, maybe I'll finish one of my stories, someday...[/size][/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]Yes, it's always nice when you post a story, and instead of feedback the thread turns into a discussion on Mimi. ^_^[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

:toothy: [SIZE=1]Sorry N-Man, it won't happen again.. I promise.[/SIZE]

[B]

:toothy: [SIZE=1]Sorry N-Man, it won't happen again.. I promise.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Behold the insincere smiley...

And N-Man, uh....nice story. You know I don't care for Pokemon, and I'd already read it, so I couldn't thiink of anything feed-back-related to post for you.....
[/FONT]

[COLOR=deeppink]Alright, I have a new story!

Raiha, if you would be so kind as too change the name of the thread for me (I don't think I can do it, and if I can, I don't know how. -.-'''), I'd appreciate it. Chnage it to... "N-Man's Stories From Johto", please. [/COLOR]

Genesis

This, my friends, is the beginning. Of what, you ask? Of the next step in Pokèmon. Johto. This series will follow the adventures of a young boy. This story opens to that young boy, asleep in his bed. He is tossing and turning, going through some feverish nightmare only he knows of. Now, enough of this prattle. Shall we watch, as this boy?s adventures begin?

DO! DRI! O!
DO! DRI! O!
DO! DRI! O!

[i]Who are you! What do you want![/i]
[b]I am you worst nightmare.[/b]
[i]Go away! This? is a dream! It has to be![/i]
[b]Yes, it is. But soon, you shall meet me. Face. To. Face. And then, boy, you will learn the true meaning of fear.[/b]
[i]I- I don?t fear you![/i]
[b]You will.[/b]

[i][b]*Two strange shapes appear. One is obviously human. One is obviously not. This one is has a strange resemblance to a feline. *[/b][/i]

?Kamon! Wake up! You?re having a nightmare!?
?Wha??
?You were tossing and turning there, honey. What were you dreaming about??
?Oh, nothing,? the boy whom we now know as Kamon said, as he got out of bed.
?Well, it didn?t seem like nothing,? said Kamon?s mother, Mrs. Cauta. ?Now, get up, you sister made breakfast already.?
?Again?? said Kamon, as he grumbled something inaudible about ?celery and motor oil?.
?Hey, enough of your complaining. You need your strength, and Jodi?s cooking will do that for you.?
?Yeah, I know, just tell her to work on the taste.?
?It?s not as bad as your father?s cooking.?

Kamon is a tall 12-year old with short, evergreen hair. He gets out of bed, yawning, and heads downstairs to get himself a bite to eat.

?What?s for breakfast, Jodi? More liver and sewage?? joked Kamon.
?Ha ha, very funny, Kamon,? said the spunk young girl. ?It?s actually bacon and eggs, with my special touch.?
?Oh, so you added the radioactive waste again, huh??
?Yup,? said Jodi with a wink

Now, before we slip farther into this intriguing tale, let?s find out more about Jodi, shall we? She?s short. She?s twelve. She?s naïve. And she?s enthusiastic. She has long, aqua hair, which she wears in a pigtail. Is that enough? Good, let?s continue with the story.

?Kamon, Professor Elm wanted to see you. You should stop by his lab on your way out,? said Mrs. Cauta. ?You too, Jodi. He said he needs you two to go run an errand.?
?All right, I?ll go now, I just finished my meal,? says Kamon.
?Okay, I?ll catch up with you in a little bit!? says Jodi.
?Having trouble choking it down?? Kamon asks with a grin.
?Just get going already!?
?All right! Bye!

So, Kamon heads toward the lab of Prof. Elm. It is a fairly large building. Sky-blue. It is about a block (if you could call it a block, since there are no streets in this town) away from Kamon?s house. Kamon arrives, and finds strange boy peeking in the window. Curious, Kamon goes and investigates.

The boy is a tall, young boy. (Err? Yeah.) He has long, crimson coulered hair, and the mannerisms of a troublemaker. He kept muttering strange things.

?So this is the famous lab of Prof. Elm?? said the strange boy.
?Can I help you?? Kamon asks, suspiciously.
?Huh?? The boy looks shocked, then an angry looks appears on his face. ?Who are you? You have no business here! Get away!?

With that, the mysterious young boy stormed over to Kamon and tripped him. Before Kamon could get up to defend himself, the boy picked up a stick and began swinging it at Kamon. Kamon was helpless.

?What?s going on out there??

As soon as he heard that, the boy dropped the stick and ran through the woods.

?Kamon, what are you doing down there on the ground?? asked Prof. Elm.

Kamon tells him everything that had happened.

?Well, what a rapscallion! I?ll have to keep a watch out for this cretin. Now, what are you doing here, my boy?? said Elm.
?You sent for me.? Responded Kamon.
?That?s correct, I did! Blasted memory? At least it?s better than Prof. Oak?s. He can?t even remember his own grandson?s name sometimes! Now, where is your sibling??
?She?ll be here soon. She had to finish eating.?
?Ah, I see. Well, we can?t very well commence until your sister arrives. Let?s have a little discussion, to bide out time until she arrives. Shall we??
?Always, Professor.

After about three hours of intense talk about Pokèmon, Jodi suddenly pops up, out of breath.
?Jodi, where have you been?? asked Kamon.
?I?VE BEEN BANGING AND YELLING AT THE FRONT DOOR FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS! IT?S LOCKED! WHY DIDN?T YOU COME TO GET ME! I HAD TO CLIMB IN THROUGH A WINDOW!?
Prof. Elm, taken back, said, ?The doors not locked. Nothing?s wrong with it.?
?YOU IDIOT! IF IT WASN?T LOCKED, HOW COME I COULDN?T PULL THE DOOR OPEN!??
?It?s a push-open door.?

Jodi just stares out him, her jaw quivering with rage, and turns red.
Kamon starts laughing hysterically.

?IT?S NOT FUNNY!?

Jump to the lab?

?Kamon, Jodi, I summoned you here because I require a favor. I need you to go to Mr. Pokèmon?s House to pick up an important research item. I would go myself, but I?m so terribly preoccupied with other theories and experiments!?
?Okay, where does Mr. Pokèmon live?? asks Kamon.
?Just north of Cherrygrove City. Before you go, I have a gift that will help you along the way.?
?What is it?? asked Jodi.
?Pokèmon.? Stated Prof. Elm.
?WHAT!!!? Jodi yelled.
Kamon just sat there, speechless.

In the Pokèmon room?

?You have a selection of three Pokèmon room?

?You have a selection of three Pokèmon. Totodile, Cyndaquil, and Chikorita. That?s water, fire, and grass. What do you pick? You first, Jodi.?
?I pick? Totodile! He?s soooo cute!?
?Very well.? He hands her a light blue Pokèball.

?How about you, Kamon??
?I want?? He stops and thinks of his sister?s choice. What is the best to choose for that? Should I choose a Pokèmon based entirely on my sister?s choice? So many questions!

?I want? Cyndaquil.?

?Excellent choice!? Elm tosses a bright red Pokèball at Kamon. ?Now... To test your Pokèmon! But keep in mind, the decision is made, you cannot exchange your Pokèmon.?

Kamon and Jodi look at each other, ready for battle. They know that whoever wins this will be the ?commander? on this little trip, and will have the say in where they head if they decide to adventure on after the errand.

?I choose you!? yelled the siblings simultaneously.

Seconds later, Totodile and Cyndaquil were facing each other.

?Let?s get this started! Totodile, Hydro Pump!? commanded Totodile.
Totodile goes to sleep.
?WHAT ARE YOU DOING!??
?Todo!? Totodile exclaimed at this sudden outburst. He resolved not to go to sleep in a battle again, for fear of Jodi?s yelling.

?Hey, Cyndaquil, how are you? Asked Kamon.
?Cyn??
?Good, huh? So, are you looking forward to us being partners?
?Cyn??
?Don?t know, huh? Well, I?m going to try. Are you willing to?
?Cyn??
?Alright.?

(Insert: To those who are wondering, there [i]is[/i] a difference between the three sounds Cyndaquil just made. It?s just hard to illustrate in writing.)

?Cyndaquil! Fire Spin!?
From Cyndaquil?s back shot a huge tornado of flame. It spun around Totodile, blocking her path.

?Totodile! Hydro Pump! NOW!!!?
Totodile inhaled, and got ready to shoot a huge blast of water straight at Cyndaquil.
?Wait for it?? said Kamon.
?To??
?Wait??
?Do??
?Almost..?
?DILE!?
?NOW Quick Attack and Ember!

Cyndaquil, with the extra speed of Quick Attack, easily dodged the Hydro Pump (especially with it?s low accuracy) and shot straight into the firey tornado, hitting Totodile with the Quick Attack and shooting an Ember attack straight into his eyes.
Blinded, this made Totodile stumble backwards into the Fire Spin.

?TO-O-O-O-O-O!?
Totodile falls to the ground, no longer able to battle.

After the battle?

?You both did well. I?m impressed with the skills of both of you, especially so early in your lives. Now, you should be off! Your mother sent you some pre-prepared packed lunch. Here you are.?

?Good-bye, Prof!? said Jodi.
?See you in a few days, Prof.?

They put on their new backpacks, and head down Route 29.
What adventures await these two young trainers?