James Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [color=royalblue]Everyone's brought up some interesting points, but Anti, I don't think you really understood my "family" analogy. I'm trying to say that, in my opinion, what someone says about themselves isn't really my concern. But when someone else starts verbally abusing them with some of the words mentioned, it becomes offensive. So when someone calls themselves a "nigga" or if they use that word in their own group...in my view, it's their own business. But if someone came along and started saying it to them in a discriminatory way...I would view that was being wrong.[/color]
Anti Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 o.O I understood that from that point of view James... but once you go beyond that view, to a big part of why that word is a problem, which is saying that just because your this skin color...that analogy dosn't hold water
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now