Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 In my school district, we're having this band/orcherstra solo and ensamble competition. I play the flute in my band and I signed up for it because of medals and stuff. I'm playing this really hard song called Menuett, and I think I sound like crap. I'm really nervous and I just wanted to know if anyone else has been in a situtaion like me. Is there anyone else out there? Help...I'm scared....:nervous: :worried:
Sara Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]Yeah, I'm playing in a clarinet quartet...alto part....great fun.....the judges are gonna tear us to shreds....[/FONT]
Ryan Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [size=1] I am not that high because I am 12 but I play Trombone and I am pretty good at it. I especially like the glissandos. Also called a smear.[/size]
mornigndew Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [color=blue][size=1] I played piano in high school. I have to played in front of many people, and I'm nervous. I tried to focus and leave my my blank. Just focus and concentrate on what are you playing. [/color][/size]
Ryan Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i] [B][color=blue][size=1] I played piano in high school. I have to played in front of many people, and I'm nervous. I tried to focus and leave my my blank. Just focus and concentrate on what are you playing. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1] Yeah, I get nervous when I am playing. But if someone gets too close I will smack them with my slide lol! Hey Mornigndew! I haven't seen you here for a while. Busy with college?[/size]
mornigndew Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i] [B] [size=1] Yeah, I get nervous when I am playing. But if someone gets too close I will smack them with my slide lol! Hey Mornigndew! I haven't seen you here for a while. Busy with college?[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=blue][size=1] You actually smack them. :laugh: Yeah, I took English this simester. I have to work harder. [/color][/size]
tursi Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 I played in a tuba solo and a tuba quartet( two tubas two euphoniums) ^_^
Defcon5 Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 I have to sing a solo in the school play. I have to sing mean yet still sing good. I'm worried about singing good. Does that count?
asar Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 Seeing as though this topic is related to nervousness pretty well, i'll share my experience with performing. I was asked to go in the debating team because i was an alright public speaker, but i had never done debating before. It turned out that i wasn't going to be 4th speaker (who paradoxically doesn't speak at all) but rather i was first speaker negative- so i not only had to speak but to rebutt as well. Anyways, i'm taking a drink to calm my real bad nerves, and my hand was shaking so badly that i dropped the water...right into my crutch.:blush: :blush: :blush: The upside was that i didn't have to speak that day!!!
Guest Matt Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 i play the bass guitar in the band i'm in. we give little concerts at school. the principle lets us use the auditorium. i think i'm pretty good, and the band is good. considering the auditorium fills up pretty quick.
BabyGirl Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [color=deeppink]::cough:: ensemble with an "e" ::cough::...I'll edit the thread title for you. Anyway, I've been to Solo and Ensemble before...4 years ago in 8th grade. My band (school band) recieved all 1s. It's not that hard, really. Just have fun.[/color]
Heaven's Cloud Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [color=indigo] Well there is only one sure way to not be nervous when you are playing music in front of an audience. Just be confident in your abilities to the point of insane arrogance, even if your not that good.:) Hey, it always works for me...[/color]
Fall Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 I used to play the trombone, and now I play the drums.... wasn't much good at the trombone, so that;s why I switched... :D Just try your best, and be calm, you'll be right. :)
Char! Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [SIZE=1][B]WOW. I HAVE TO DO BOTH A DUET AND A SOLO THIS SATURDAY, FOR THE WSMA CONTEST. I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE SOLO, BUT I'M READY FOR THE DUET. STILL, IT'LL BE MY FIRST CONTEST AND I'M MUCH TOO NERVOUS, ESPECIALLY SINCE I'VE BEEN SQUEAKING LATELY...[/B][/SIZE]
Sere Tuscumbia Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 Heh . . . I had to do Solo and Ensemble for choir . . .that was Feb. 23rd . . . However, choir is easier than band/strings/any of that. Why? Because if you smile a lot, it impresses the judges . . . I dun think you can smile if you're playing an instrument . . . Well neway, congrats to me . . . 'cause I got a 1 on both solo and ensemble! :D Yay!
lyca_lightwing Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 Aw Bulmavegeta I know exectly how you are feeling. My first clarinet duet in front of my school was horrible, I was shaking with nerves but the adrenaline got me through. And if all else fails just remember that even if it all goes horribly wrong, everone will be too polite not to clap and smile at the end anyway :D Good luck.
Defcon5 Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lyca_lightwing [/i] [B]Aw Bulmavegeta I know exectly how you are feeling. My first clarinet duet in front of my school was horrible, I was shaking with nerves but the adrenaline got me through. And if all else fails just remember that even if it all goes horribly wrong, everone will be too polite not to clap and smile at the end anyway :D Good luck. [/B][/QUOTE] Some nice words of encouragement there.....
Raquel Posted February 27, 2002 Posted February 27, 2002 we're going too... saxaphone... i play alto...we've got mussete
Ryan Posted February 28, 2002 Posted February 28, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i] [B] [color=blue][size=1] You actually smack them. :laugh: [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1] I don't smack them, but in trombone we have to move a slide so if they get to close the slide will hit them in the face.[/size]
Fall Posted February 28, 2002 Posted February 28, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i] [B] [size=1] I don't smack them, but in trombone we have to move a slide so if they get to close the slide will hit them in the face.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] lol I did that once in a chior stage thingy..... I hit the person playing a flute in the back of the head, and he fell over, and took down mpst of the other people on the stage too....:angel: Ahhh, I got into a fair bit of trouble then....
Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted March 9, 2002 Posted March 9, 2002 Guess what, I'm finally back to reply, I've really busy lately... ANyway, the SandE competition took place last weekend, and I got a 1!!!!!!!!!! *ATTENTION ALL PPL!!!!! I GOT A 1 ON MY SOLO!!!!* I wasn't that nervous, but I also got a medal!!!
stardust Posted March 9, 2002 Posted March 9, 2002 :flaming: grr!I wished so bad since I started playin flute in 5th grade I would sumday play and win in a contest! I'm a great flute player, but they do band classes by audition which I always mess up on! And thanx to that bad method of sorting band students, I ended up with the teacher who thinks we can't play~!! He was impressed we knew what and upper register was, he said he was gonna give us a really hard piece of music he wasn't sure we could play, it turned out to be yankee doodle! And now, all the flutes in the other band got picked for the contest, and it's not fair!
Char! Posted March 13, 2002 Posted March 13, 2002 Sweetness. I just got back from a field trip to a band contest, in which we were a part of. It consisted of bands from a couple different cities. We were the [i]only[/i] band from Milwaukee, representing the [i]entire[/i] MPS district. We were making fun of all the suburban white kids:devil: (No offense to all you suburban white kids out there...:naughty: ) We did alright, by the way...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now