Jump to content
OtakuBoards

The Toonami midknight run


Recommended Posts

Guest Kurtis
Posted
The Toonami midknight run doesn't come on fridays...:confused:

but it does come mon-thur. Midnight is the only time
I can watch since I work and go to school during
the day. But wont the eps on the midknight run
get more and more behind from the week day eps?

:tasty:
Guest Shift
Posted
[COLOR=indigo]Yeah i'd think so but i don't watch the midnight run,,,it's too late at night so i have sleep then go to school.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Do you suppose the midknight run rides on a horse? [/B][/QUOTE]


LOL :laugh: :laugh:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cibo [/i]
[B]


LOL :laugh: :laugh: [/B][/QUOTE]
Also...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare [/i]
[B]


:laugh: :laugh: LOL[/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Please don't copy eachothers posts word for word, especially when it is just one word (that is not allowed here, well at least not in my forum.)

They show more "Cartoon, Cartoons" on friday night for some reason, I guess they get higher ratings with "Ed, Edd and Eddy" than they do with "Dragonball" oh well...[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]I guess they get higher ratings with "Ed, Edd and Eddy" than they do with "Dragonball" oh well...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]Why doesn't that make any sense to me? Maybe becuase Ed, Edd, and Eddy is [/COLOR] [B]stupid[/B] [COLOR=darkblue].[/COLOR]
Posted
The Midnight run is susposed to have an harder edge than the afternoon stuff, right? Cause I don't see anything all that different in them. Cowboy Bebop is better then 10 year old reruns of Batman Beyond however....

Gwen
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gwendolyn24 [/i]
[B]Cowboy Bebop is better then 10 year old reruns of Batman Beyond however....
[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]I'm just a bit suprised at one thing: Toonami is anime...right? Is Batman anime? if Batman's anime, Powerpuff Girls is anime too.[/COLOR] :D
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Anime strictly comes from Japan! Batman and Power Puff girls are both animated and produced by americans therefore those two shows are just cartoons not anime!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Anime strictly comes from Japan! Batman and Power Puff girls are both animated and produced by americans therefore those two shows are just cartoons not anime! [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!! Why does Toonami have Superman and Batman with it? Because CN's plain STUPID!! That's why! With all the anime out there they could get rights for, you'd think they wouldn't have to play non-anime in the miniscule time slot reserved for ANIME. :flaming: I hate that. They take off all the good shows, then play shows that aren't even anime! I'd much rather watch reruns of sailormoon and Gundam Wing than some Batman or Superman show.....:demon:
Posted
[color=red][size=3]Actually, Batman Beyond isn't ten years old, it's art stlye is influenced by Anime, and it's an awesome 'toon(maybe I'm just saying that 'cuz I'm a comic geek)!

But, yeah, I am kinda peeved that they took DBZ and DB off of Friday, but it's better now that they've got Thurs. back and Adult Swim (which is now great, by the way) has been moved to Saturdays, because I tape the eps off of Midnight Run and watch them when I get home.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]

Exactly!!!! Why does Toonami have Superman and Batman with it? Because CN's plain STUPID!! That's why! With all the anime out there they could get rights for, you'd think they wouldn't have to play non-anime in the miniscule time slot reserved for ANIME. :flaming: I hate that. They take off all the good shows, then play shows that aren't even anime! I'd much rather watch reruns of sailormoon and Gundam Wing than some Batman or Superman show.....:demon: [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Nowhere does Toonami state that it is only supposed to show anime shows! Toonami has always been about showing action cartoons, not just stuff from Japan.[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Anime strictly comes from Japan! Batman and Power Puff girls are both animated and produced by americans therefore those two shows are just cartoons not anime! [/B][/QUOTE]

well, there are proper american anime, its just....they're....not....that....good....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

well, there are proper american anime, its just....they're....not....that....good.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Hey, maybe in your opinion...I personally like Powerpuff Girls.[/SIZE] :p
Guest Imsirion
Posted
1st: I hate it when people think cartoons are anime when its painfully obvious (sp?) their not! ( If you cant tell, watch the credits)

2nd: Toonami never said ,"All anime shows!", they just say "The best action cartoons!" So thats why they show animes and cartoons.

p.s. I know I said they say Best action cartoons! (cartoons being the key word) but still show anime and you know why??? cause their screwed up.
Posted
[color=red][size=3]I know Anime's not a cartoon, but I wouldn't take it as an insult if someone called it a cartoon. The average person flips over and sees DBZ, they aren't going to know it's japanese, just that it's animated, so it can't be helped.[/color][/size]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
This is true. I once encounteed a girl who really liked Sailor Moon. But she was surprized when I told her it was originally from Japan.
:wigout:
Posted
I thought power puff girls where an anime. Well i thought it came from japan. When i saw an episode there was Japanese writing on the signs and stuff, and the music video about them had writing in Japan. Teaching you how to write the characters names. Well anyway Power Puffs are stupid as is batman
Posted
[font=comic sans ms]Here we go again, the ever-misguided notion that anime is not cartoons. That's just Western, and particularly, American distinction; Japanese doesn't make the same distinction. Or, in short, they [i]do[/i] recognize Powerpuff Girls as anime as much as, say, Dragonball Z or Rurouni Kenshin. I guess it would be helpful in knowing which definition people go by when they talk about anime: is it the American definition, which confines anime strictly to Japanese animation, or is it by Japanese definition, which encompasses [i]all[/i] (and let me emphasize that one) animation as anime?[/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...