OtakuBoards

My opinion on the Bandai gundam games

_Shiro Amada_

I am truly cross by the horrible Gundam games that are being made by Bandai (Such as Journey to Jaburo, Zeonic Front, etc.). These games lack detail, animation, and frame rate. After a few minutes of playing these horrible excuses for Gundam games I realized that the games are in need of a new developer, because if these games don't get better they shouldn't be made at all. What are your ideas on this, do you believe that Bandai is doing a good job and think that the games are good only because they ar Gundam or do you truly belive they are miserable pieces of crap?

Actually, the only good Gundam games were mostly from SNES, such as Wing's Endless Duel or Moble Fighter G Gundam. I, on the other hand, liked 0079 Side Story. Oh sure it was piloting GMs, but hey, it was better than nothing. It was a short game, but you can still experience mobile suit battles, in a way.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I owned all the gundam games for the exception of the PS2 ones which I heard aren't all that great. The best ones were probably Gundam 0079 Rise from the Ashes and GW Endless Duel, to bad the game wasn't endless.

On a side note since we are taking about Gundam games here there was one for the DC that was a good rpg game that not only had almost all the Gundams and Characters from the show but other Sunrise characters. The game is called Sunrise Eiyuutan, and is an rpg with virtually all the mechs and characters of many of the famous Gundam and other Sunrise shows. Has anyone else played it or own it like I do!

Another game that was in the same style of Sunrise Eiyuutan was Super Robot Wars Alpha, That game also crossed over all the mech animes such as Macross, Evangelion, Gundam, etc... into one pretty good Rpg. Has anyone owned it or played it besides me!

That enough ranting for now!;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by _Shiro Amada_ [/i]
[B]I am truly cross by the horrible Gundam games that are being made by Bandai (Such as Journey to Jaburo, Zeonic Front, etc.). These games lack detail, animation, and frame rate. After a few minutes of playing these horrible excuses for Gundam games I realized that the games are in need of a new developer, because if these games don't get better they shouldn't be made at all. What are your ideas on this, do you believe that Bandai is doing a good job and think that the games are good only because they ar Gundam or do you truly belive they are miserable pieces of crap? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I will agree with you that they do probably need a new producer. But I am one of those that plays them even if they are bad ;).....But yeah I expect witha different producer those games would be MUCH better....

the type of game i would like is a first person shooter, your in the one year war on the ground or in space. Fighting for your life against the zeon, or be the zeon, and fighting in the biggest battles, Oddesya, soloman, and the last stand place i forgot:nervous:.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
to tell you this but I can't read Japanese I can only speak it, however I did manage to beat that game, and learn the controls for it, once you get into it, the game becomes really good however I am missing 5 pilots and mechs but I am working on it!

I can read some japanese and this DC game you speak of I have not heard of. Why, don't they import all the good games for DC, that's is one of the several reasons its a dead system. I sooo wanted Godzilla Generations to come out here. An word is that Tekken 4 is coming out for DC sucks for US though we only get it on PS2.:flaming:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by _Shiro Amada_ [/i]
[B]I can read some japanese and this DC game you speak of I have not heard of. Why, don't they import all the good games for DC, that's is one of the several reasons its a dead system. I sooo wanted Godzilla Generations to come out here. An word is that Tekken 4 is coming out for DC sucks for US though we only get it on PS2.:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

rumours of tekken 4 on the DC is completely unfounded, namco have a deal going on with sony in which tekken 4 can ONLY be released for the ps2....

Guest _Char Aznable_
I have Zeonic Front and Side Story 0080 Rise From the Ashes for DC and I think both games are great but that might just be because I love everything Gundam. Though in Zeonic Front the Zakus are really slow and if you get hit once your'e dead. I've played Journey to Jaburo and that's a really good game in my opinion except that controls are kinda screwy but you can change that from the menu if you want to.