OtakuBoards

2 Gamecubes?!

Fall

[color=indigo]I've never heard anything about a gold colored GCN before this... It must have been a contest or something like that, otherwise we would have heard about it. I'll look into this, and see what I can find out.[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I've never heard anything about a gold colored GCN before this... It must have been a contest or something like that, otherwise we would have heard about it. I'll look into this, and see what I can find out.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Yes, it all seems so strange. I interogated him with questions today in fourth period, and I got somewhat carried away by asking him more questions while he was in the middle of answering them, so I may not have got the whole story. It sure seems that way, considering that the things I did manage to get out of him continue to puzzle me. Here is what I have so far been able to figure out about this mystery:

1) He got a GameCube gold in color for his birthday from his grandparents.

2) His grandparents did not win this at a contest, but merely bought it in a store called Babages in Waldorf Maryland, USA.

3) The box had a picture of a gold GameCube, which he swears to me (after asking him atleast ten times to make sure he was positive) that the name of this color was "Spice."

4) When comparing his gold GameCube to the color of orange, his was deffinitely gold.

5) He saw his gold GameCube in a GamePro magazine that included red and other such GCN colors as well.

I do not know what to make of many of these statements. Do you?[/color]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]
I do not know what to make of many of these statements. Do you?[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

Um, yeah, his grandparents bought him a spice colored Game Cube for his birthday. It took me a while to dechiper the ingenious coding that he put his words into, but that seems to be the gist of it.;)

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Does his GCN look like the one in the attachment? 'Cause that's the Spice color.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]No, that is the strangest thing, and this is one of the points that I'm going to have use against Crazy White Boy's post. "Spice" is supposed to be the color of orange as far as GCNs go, and yet it is being used to refer to the color of gold. Us on Otaku, hardcore and new gamers alike, have not heard the opening bell for such GCNs with the color of gold to be put on the market. And yet it slipped through somehow. It doesn't make sense. I mean, if we all skipped it, at least James would have been there to back us up, but here he doesn't, and we find it in a normal, everyday store. Crazy White Boy, if you understand all of his statements perfectly well, please share your observations on each point, and you could help all of us greatly.[/COLOR]

Hmmm... maybe your friend's GCN was accidently misplaced with a Gold GCN, that wasn't suppose to be released out to the public.

All this gold color reminds me of Toys R' Us (A Videogame/Toy Store) when they sold limimted Gold versions of N64's to the public.

Can this be the same situation with "Babbages"?They might of sold out limited edition of Gold Gamecubes, which I think staff workers at Babbages could have got thier's custom painted by proffesionals.Or maybe even here ----> [url=http://www.colorconsoles.com]Color Consoles[/url].

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Treble [/i]
[B]Hmmm... maybe your friend's GCN was accidently misplaced with a Gold GCN, that wasn't suppose to be released out to the public.

All this gold color reminds me of Toys R' Us (A Videogame/Toy Store) when they sold limimted Gold versions of N64's to the public.

Can this be the same situation with "Babbages"?They might of sold out limited edition of Gold Gamecubes, which I think staff workers at Babbages could have got thier's custom painted by proffesionals.Or maybe even here ----> [url=http://www.colorconsoles.com]Color Consoles[/url]. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Yes, it very well may be the same situation. However, they probably did not have them painted by prefossionals, due to the fact that the box features a gold GameCube. Well, I guess it isn't that big of a deal if they were going to release it sooner or later. But if that GameCube was limited edition, let's just say that they messed up big time, and will have some explainig to do. If this is the case, then I envey the lot that got their hands on them while they could.

By the way, I went to the link that you provided, and here are a few pictures of the gold GameCube my friend had got:
[img]http://www.colorconsoles.com/images/gcn/ionicgold/bigionicgold3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.colorconsoles.com/images/gcn/ionicgold/bigionicgold2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.colorconsoles.com/images/gcn/ionicgold/bigionicgold4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.colorconsoles.com/images/gcn/ionicgold/bigionicgold1.jpg[/img][/COLOR]

[color=indigo]That's because they did paint over another layer of paint. Those are pictures from that site that Treble posted a link to.

I'd like to see some actual pictures of your friends GCN. You might try comparing it to another normal colored GCN, and see if there's any differences at all.
Oh, and before the GCN was released, they showed pictures of a bunch of different colors... One of which was gold...[/color]

[color=green]I thought I saw a silver one in the EGM Magazine..... am I right? I think it was one of the issues late last year.... :rolleyes:

Ugh, all this is giving me flashbacks of me trying to paint my SNES..... a shiny greenish color..... :D[/color]

[color=indigo]I've been getting EGM since August 2001, but I don't remember any pictures of a silver GCN... There've been pictures of the Q, which is kind of silver/grey... I dunno...

You know what system I like the most, when it comes to how it looks? I like the NES. Nice and square, and it looks like it'd still work after hitting someone upside the head with it... And it probably would still work, too! You can do that with an old Game Boy, so it might work with an old NES...
In an old issue of Nintendo Power, someone wrote in to tell about how he accidently dropped his GBC from five stories up... onto cement... and it still worked..... And Game Boy Colors don't seem as sturdy to me, as the old original Game Boys...[/color]

[color=green]Yeah, it could've been the Q.... :rolleyes:

I once dropped my Pocket Gameboy off the roof of the house, and it landed on the side of the trampoline, and cracked open the back of it, and the screen..... it still worked though. Pretty tuogh them things.... [/color]