OtakuBoards

2 Gamecubes?!

Fall

[color=green]Ok, ummm..... would someone mind clearing this up for me. How come there's [i]2[/i] different kinds of Gamecubes?

[IMG]http://www.nintendo.com/systems/gcn/images/gcn_over_hand.jpg[/IMG]
There's this one^

[IMG]http://www.nintendo.com/downloads/wallpaper/wallpaper1_thumb.gif[/IMG]
And this one!^ (sorry, not very clear) Go here to get a bigger pic of it: [url]http://www.nintendo.com/downloads/wallpaper/wallpaper1_800.jpg[/url]

Are they different versions for different countries or something?[/color]

[color=indigo]There's two different colors of GCNs. The blue-ish purple one is Indigo, and the black one is Jet. That, and there's going to be a third color, Spice (orange), coming out soon. There's no difference, except for the color.

I got the Jet GCN, because I didn't want it to match my Indigo GBA. That, and I just like black and/or grey systems. :)[/color]

[color=indigo]Yeah, but Panasonic isn't planning on releasing it anywhere except Japan... And only in limited quantities, there...

You think it looks... sexy? Have you talked to a therapist about this? :laugh:
I think it looks okay, but I like the look of the normal GCN better. That, and it doesn't have a handle... Well, okay, so it does [i]kind of[/i] have those two on the top... But they don't really look like they'd be very useful for carrying it.

[img]http://zeldatoons.captainn.net/gamecube/gc-s.jpg[/img][/color]

I wonder when they're going to release the other colors besides indigo and black...

I think the japanese one has a handle while the U.S. version doesn't because it isn't that heavy...

The Panasonic Q looks really cool but since I don't really plan on using it for DVD's I'll stick to the original GCN when I buy it...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]I think the japanese one has a handle while the U.S. version doesn't because it isn't that heavy...[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]The US GCN has a handle, I was saying that the Q doesn't have one.[/color]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail[/i]
[b][color=green]I have the black one too, it's just that the Indigo one looks alot.... squarer than the black one.[/b][/color][/quote]

[color=indigo]Squarer? I'm not sure what you mean, LOL... I've seen them both up close, and they looked the same to me... weird...[/color]

The Q almost has a handle. Behind the digital readout thing there is two plastic parts (they are on each side of the read out). You could use them for a handle, but they might break. I try not to lift mine by them to much because it feels a bit heavy for the plastic parts. And I think they will break.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B][color=green]I have the black one too, it's just that the Indigo one looks alot.... squarer than the black one. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]o.O

I see absoultey no difference between the 2....

maybe if you saw the same picture, with both colors you'd realize that they're the excat same..... [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=indigo]o.O

I see absoultey no dofference between the 2....

maybe if you saw the same picture, with both colors you'd realize that they're the excat same..... [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE][color=green]No, it's just that in them pictures, the black one looks like it's a different shape than the indigo one.[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B][color=green]I have the black one too, it's just that the Indigo one looks alot.... squarer than the black one. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]I can see why you may think that by just looking and comparing the two pictures, but no, the black one simply looks that way because it is in the middle of a red flower with a black bud, and the circumfrance of the bud exceeds the length and width of the GameCube. However, since you have a black one yourself, you could have merely compared that to the picture of the Indigo GameCube. Then you would have seen no difference at all. As for the release of colors, the agree that the next one up may be Spice, but more are soon to come. I say this because of the posters stores had put up in the electronic section, which I hope Kuja can back me up on. It had multiple GameCubes in different colors, which leads me to believe that it will eventually turn out the same way as Nintendo 64 did, colorwise. I very much enjoy the color of the "Q," mainly because it is more like a mirror than an actual color, which serves as a great alternative.[/COLOR]

:blah:

I don't know what strings my friend had to pull, but he has a gold colored game cube. No lie. He told me and I didn't believe him, but I went to his house, and right there in plane day was a gold game cube.

All I was thinking of when I was leaving his house was, if I put it in my pocket, would he notice it being gone...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=teal]I can see why you may think that by just looking and comparing the two pictures, but no, the black one simply looks that way because it is in the middle of a red flower with a black bud, and the circumfrance of the bud exceeds the length and width of the GameCube. However, since you have a black one yourself, you could have merely compared that to the picture of the Indigo GameCube. Then you would have seen no difference at all. [/COLOR]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]Yeah, I would've thought that myself too, but the indigo one still looks different from mine. My black one looks slightly rectangular, and inigo one looks square.

.....eh, it's probably just the pictures.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, technically speaking, the GCN isn't an actual cube... So you're right when you say it looks rectangular. It's just that in the picture of the Indigo one, it's at an angle that makes it look more like a cube.
Also, that picture of the Indigo one is really old, like, when it was first being displayed to the public in the Indigo and Jet colors. So, the dimensions [i]could[/i] have changed ever so slightly, and we never knew about it...[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bignate dawg [/i]
[B]I don't know what strings my friend had to pull, but he has a gold colored game cube. No lie. He told me and I didn't believe him, but I went to his house, and right there in plane day was a gold game cube.

All I was thinking of when I was leaving his house was, if I put it in my pocket, would he notice it being gone... [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Oh, that's right, I forgot all about that, thank you for reminding me. As you see, his friend got a GOLD GCN. Yet, you seem to be saying that only Indigo and Black have been released, and Spice is being planned. What do you make of this?[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]A. he could have won it from something. B. painted. C. someone got a GCN and stole the covers off it and replaced it with another shell instead of the purple/indigo.
same thing happens with the GBA the pawn shops and used stores have all sorts of F'ed up colors but nintendo doesnt honor the waranty less it is one of their original colors[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I really doubt it's gold plated, LOL. That would get very expensive, very quickly, if they made many of them. It would be kind of cool, though...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]Heh, well it would aslo be pretty heavy, especially if you're more of a mobile gamer, who likes to bring their systems to their friend's houses....[/color]

[color=red][b]he prolly spraypainted it gold. i did that to my n64.....then i couldn't put the expansion pack in because the hatch was painted shut. :([/b][/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]he prolly spraypainted it gold. i did that to my n64.....then i couldn't put the expansion pack in because the hatch was painted shut. :([/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]No, it wasn't that. He got it for his birthday from his grandparents, and the box had a picture of a gold GCN on the cover. I don't know where his grandparents got it, but I'm going to have to guess that they won it somehow. Anyway, it would not be a smart idea to paint your systems. There is a good chance that it will go [b]into[/b] your system's hardware, which would either destroy it right away, or void the warrenty. And yes, it could also hurt your system on the outside, like how you may not be able to insert an expansion pack.

I am very curious as to how that kid got a gold GCN. If it does exist, then why havn't we been discussing it when mentioning different colors? If it doesn't, then how could he be able to get one? I understand that they showed it at E3, but I wasn't informed that it would go on the market so soon.[/COLOR]