OtakuBoards

Another look at Saturday Night's Adult Swim...

JCBaggee

[color=red][size=3]So...after a whopping 5 weeks, I've decided to take another look at the "new" Saturday night "Adult Swim" lineup....here we go...

YU YU HAKUSHO
This one really surprised me. After seeing and hearing the opening credits, I really expected this one to be gay. I was wrong. It's a great series and gets better every week. I'm also eager to see what happnes now that Usuke's back and is the Spirit Detective of the Earth realm (not to mention the fact that Botan's kinda cute...uh, for a dead animated girl that is.)

COWBOY BEBOP
I've already covered this one in a previous thread. Still great, and I'm glad to get to see it from the beginning.

PILOT CANDIDATE
Also intriguing, it's a lot of fun to see a bunch of kids going through war training. The only downside is that they always leave you hanging: the eps get you hyped up about an event, then let you down with the end credits and the previews of the next ep.

GUNDAM 0083
I haven't been real impressed by a Gundam series other than Gundam Wing, mainly 'cuz I don't have time to watch a full ep and usually don't know what's going on, but this one surprised me too. And now that war's been declared, who knows what's gonna happen (okay...I know someone here does, just don't ruin it for me!).

OUTLAW STAR and TENCHI MUYO!
...I don't even waste my time on them. DOWN WITH EDITING!

Well...there's my two cents. Thanks for taking time to read my thoughts and a few complaints.

--JCBaggee[/color][/size]

[size=1]Thank you for making this thread, I have been dying to talk to someone about the Adult Swim animes, and I am too lazy to make my own topic (he he he.)

Yu Yu Hakusho: I really thought this show was going to be stupid, but ever since the third episode I have been hooked. From the outside this show seems to be a bunch of poorly designed characters with bad animation.. but there is more to it than that. Each character is completely unique and they show that there is more to people than just outward appearances. Kurubara (sp?) is a sweet and caring individual and Keiko is one tough chick. I even like Photon, though she can be a bit ditzy some of the time. All in all I think this has to be one of my favorite animes right now, I can't wait to see what happens next week.

Cowboy Bebop: I think I have posted about Bebop in another thread... I really don't feel like repeating myself.

Pilot Candidate: This show is also a pleasant suprise. I thought it was going to be a stupid action-driven mecha show like Zoids but this show is also full if great characters who add alot to the series. My only complaint so far has to be with the main character "Zero." He comes across to be alot like Ash from Pokemon or Tai from Digimon (Zero and Tai actually have the same voice actor, neat.) He is really obnoxious, but I think he will stop bothering me after a few more episodes. I have alot of questions about the show as well, so I am hoping to learn more about their universe from future episodes.

Gundam 0083: I can't deal with this show, it makes me fall asleep.[/size]

[font=comic sans ms]I'll make just one comment on a series, and that's [i]Yu Yu Hakusho[/i], since I've seen the whole series. If you thought you've seen it all, you haven't seen the best there is there yet. It has about 106 episodes, so there's so much to look forward to. If you liked [i]Dragonball[/i], you will love YYH. They're the same genre, though YYH is so much better, and that's no exaggeration.[/font]

Hey evryone my cable got cut off a few months ago so i aint able to see cn "my only source for anime". but i heard u guys talkin about a show called yu yu hakusho. its times like these when i wished i had my sweet cable back:(. what is this show about and how is like it dragonball i wanna know all the details. when my cable got cut off i was watchin coboy bebop where is that at now????? and this new gundam is it like 08th ms team or is it better?? cuz i really liked that show. can u answer my questions???

D*** MY PARENTS TAKIN MY ONLY SOURCE OF ANIME:mad:
im supposed to get turned back on tommorow but i can only pray. pray with me people:D

[size=1][color=blue]Don't cuss silly, it makes people want to ban you. - Shyguy[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red][size=3]For the record, it's [i]Kuwabara[/i].[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Oh brother, I didn't yell at you for spelling the word "happens" wrong.[/size]:rolleyes:

[B][color=red][size=3]I didn't yell...if I was yelling I would have put it in bold face. Ya know [b]LIKE THIS![/B] Anyway, I didn't even realize I mispelled happens. Sorry...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Nah, it is okay... I can be a little defensive sometimes. Now lets get back on topic please...[/size]

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B][font=comic sans ms]I'll make just one comment on a series, and that's [i]Yu Yu Hakusho[/i], since I've seen the whole series. If you thought you've seen it all, you haven't seen the best there is there yet. It has about 106 episodes, so there's so much to look forward to. If you liked [i]Dragonball[/i], you will love YYH. They're the same genre, though YYH is so much better, and that's no exaggeration.[/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=crimson]Okay one thing no anime in my mind has surpassed Dragonball Z/Gt, in just all around quality!! And second of all DB /Z/Gt is the longest running aime there is I think!! [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman Nation [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=crimson]Okay one thing no anime in my mind has surpassed Dragonball Z/Gt, in just all around quality!![/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=comic sans ms]*cough*Neon Genesis Evangelion *cough* 'Nuff said (and that's just one example).[/font]

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]How is yu yu hakusho in the same genre as dragonball?? some one please tell me!!!!!:mad: [/B][/QUOTE]
well... I've heard it been called DragonBall Z with a darker feel.... anyways, I love the Saturday Adult Swim. I've watched all the Anime Adult swims since it started and even though I've seen all the tenchi's and ols, its cool to see their real beginnings and I constantly have the opening theme to ols stuck in my head.

[font=comic sans ms]Just watch the show further--it's just 5 episodes out of 106 episodes, so you won't see much yet until later. I would say that it gets more interesting as you go on. Funny, though, thatthey should just show it once a week--it is very long, and at the rate it's going, you will see its conclusion next year. We had [i]Yu Yu Hakusho[/i] on here daily, and at 7pm the second time it was aired (it's now on its second replay, or third showing, at 5pm daily).[/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B][font=comic sans ms]Just watch the show further--it's just 5 episodes out of 106 episodes, so you won't see much yet until later. I would say that it gets more interesting as you go on. Funny, though, thatthey should just show it once a week--it is very long, and at the rate it's going, you will see its conclusion next year. We had [i]Yu Yu Hakusho[/i] on here daily, and at 7pm the second time it was aired (it's now on its second replay, or third showing, at 5pm daily).[/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Well where do you live Millardo? I would love to have Yu Yu Hakusho on daily.. but it is too mature to show at 5 on the afternoon.[/size]

[font=comic sans ms]I live in the Philippines, and we've seen a lot of anime already. The average Filipino teen would have seen at least 5 new anime titles on TV [i]each year[/i], on average, which is more than what is shown in the U.S. Of course, the balance is offset by the number of videos released there each year. And hopefully, another great title in the same genre as YYH and DBZ should be shown there: [i]Flame of Recca[/i] is my favorite, and in many ways, IMO, it is better than YYH.[/font]

It's alot better than the old adult swim, that's for sure. I LOVE watching Yu Yu Hakusho! It does get better every week. That must be the first show I've seen where the main character dies in less than the first few minutes of the first episode. The characters are cool too. I want to see the subtitled version of it. I noticed it was edited by FUNimation, (and knowing how bad they edited DBZ, :drunk: ) I want to see if they edited it very bad, or very accurately.

I can't wait to see next weeks episode. :D

[color=red][size=3]Try the first 30 sec...

Oh, Shyguy...I hate to pick on you again, but I believe it's Botan, not Photon. I think you spelled Kayko wrong too, but I'm not sure.
Hey, it's not that I don't like you...it's just that I'm looking at being an English teacher, so I'm a stickler for spelling...even though I suck at it sometimes![/color][/size]

[B][color=red][size=3]Try the first 30 sec...

Oh, Shyguy...I hate to pick on you again, but I believe it's Botan, not Photon. I think you spelled Kayko wrong too, but I'm not sure.
Hey, it's not that I don't like you...it's just that I'm looking at being an English teacher, so I'm a stickler for spelling...even though I suck at it sometimes![/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]He he, I need to check the spelling of anime characters I suppose, following the regular rules of English when you are spelling japanese names doesn't work very well.

Let's not turn every topic into a debate about spelling Mr. Baggee but I do appreciate the tips.[/size]