phoenixflames Posted March 26, 2002 Posted March 26, 2002 I was wondering, who here plays an instrument. True to my lazyness, no poll. FYI- I play the french horn.
Guest Shift Posted March 26, 2002 Posted March 26, 2002 [COLOR=crimson][SIZE=1]I used to play the SnareDrum in Band class at School, but then I switched to Choir class for an easy A.[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
PiroMunkie Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [SIZE=1][color=indigo]I play the guitar. Well kind of. Haha, I'm not very good or anything.. but it only has four strings right now so shush! :p[/SIZE][/color]
Sara Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]I play alto clarinet. My little quartet got a 1 on our WSMA solo ensemble piece, it was pretty cool.[/FONT]
DeathKnight Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [color=crimson]I play the Piano and Electric Keyboard...[/color]
Heaven's Cloud Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [color=indigo] I can play just about anything ('cept woodwinds) but I tryand keep my focus on the trumpet and the guitar.[/color]
Kuja Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i play the piano. thou i hate that around x-mas :( my 2 year old cousin thinks she is better than me ;) i play from 2nd to 4th grade w/ an instructor but play on my own now *glares* only at holidays and my cousin IS better just pounding on the keys haha[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
phoenixflames Posted March 27, 2002 Author Posted March 27, 2002 Wow, alto clarinet. Not exactly a common one, now is it?
liamc2 Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 I don't play an instrument, male choir and choir for me. I wouldn't mind getting piano lessons though, just to play some of those awes classical pieces ;)
mystfalcon25 Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 I, too, used to play an instrument and gave it up for choir. I used to be 1st chair viola, i was really good. Then i gave it up. I prefer choir over instruments though, it's a heckuva lot easier to sing than to play instruments.
Flash Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mystfalcon25 [/i] [B] I prefer choir over instruments though, it's a heckuva lot easier to sing than to play instruments. [/B][/QUOTE] Heh heh, I hear ya on that one. I seem to find myself singing whenever I get a chance... Sometimes out loud, sometimes quietly to myself in a sort of mutter, and sometimes just in my head... Singing is fun... And I guess I have a good voice.. :p
Kristoff119 Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 I play the flute. Coincidentally, I was in a concert last night for my school.
Undying Angel Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 I'm currently playing clarinet... also playing guitar. Lost my recorder though. I don't really sing though... My voice scares myself. :twitch:
Frankie5 Angels Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 like heaven's cloud,I too play the trumpet and guitar.They say that many people that start out on trumpet go on to guitar. (and no I don't know who "they" are)
Vegitto4 Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 Well, i play guitar, i have lessons tomorrow infact. Other Side by the RHCP can be annoying to play. He switches everything up a coupe times, the intro gets easy though. I could sing, if i thought i was good, but in reality, I can only [b] try[/b] to sound like a rock star. I really can't sing.
Sara Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by phoenixflames [/i] [B]Wow, alto clarinet. Not exactly a common one, now is it? [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=century gothic]No, but I love it.[/FONT]
Kristoff119 Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 To phoenixflames: That would not be Irony. Irony can be a coincidence but coincidences are not ironic. To undying angel: What does your signature mean?
Ryan Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B] [FONT=century gothic]No, but I love it.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=crimson] My mom played the alto clarinet when she was in band. I think the clarinet it cool. I play the trombone, which is like the most boring instrument. But harder then valves or holes. Slides you have to guess and learn where each position is. But you get the hand of it when you play it for a while.[/size][/color]
Armadillomon Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 I play the trumpet and the baritone, as well as percussion Anyone else think that marching band should be considered a sport?
Ryan Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Armadillomon [/i] [B] Anyone else think that marching band should be considered a sport? [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=crimson] A sport?? Well just to give you my opinion on the subject, I think it would fail. Just because in my eyes people don't want to watch bands they want to watch more competitive sports, and the people need their sports with action. Otherwise the sport would fail and no one would watch it. That is my opinion. So I don't think it should be considered or called to made a sport.[/size][/color]
Armadillomon Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i] [B] [size=1][color=crimson] A sport?? Well just to give you my opinion on the subject, I think it would fail. Just because in my eyes people don't want to watch bands they want to watch more competitive sports, and the people need their sports with action. Otherwise the sport would fail and no one would watch it. That is my opinion. So I don't think it should be considered or called to made a sport.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=orange]Okay, what I meant was that marching band should be considered a school sport. After all, band members have to give up hours and hours of time to practice, as well as go to many contests during a season. How is that different from something like, say, basketball, baseball, football, swimming, soccer, softball, golf,... the list goes on and on! [/COLOR]
Ryan Posted March 27, 2002 Posted March 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Armadillomon [/i] [B] [COLOR=orange]Okay, what I meant was that marching band should be considered a school sport. After all, band members have to give up hours and hours of time to practice, as well as go to many contests during a season. How is that different from something like, say, basketball, baseball, football, swimming, soccer, softball, golf,... the list goes on and on! [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=crimson] OOPS! I misunderstood the question. In that case yeah I think it should be considered a sport.[/size][/color]
Mina Posted March 28, 2002 Posted March 28, 2002 i used to play the violin, but I thought the flute was more nicer. Boy, was i wrong! and out of breath.(no offense to all the flute players)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now