OtakuBoards

irritating Ayeka

Tifa

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CrestOfEmpathy [/i]
[B]I like Ayeka because I can sympathise with her. After all, whenever Ryoko isn't picking on her - and she does, Ayeka almost never starts their arguments - she's usually nice, polite, reserved and a little shy. Just like Tenchi, as a matter of fact! I also feel sorry for her. She's stranded on a backwater planet with no clear way of getting home, the man she was supposed to marry is now too old, and the man she now wants to marry is constantly being sexually harassed by her worst enemy. Consider this, everyone who thinks Ayeka is horrible to Ryoko - Ryoko attacked Jurai and killed lots of people, and almost killed Sasami, Ayeka's little sister. Then, because of Ryoko, Yosho left and never returned, and Ayeka spent 700 years chasing after him. Then, she falls in love with a guy, the first guy to ever see her as a person and not 'the First Princess of Jurai', and Ryoko can't take her hands off him! You can understand her disliking Ryoko, baring in mind that to begin with, she didn't know that Ryoko was under Kagato's control. She thought that Ryoko attacked Jurai by her own free will.

I mainly sympathise with her over Tenchi. At the beginning of Tenchi Muyo, there were sparks between her and Tenchi, and it looked like he was starting to like-like her. But then Ryoko kept goading her and making fun of her, and Ayeka is too proud a person to let any insult slide. So she loses her temper and starts screeching like a banshee (yes, I admit her voice is annoying), and blowing things up. Which turns Tenchi off her like no-one's business. Ryoko never fails to bring out the worst of her personality.

Thing is, there are so many rules on Jurai about courtship and proper conduct for a Princess, and Ayeka is very shy naturally, so even if Ryoko wasn't around, she'd still have a hard time telling Tenchi how she felt. Ryoko just makes it worse. I do like Ryoko, but the way she picks on Ayeka, while funny, is sometimes pretty mean. And as to the time Ryoko tells her all about watching Tenchi grow up and Ayeka just laughs - she was drunk. Extremely drunk. Bright-red-in-the-face drunk. Not a total excuse, as it was nevertheless a cruel thing to do, but were she sober, she would have held her tongue. She isn't heartless, even when it comes to Ryoko. I doubt she would have sympathised with Ryoko, but she would have known better than to taunt her. [/B][/QUOTE]

I see your point.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm with Juuthena on this.Ayek may be a little um lets say......SPOILED but without her there wouldn't be a show....unless Ryoko would fight Mihoshi over Tenchi but uh that wouldn't be as funny.Ayeka does start some of the fights tho...but so does ryoko.

**runs before the massive crowd of Ryoko fans beat him into submission**