OtakuBoards

Nintendo Age

Legand

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]the company is from the 1800's the name nintendo is from the 60's or 70's jcgoudy will know more[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes, I do know more! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nintendo started out in 1889, but with a different name, and they didn't make games. They made playing cards.

In 1951, the name was changed to Nintendo Playing Card Co. Ltd.

Then, in 1963, the name was changed to Nintendo Co. Ltd. and they started making games in addition to playing cards.

In 1980, Nintendo of America Inc. was founded, and they started selling the Game & Watch series of handheld games.

In 1981, the arcade game Donkey Kong was released, which was Nintendo's first big hit.

Then in 1983, Nintendo developed the Family Computer (FamiCom for short) in Japan.

In 1985, Nintendo released the FamiCom in America, under the name Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, for short).

Here's the complete history of Nintendo from 1889 to 2001. I got it off of [url]www.nintendo.com[/url] in the corporate section. [URL=http://www.nintendo.com/corp/history.html]This page[/URL], to be exact.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Yes, I do know more! :)

Nintendo started out in 1889, but with a different name, and they didn't make games. They made playing cards.

In 1951, the name was changed to Nintendo Playing Card Co. Ltd.

Then, in 1963, the name was changed to Nintendo Co. Ltd. and they started making games in addition to playing cards.

In 1980, Nintendo of America Inc. was founded, and they started selling the Game & Watch series of handheld games.

In 1981, the arcade game Donkey Kong was released, which was Nintendo's first big hit.

Then in 1983, Nintendo developed the Family Computer (FamiCom for short) in Japan.

In 1985, Nintendo released the FamiCom in America, under the name Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, for short).

Here's the complete history of Nintendo from 1889 to 2001. I got it off of [url]www.nintendo.com[/url] in the corporate section. [URL=http://www.nintendo.com/corp/history.html]This page[/URL], to be exact.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly! And the cards were called Flower cards.:)