OtakuBoards

First RMT on the new boards

vaporjolt

[b]Edit: Oh yeah, when I say, "First RMT on the new boards", I mean my first RMT. Not the first one ever. Just a little FYI, so don't flame me.[/b] :)

New team I'm working on in my Gold version. They're still in training, so rate/give suggestions now before the movesets are set in stone.

[color=red]Ninetales @ Miracle Berry[/color]
-Flamethrower
-Safeguard
-Roar
-Confuse Ray

My precious Ninetales...my only pseudohazer and SG'r. Opener.

[color=blue]Lanturn @ Leftovers[/color]
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Thunderwave
-Confuse Ray

Lanturn's the best parafuser in the game, IMO. Surf covers its own Ground weakness and gets STAB.

[color=orange]Hypno @ Mint Berry[/color]
-Psychic
-Light Screen
-Rest
-Counter

The idea is to set up LS so the opponent has no choice but to use physical moves *Hypno has very high Special Defense as it is* Counter will send their own moves right back at them for 2x the damage. (Minty) Rest for instant HP & status recovery so I can repeat it at least once. Psychic gets STAB, and is the only SA-based move that Hypno can handle, IMO.

[color=sienna]Golem @ Leftovers[/color]
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Substitute

The old R/B/Y standard. The truth is, Golem sucks in G/S for some reason, but I like him so much I can't shake him off.

[color=green]Bellossom @ Leftovers[/color]
-Solar Beam
-Sunny Day
-Stun Spore
-Moonlight

Sunny Day + Solar Beam combo = awesomeness. Sunny Day, then Stun Spore to see if they switch to a Fire type, in which case I'll just switch to Golem or Lanturn. Sunny Day also makes Moonlight *ironically* heal 100% health.

[color=teal]??? @ ???[/color]
Okay, I'm taking suggestions right now. My 6th slot is open and I'll consider pretty much anyone. I'll probably just end up putting Machamp here. Suggestions?

Ninetales @ Miracle Berry
-Flamethrower
-Safeguard
-Roar
-Confuse Ray

Nice. With Forretress, Scizor and all those starters, Ninetales makes sense. 5/5

Lanturn @ Leftovers
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Thunderwave
-Confuse Ray

At first I tought, "Duh!!! Rain Dance-Surf-Thunder!!!" but this works well. Makes sense with the Bellosom down there. 4.5/5

Hypno @ Mint Berry
-Psychic
-Light Screen
-Rest
-Counter

Good idea, but there are better pokémon for the job. Blissey is a good example. With a wopping great HP, our happy chappy is untouchable. Also, what happens if a Tyranitar or Houndoom turns up? 2/5

Golem @ Leftovers
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Substitute

Here's the standard...
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Curse

I'd stick to that. If you can't get rid of a Skarmory, Steelix, Snorlax or any other tanks, power up Curse and Explode. I doubt that they will survive. In fact, it's fairly impossible... 4/5

Bellossom @ Leftovers
-Solar Beam
-Sunny Day
-Stun Spore
-Moonlight

Sweeet, with a capital SWEEE. Pretty darned good then. 5/5

1. Aerodactyl @ Miracle Berry/Leftovers
-Earthquake
-AncientPower
-Wing Attack
-??????? Maybe Flamethrower, Return or even DragonBreath.

Sweeper. 3.5/5
Not bad, I prefer.....

2. Aerodactyl @ Miracle Berry/Leftovers
-Double Team
-Double-Edge
-Swagger
-??????? Again, Flamethrower, or Sandstorm, Toxic.

I love this annoyer, which I use as an opener. I once battled a guy who use 4 Mewtwos, a Lugia and a Mew. Aerodactyl beat all but 1 Mewtwo. You know it's good. 6/5 ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pokemaster1 [/i]
[B]great team i don't like the hypno [/B][/QUOTE]
good point,that hypno MIGHT be able to win if played right,but, my hypno-dude will kick it's azz if we battled hehe. mine:
HYPNO
:: double kick
:: psychic
:: amnesia
:: recover
this is my rby hypno lemme esplain
double kick: a good fighting move for those pesky normal types that psychic dont affect.
amnesia/recover/psychic combo: use amnesia 3x to raise hypno's special to its max then use recover to recover lost hp during battle then use psychic and kick azz. (this combo also works better with mewtwo and [COLOR=seagreen]amnesia psyduck[/COLOR] (gotten from pkmn stadium 1 by filling hall of fame with all 151 pkmn.)

u could use my fav:
houndoom:flamethrower,sloar beam,sunny day,crunch
@miracle seed
or

umbreon:meanlook or normal attack move(headbutt),confuseray(i know u like confusion),moonlight,sand attack or mud slap(if possible)or may be psychic@kings rock or leftovers

let me exlpain: houndoom. y?, becuz great speed,and special, sunny day will make it hotter for flamethrower,solarbeam will take care of water and ground and rock and that **** ground water types i ate those along w/ taking care of lanturn if u encounter one.
now umbreon, he has great defense and attack along w/ special, so he will work w/ any type, confusion will kill them along w/ mean look to let them stick around and sand attack or mud slap just in case confusion wont work, and moonlight just in case something goes wrong, its up to u??

good luck!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vaporjolt [/i]
[B]Amnesia & Double Kick on Hypno is illegal...I don't use illegal sets. :angel: [/B][/QUOTE]
it is not lol its perfectly legal on ps 1 and r/b/y.:) just on g/s/c,amnesia sux and messes up the special raising combo