OtakuBoards

New fan of DB and DBZ have some questions

kyono

I am a relatively new fan of Dragonball and Dragonball z, (last couple of months). I watch it on the Cartoon Network but they keep showing the same episodes!! On DB it is from when Bulma meets Goku until the epsode when Krillen,Goku and Bulma find the pirate treasure and then they start over again! And on DBZ it starts with Goku on snake way thru the world martial arts tournament when Vegeta blows himself up trying to kill Majin Buu!! This is making me crazy, does anyone know if and when they will show the other episodes or if they are shown on another channel? Any info is appreciated! (Sorry if these are old questions, but I am new here)
Kyono

There really isn't a good DB/Z/GT anymore. In all the places where all episodes have aired before, the DB world is old news. And here in America, it takes the FOREVER. The only thing we ever get earlier than somebody else is some video games, a little earlier than the UK and Australia

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MaggotDude [/i]
[B]Yeah, at FYE (thats the cheapest place for DB and DBZ videos around here), they have the first time Trunks and Goten attempted the fusion dance, and when Goku turned SSJ3.I forget what the videos are called, though. :D [/B][/QUOTE]
There called Defiance(Goku goes Ssj3 in this one), and A Hero's Farewell(Goten & Trunks practice the Fusion, while Gohan trains with the Z sword).:D

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud_Strife [/i]
[B]There really isn't a good DB/Z/GT anymore. In all the places where all episodes have aired before, the DB world is old news. And here in America, it takes the FOREVER. The only thing we ever get earlier than somebody else is some video games, a little earlier than the UK and Australia [/B][/QUOTE]
I don't buy the videos or DVD's ince I'd only watch them once. But Cartoon Network sure is taking ther time with Funimation to get those new episodes. They're slower than Christmas. And Cloud is right, DB/Z/GT really isn't good anymore. To me, it got real old, real fast after they've showed the Buu saga about 500 times now. It just got boring. September was just an approxamite date, and they said that Fall 2002 was when they'd get them on CN, but I think they meant Fall 2003 as long as they're taking!!! I heard that these problems are happening mainly because of the guy, Chris Sabat is like mad at Funi or something. I'm pretty sure it's a load of BS, but who knows. It could be a number of reasons, like translation, or overseas communcation with Japan, I heard that one causes a lot of problems because of copyrights or something. Because they're taking so long with these new episodes, I have totally lost my interst for anything DB/Z/GT. If they FINALLY get the new episodes, I might like it again. Sorry that was so long folks, I didn't know I could type that fast (or that much!):babble: :excited: :lecture: :drool: :blah: :glasses:

I've been watching DBZ on cartoon network since radditz came down, and this is not unusualy. After every saga, or a lot of the saga, they would repeat it for those who missed it, and to keep refreshing your memory for when they enter the next saga. Another big thing that now influences when they will show the next episodes is how fast FUNImation dubs them. If you havn't noticed, they made sure that if an episode was to air on toonami, it would have to already be released in vhs or dvd format to the public. That is why they are cuting the buu saga in half. This is their plan, and they will show the rest of the buu saga on toonami this fall. That means, by the time the buu saga is over on the tv, then it will be all out on video. You shouldn't complain to toonami. If there is one to blame, it is funi, but, alas, we have flammed them enough on these boards already.

There is no other channel that plays the episodes, so my advice is to grit your teeth and continue with toonami. Unless of course if u hav the international channel on ur cable, but i'm not sure if you do, what channel its on, and if it still plays dbz.

If it bothers you that much to see the episodes, then by the dubbed on vhs or dvd as they come out, download the subs, or buy the subs from your nearest import store. As many will tell u, there r no new dbz episodes, just stupid dubs coming out.

I have faith in Toonami, FUNI, and all of dragonball to continue to be good. That is probably bull, about chris sabat, who, if you kno, voice actors for Vegeta, Piccolo, and yamcha. It would be a pretty big deal if he was angry though.

EDIT: I don't want to look lik i'm questioning your judgement on this, but it looks lik ppl r posting the same answers, and u may want to close it. But don't take my word for it, i don't want it to look lik i'm pressuring u into doing sumtin.