Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Im not a real pro at poetry. I don't really like it a whole lot, but I wanted to share this with you guys.....

Grandpa


Austin Warner Sr. was your name.
You are as original as they come,
always laughing and having fun.
You are the reason I am who I am.

You nicknamed me Woody
on the day I was born.
Even though Grandma thought
that I might end up being called Stump.

You always took the time
to play with all your grandkids.
Stories, games, and candy,
was always on your list.

You are a hero of the family,
along with the rest of the world.
You risked your life for freedom
and we will always love and respect you for that.

I know you saw some horrible things,
in the war to end all wars.
Yet you always hid your feelings,
under that jolly old man facade.

73 years you lived on this Earth,
which wasn?t nearly enough.
Your memory lives on inside of me,
as well as in the pictures I keep.

-Foredaddy:devil:
Posted
[size=1] i love it! great job ^-^ usually i only take a liking and understanding to the ones that rhyme but that one caught my eye, keep it up![/size]
Guest Shift
Posted
Nice Poem Foredaddy...haven't seen you in a while!!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]Perfect, just perfect. That poem is one of the best I have ever read. I love it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know about perfection...... well maybe:devil:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...