OtakuBoards

Adult Swim....

Zaku II

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pretty Sammy [/i]
[B][color=#47C1F8]What is Adult Swim? An anime or something?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Adult Swim is CN's answer for us older otaku's(Note: Otaku means a house or somethin in japanese) anyways, it's supposed to be unedited anime ment for older ppl, not lil kids, but, u can bet that some lil kid is gonna stay up to midnight jus to watch it... I hate kids, well, anyways, the only reason why I would watch it is so I can hear the dubbed voices, and then make fun of the ppl who were supposed to get the voices and mouths to match... Well, I agree with Shinji, down with Adult Swim! Besides, I have all the anime I need at my finger tips, and it's subbed!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dark [/i]
[B]Adult Swim? Strange name for an anime... [/B][/QUOTE]

Adult swim is not a anime, thought u would get the point, but, it's not a anime, it's like toonami, but it's ment for ppl 16 and up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]
(Note: Otaku means a house or somethin in japanese) [/B][/QUOTE]

Otaku written in Hiragana means "your house"....

Otaku written in Katakana means "geek, nerd, enthusiast".... you would this one when refering to anime Otaku.... the other word has no meaning to anime.....

You have to realize that a word may mean something, but doesn't mean it's used alot.... Otaku may means your house... but there are other words that mean "your house" or house of you... or whatever....

Anyway, Adult Swim is the dumbest name for... well.. anything...

noooo, adult swim is not like toonami. its basically a block for the older (teenagers) audience. theres only one anime on it, cowboy bebop, so it cant be compared to toonami. theyre gonna chop up poor cowboy BB, my favorite anime. good thing ive already got the first 12 eps on streamload :p

Guest Voodookanaka
Thats pretty cool, I feel kinda dumb now coz I never even heard of cowboy BB, Space ghost is hella funny, that home movies sucks, and thats a kids proggy so whys that there.

adult swim actually only has one anime show on it.. Cowboy Bebop... an dthe rest is CN crap.. adn you bet that they are gonna edit it until they butcher the storyline and the script til it makes no sense just all those stupid *** toonami shows...

But the reason why they edit anime is becuase they don't know any better they aim anime at the wrong age group and they think that just because it's animated it's for kids... so they aim it at the 7-12 age group which the stupidest thing that anyone coudl do...

and it also has to do with the BIG cultural differences.. i mean americans are scared of everythiing... they are scared of violence and nudity BIG TIME... and the japanese aren't.. thats why these stupid american people have such strict censorship laws.. and i persononally think that editing anime and music and basically anything is absolute BS...

And CN can edit anime all they want.. dust doesn't mean i have to watch it... I don't plan on it...

and just so you know i am an american and i hate it.. I hate how we censor every little thing... from anime to the internet... and all the parents say thats its for the good of the children.. what the hell for?? it's just making children have this false sense of reality and thinking that the world is perfect

jeez i think that i got a little carried away...

see i told you i was opinionated... i have my opinions and i'm gonna share them.. whether you like it or not!!!

It is actually like toonami, only with one anime on it, u can bet that if it's successful, they will add more and more onto it. And I'm american too, but I get subs, and I've seen practically the whole CBB series... I'm jus gonna watch it so I can make fun of the dub:laugh:

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Dumbass. The Cowboy Bebop dub is arguably the best anime dub ever; and yes, I know that doesn't mean much coming from such a big Bebop fan like me, but I'd say everyone agrees. You fools aren't ready for bebop. My favorite anime has become Toonami fare...*sigh*...At least there's still Trigun and Excel Saga.

Peace,
Shinji (^_^)/[/COLOR][/SIZE]