OtakuBoards

Should USA really do "van Damme Week"??

JCBaggee

[color=red][size=3]I mean, honestly, c'mon...

"This week on USA...3 movies...ONE PLOT! It's [b]another[/b] week of Jean Claude van Damme!"
"First, he's going to kickbox to avenge his trainer in [i]Bloodsport[/i]...then, he's going to do the same thing in [i]The Quest![/i]...followed by the same thing AGAIN in [i]Kickboxer[/i]!"

I mean, great guy, some good movies, but you have to admit that a lot of them have the same general plot...[/color][/size]

[color=red][b]God, Van Damme. I hate him. his movies are [i]all[/i] the same. If you see one, you've seen them all.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]hes okay but not that good. Why cant they have Bruce Willis week. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Bruce Willis' movies are again all the same. He's in moves where he should die but doesn't, then they throw in some groaning.[/b][/color]

Van Dammeit! That guy is not my idea of what an actor is... he's more like... wrestlers... entertainers... he is only good at one thing, and that's kicking somebodys arse.... which is all he does in movies... so... yeah... if he appeals to people... so be it... but thats his genre of movies... and he has a hell of alot of money too...

[color=seagreen] yeah i agree with whoever said some of his movies are good!

that's like a lot o' actors though! naught to do about that i suppose! :rolleyes:

you shouldn't let it bother you so!
just dinna watch it! :blush: [/color]

:wave:

aahhh, Van Damme, the Dutch guy who lives somewhere in America? Isn't it? I wonder if he ever will come back to here, in Belgium. And I wonder that he can still speak Dutch. Bah, i don't really like him tough.

[COLOR=orange] I see that many people here don't like Jean Cluade at all. Well I don't blame youand besides the movies the showed sucked. I personally wished they would have at least played Universal Soldiers( I loved Dolph Lungred? in that movie)
But they didn't. But if they ever make another action stars week. They need to play some Arnold S. movies or even go old school to some of th Bruce Lee movies...Now I would love to see some of those....[/COLOR]

[color=red][size=3]Right, some of his stuff is good. Timecop was good. Street Fighter was...well, I can't really describe it. The Quest? I'm still trying to figure out the deal with that rope around his noggin...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Van Dammeit! That guy is not my idea of what an actor is... he's more like... wrestlers... entertainers... he is only good at one thing, and that's kicking somebodys arse.... which is all he does in movies... so... yeah... if he appeals to people... so be it... but thats his genre of movies... and he has a hell of alot of money too... [/B][/QUOTE]
I could not have said it better myself, Transistic!