Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest Saiyaman
Posted
[b][size=1]|Thanks for the link but I ain't jelaous. O.o[/b][/size]
Posted
I wasn't jealous at first.. but now i am....
Michelle Williamson is going to be there... i hate you...
Michelle Williamson is my favirite dub voice actor...
and Crispin Freeman is gonna be there.... I wish i lived in Illinois...

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

But I live in Cali and get to go to Anime Expo in July...
Guest Imsirion
Posted
I'd love to go to one, the closest thing that came up to Seattle (that i know of) was some pokemon thing. I live in a small town thats about a hour and a half drive to Seattle and theres not much anime things around here, cept a few shops probably somewhere.:o
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
:) Well unfortunately I don't have money to go all the way over to that convention, thanks to my recent purchase of various anime titles! However I have gone to various anime conventions in the past and I hope you enjoy this experience if it is your first time at one!:)
Posted
Rick, what can I expect from this? I plan on going there to see the opening ceramony and everything for the 3 days. Any advice?
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
:) Well here is some good advice,

1.)Get to the convention right when it opens!
2.)Stay till the closing!
3.)If possible dress in cosplay (however I never have)!
4.)Don't rush to buy the first anime you see at a booth, look around through multiple booths to compare prices since every retailer will sell for a higher or lower price!
5.)Get some autographs!
6.)Request some rough sketches by anime artist, I have and sometimes they will grant your request, however Akira Toriyama won't!
7.)Have fun and socialize you'd be suprised how many new friends, and connections you can make at a convention!

This is the way I was able to get so much anime, and have the connections that I currently have!:D
Posted
How in the heck can I dress in Cosplay? I have no idea where to start even. And I was thinking about staying all 12 hours down there. Must...watch...must...need....anime...

I'm gonna bring lots of pens and a notebook just in case for autographs...(I hope they allow backpacks).

And you think the anime artists will actully draw me anime style? That would be sweet if they did. And I'll be the most friendly person there...would love to have Rick Hunter kind of connections. :)
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well to dress in cosplay you would need to make an outfit that would look like your favorite anime character, sometimes this can be really expensive or your costume could end up horrible, it all depends on your making skills! As for them drawing you in an anime style way, they probably won't do that, however you can get some raw sketches of certain anime characters! I was lucky enough to get some raw sketches of various Tenchi Characters during my last convention!
Posted
Ah I see...well it looks like I'm gonna have to buy more batteries for my digi cam and more memory cards because I'll be taking tons of pics for everyone to see. I'll post them if anyone wants.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
That should be interesting the next time I find pics, and finally buy my much needed scanner I will post some pics, of previous conventions I have been too! Well hope you enjoy your convention! Is this your first one by any chance?:therock:
Posted
Yup it is...if it wasn't, I wouldn't be asking all sorts of these questions. Hehe, just found the postcard in with the junk mail on accident (dunno how long its been there, ugh!) and was glad its this coming weekend. Ugh, can't wait. Must....cram....anime....
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Glad to hear the convention was fun, did you follow the rules and advice I gave you Chibo?
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
;) Well did you get any rough sketches of anime characters, or were you not as fortunate as I have been in the past with that request!
Posted
I knew a few people that did, but I didn't get any sketches. For my first time going, I didn't go to many workshops as I would have liked. Next year I'll spend less time in the Game room and go to more workshops hopefully. And take more pictures, didn't take any this year...was in awe at everything. :)
Posted
Hey Cibo if you are talking about the chicago con i was there and got Philip Moy, guy who draws powerpuff girls autograph and he did a rouch sketch for me, i had a lot of fun, think next time i shall dress up, also took a lot of pictures too.
Posted
Ya, the chicag con is called ACen. I didn't get any autographs because I didn't feel like standing in those long *** lines. And I dunno if I'll dress up next year or not.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...