Lady Macaiodh Posted May 4, 2002 Posted May 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=royalblue]Even though we get a lot of people "spilling their guts" here...and others always say how bad it is, in some ways, it's a good sign. I mean, people feel that they can open up here without being judged. And when they can't talk to their own family or friends about something, it might help to talk to people in a situation where they're not going to judge you... So in some ways, the whole "subculture" thing isn't so bad. We're all different...we've all had different experiences and because the Internet is pretty anonymous, we can talk more openly here than we could in "real life". So for some it's a benefit.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=darkblue]yeah, i completely agree. i find it easier to talk about problems i'm having or situations i'm in on these boards b/c i don't know any of you in real life... it's kind of like having a bunch of therapists. & even if someone does judge me, it doesn't really bother me b/c no one is saying it straight to my face. plus, we come from all different types of backgrounds, so we can get different advice & perspectives than we normally would if we just talked to the people we usually hang with. i feel like i usually get better feedback here. thanks for everything, guys. [/color] :)
James Posted May 4, 2002 Posted May 4, 2002 [color=royalblue]Yep. I agree. I'm also happy that our community is pretty tolerant...moreso than many others I've seen. That's a great sign. :)[/color]
Ravenstorture Posted May 5, 2002 Author Posted May 5, 2002 Yeah, I love this place. (I think i'm gonna cry...)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now