Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Here's a Classic: Speed Racer


Recommended Posts

Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
I just remembered when I was a little kid I watched Speed Racer, back in like 1996 when Cartoon Network used to play it. I wasn't a fan of Anime back then mainly because I didn't even know what Anime was! My dad told me it was a Japanese cartoon and back then, I didn't care much for anything Japanese as much as I do now. I think that Speed Racer is one of those classic anime cartoons. Things like that are what started anime. I mean, Speed Racer was made back in the 1960's when my dad used to watch it as a kid. It's pretty old. Too bad they don't show it anymore.-_-
Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
Mainly it was about a boy named Speed (Ican't remember, it's been so long!) and he goes in races and tries to win, but goes through all this crap like the government is after him, a crazy villin is trying ot kill him.....
Posted
O.O Speed Racer? That brings back memories. o.o;;; I used to always watch that show when I was young. Around the time of '95-'97.

It was my favourite show for a while, too... back when I didn't even know what anime was. Ke... ^^;
Guest Imsirion
Posted
I used to watch Speed Racer but its hard to remember it. I remember the theme though. I also have a collection of Speed Racer cards I bought in Oregon.


p.s. I think this shopuld be in the General Anime forum
Posted
My friend has the game. I think that cartoon network or something would have a day when they showed all of there old shows. I remember speed racer. He had this car with all these weird gadgets.
Posted
I loved that anime man was RacerX cool I mean he was my favorite character and still is to this day. I have two episodes of the series on tape one is The Trick Race and the other is the episode were Speed finds RacerX is his brother I still pop them in every once in a while.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]I used to watch Speed Racer but its hard to remember it. I remember the theme though. I also have a collection of Speed Racer cards I bought in Oregon.


p.s. I think this shopuld be in the General Anime forum [/B][/QUOTE]

You went to Oregon? That's where I live!
Guest Imsirion
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by phoenixflames [/i]
[B]

You went to Oregon? That's where I live! [/B][/QUOTE]
Really, cool! I live in Washington and my family takes alot of trips to Oregon, the beaches are a lot nicer than Washingtons. I also love all the little port towns with the antique (sp?) shops and everything, its a comic book gold mine. And thats where I got the Speed Racer cards, 4 bucks for like 30 some cards. Muhwhahahaha......
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I used to watch Speed Racer back in the day, and so did my parents. But I like SR and all, but the episode of Dexter's Lab where they did the parody to SR will always be the best parody of anything ever, besides SpaceBalls. But Yeah, I was just thinking that I should mention that...[/color][/size]
Posted
They stopped playing it? ............it's still being shown here. I watched it just last night.

I watched it aswell when I was young, then I forgot all about it for a while. Just recently I've started watching it again...
Posted
There were 2 game one for the SNES one for the PSX the PSX game was a racing game while the SNES was a mixture of action and Racing the SNES game rules. I love the Dexter parody man I crack up every time that I see it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...