Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
What is so bad about the series, Tenchi in Tokyo.

All of the posed arguments so far have been farily valid. However; I believe that the Tokyo series is, to use an analogy, like an acquired tasete. If it is watched enough the detractor can easily get used to the animation. Also, after enough viewing of the series, I grew to understand Sakuya, and not hate her at all. Of course, I'm a hardcore Tenchi fan, and it took me about 3 times of watching the entire series through, buy I got used to it and started to overcome the steriotypical view of Sakuya.

Maybe I have something wrong with me, but I just had to voice my mind. I have started to love the series as much as either of the other two, and hope that reading this post will encourage others to give the series a second or third chance, before giving up and just saying that they hate it.

Please respond if anyone feels the same way.
Posted
I do not dislike TiT, I just find it the worse out of the 3 tenchi series, which is not necessarily a bad thing really....

I really hate the animation though, look what they done to poor kiyone!
Posted
Personally I like all of them. The Tenchi in Tokyo series was pretty good. I didn't get to see it all ,because they stopped airing it,but what I saw I liked. That's my thoughts.
Posted
[color=royalblue]
I don't dislike it, but it's my least favorite of the three series (favorite being universe), it's my least favorite because of the animation, and I don't like the plot as much.
[/color]
Posted
I believed that all the tenchi series were ok. But I think that the show got old from being played over and over by toonami. Oh, well. I agree with most of you. Especially that Sakuya added much interest into the series.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Raven131
Posted
I don't not like it. I think it'ss pretty good. And even Sakuya's okay once ya give her a chance. I mean, she's just a girl with a crush on Tenchi. Any of you who have had crushes on pplz, how do you know that they didn't already have like 5 other pplz who liked them. Would that make you a bad person. No. I even began to like the animation. It's kinda goofy, (and Sasami looks like a possessed bunny rabbit) but it grows on you.
Posted
i liked TiT, just the animation did suck

yugi owns me
Posted
Eh, the animation was crap. But enough about that, Tenchi in Tokyo was my (like everyone else) least favorite of the 3, but it was certainly not bad. Infact I enjoyed watching it! :D
Guest CrestOfEmpathy
Posted
I really liked Tenchi in Tokyo, even if the animation was a little lame. It incorporated a lot of good ideas - Tenchi moving to the big city, Tenchi falling in love for the first time, a villain that for once isn't Kagato - all of these were very enjoyable plots. I particularly liked the fact that all of the characters had an important role to play, and all of them had their own little sub-plot. Like Ayeka, trying to get everyone back together at the Masaki house, and the way she went all-out to protect Sasami from Yugi - that was really nice. So many people say that Ayeka's a horrible snob that picks on Ryoko, but Tenchi in Tokyo really got to show the nicer side to her personality. I loved the part where she phones up Tenchi and admits how she feels about him, but he doesn't hear her because the kettle was going off, or something. And Ryoko, too - the whole thing with Hotsuma, that creepy blonde sub-villain who has a thing for her - brilliant! I loved that whole thing with him, especially when she saw Tenchi and Sakuya kissing and was broken-hearted and left Earth with Hotsuma to become a space-pirate again - how could anyone not love that idea? It was really clever. And Sasami, befriending the villain without realising it, being the one person who could understand Yugi and alleviate her loneliness - that was so sweet. Yugi herself was a very likeable villain. She wasn't really evil, she was just a scared, lonely little kid with more power than she could control. All she really wanted was a friend, but she was too young to know what to do. I'm glad things worked out for her in the end. And one of my favourite parts was the Real Deal with Sakuya. Her turning out to be Yugi's shadow, and then dying. Not only was that a great motivation for Tenchi to go fight Yugi, it was also really tragic. I liked Sakuya - I know a lot of people didn't like her because she 'messed up Tenchi's perfect relationship with Ryoko/Sasami/Kiyone' (gimme a break). And it was symbolic of Tenchi's parents, and how Nobuyuki had to lose Achika.
Guest Raven131
Posted
I think the main reason people don't like it is becuase of Sakuya trying to get Tenchi. I mean for christs sake he has enough girls after him without her too. And no matter who your fav character from the other 2 series was, it just makes more competition for that person (if your fav was one of the girls) So lots of people don't really like her.
Guest CrestOfEmpathy
Posted
I think that's a dumb reason for disliking Sakuya. I mean, blaming her for liking Tenchi? Puh-lease! That's just stupid. It wasn't her fault, and it added more depth to the plot. Sakuya is essentially a nice person - I can't directly think of any clear flaws in her personality, which you can do with any of the other girls (except possibly Sasami). Sakuya reminded me of Sasami in a lot of ways.
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted
I liked TiT. a lot. it's my second season favorite of the series. None of the two seasons after the original will ever live up to the original, but I, unlike practically the whole otaku boards, like TiT more than Universe
Posted
Well... I don't hate it. I mean, the plot had its plus sides, but I agree that the animation was horrible. Nobuyuki (Tenchi's dad) was the only one who looked the same. Some things confused me, like what I call "Mecha Ryo-ohki" (when Ryo-ohki turns into a pink robot). Where did that come from? I think it/she only turned into a space ship [i]once.[/i] And I don't believe that out of all the girls that love Tenchi, he would actually pick one (Sakuya) and ignore the rest. Plus, Yugi reminds me too much of Mayuka from the second movie.

I did like the way they did Ryoko's character. Of all the aliens in love with him, she was the only one who actually asked him out on a proper date. While Ayeka was frantically trying to get to Tokyo, Ryoko was in no rush because her love for Tenchi was so strong, she didn't need to be near him all the time. I like Ryoko :D

However, there is no forgiveness for the way they animated my Kiyone. People will pay! :flaming:
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Well the animation was really sloppy and I hated it. The plot was stupid. The way Tenchi treats the girls is horrid. Sakuya is a preppy moron with no intelligence what so ever. :rolleyes: The way the characters spazz out and just act downright stupid bothered me. And not only did the characters get ugly, but so did their clothes. It's just a disgrace. blech...it just doesn't compare to the other two. But that's just me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...