OtakuBoards

Help with Bahamuet(FF8)

Zaku II

I always get stuck trying to fight bahamuet. I have read to cast blind on him and then he is a piece of cake but then he cast level 3 magic on me that destroys my whole team anyway. I fought him for almost an hour a while back but just about all i could do was heal and then boom anohter one bites the dust. I have tried leveling up too, but it just doesnt seem to help. Any suggestions?

Guest firemac
hmm, you have problems with him, haha, wait until you go down that place, you'll get into a battle every two steps(and the ENC-None doesn't work here) and the place is long, and man, Ulitma Weapon is pain,but it's best to bring a lower level person with two people to fight him, that way his level will be brought down, mking him have less HP, that's how I beat him, hmm, maybe try doing that with Bahumut, well, I beat him pretty quick, that what I remember, just watch healing, and you should cast Aura more, and let Squall keep doing his limit break, watch your HP closely, use GF's, and be careful, that's all I can tell ya man, I can you more, but you'll have to IM me, hehe

Guest firedemon
:flaming: yo i beat that guy many a time first you need the lion heart then go to the the island from heaven or hell put on no encounter with diablo then get aura when you fight bahumut use aura on squall and then use his limlit break when you do that hope you get lion heart which is the name of the limit break do this a couple of times and it should be no problem oh yeah and if you didnt no you are supposed to move when that light is dimed:D

Here is what to do....

Bahamut attacks both using magic and physically, cast shell and protect on your characters, haste is useful too, when in need of fast healing, draw and cast bahamuts curaga on your teammates, if you can, draw full life from him too. Keep an eye on your partys hp, bahamuts mega flare attack is particularly damaging, limit breaks should harm him, especially squalls renzokuken, so its good to have some aura's, GF Shiva is very effective against bahamut, diablos is good too. Make sure you don't cast thunder or wind magic on bahamut....

hope that was useful....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zaku II [/i]
[B]I always get stuck trying to fight bahamuet. I have read to cast blind on him and then he is a piece of cake but then he cast level 3 magic on me that destroys my whole team anyway. I fought him for almost an hour a while back but just about all i could do was heal and then boom anohter one bites the dust. I have tried leveling up too, but it just doesnt seem to help. Any suggestions? [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]1st go downta the bottom left o the flat map ;) obviously
then go in an after Zell's long speech (if ya choose ta listen) go inside,...when the light stops glowing for the first time, don't move, coz it'll come straight back up,..then when it goes off agen,..take btween 1 and 3 steps,..then stop. Do this agen and agen. After u 'perceive the Resonance', carry on, then go to the light and press 'X'. Bahamut'll ask a question. Answer:
[i]It is not our will ta fight. [/i]
Then u fight a Ruby Dragon. Beat it then another question with no time to heal:
Answer by saying: [i]Never[/i]
Then another fight, wit no time to heal. Then he'll blab on. This time choose [i]no answer.[/i]
Then u fight the King of Dragons...
[i][u]My own Hints and Warnings ;):[/u]
WARNING:The second Ruby Dragon tends to do a back attack, so it might all b over, so heal yourself in the 1st Ruby Dragon fight.
HUH?:The fight against Bahamut is easier than you think. Jus give him a few renzokukens and he'll give up soon enough.
TIP:B4 u go in, let your Squall b almost dead. This way, you can Renzokuken them instantly. If the Renzokuken doesn't come up, press 'O' til it does. Jus use Squall's Renzokuken in each fight. Using it like this, you save up those precious 'Auras' and 'Aura Stones'. If Squall dies, Revive him with a life or pheonix down. (Don't use 'Full Life') Keep everyone else's HP high.
TIP:After the fight, heal yourself, go into the Ragnorak, and talk to everyone. After that, go back in,...use MOVE-FIND, and Save game. Then step down into the Lab Basement. The puzzles pretty easy. But I forgot what you do. Oh, don't go back. The baddies get harder as well. Then you fight the Ultima Weapon. If you still have MOVE-FIND on, then you'll c a Save Piont. Save and fight. Oh, Draw Eden. Don't bother using GF apart from to save your life. Keep all HP up, and use Squall's Renzokuken to attack. But Draw Eden first (the game's most powerful GF. But second to the Lion Heart ;)) You'll get 100 AP, tons of EXP and 100 Ultima Stones after the battle. For some reason, the Ultima Weapon is using Cloud's Ultima Weapon, from ff7, which you win, not surprisingly off the Ultima weapon on ff7. ;)[/i]

Hope tha helped.[/b]

[b] I think my tip works best. Let Squall reach near death, and keep him using Renzokuken. This way Auras and Aura Stones are saved, and you can renzokuken all you like. Keep other party members on stand-by, jus in case Squall dies, or they get hit bad by the Mega-Flare.
So, don't use the other to members to attack. And let Squall do all the work. ;)
[i] btw, I now always have my Squall on near-death. I am now unbeatable, muahaha! j/k So far, it's been good. The only downer in doing this is that SQuall levels up faster due to him always getting the winning shot, so poor Zell and Rinoa are left taking ages to level up. [/i][/b]

Guest Safer Sephiroth
Try training up all your guys first. Then have 1 or 2 people heal while the other(s) attack. Also try to draw some magic from other men while your training.

Guest Deranged Gerbil
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Or, you be a lazy little bugger like me and just use Some Holy Wars or Heros. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, but they are pretty hard to find, unless you refine a laguna card, that is, hero's and holy wars are best saved for ultima/omega weapon(s)

Guest Deranged Gerbil
yeah, but some people can't be bothered with the whole refining cards nonsense, I wen't through ff8 without ever having a card game the first time I played it