Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I am just wondering how much the japanese version was trimmed down when it was translated into english and aired on toonami? On another note I was wondering if anyone has watched series G or X and what your opinions of them were?
Posted
When CN used to air the 'uncut' verison of Gundam wing, there really wasn't much of a difference between the two. I saw the first 16 shows in Japanese and was impressed that CN didn't cut any parts out but they did edit the dialogue a bit... As for endless waltz....they cut several parts. Its too bad they had to cancel it though since too many parents complained about it... but as always, Japanese is better.

As for G and X, I have all X shows and I think it was pretty good. Series is just as long as Wing and it kinda tells what would've happened if the colonies did drop on earth in Wing. My only real complaint though is that they talk alot and it can be as boring as a toaster oven at times. Thankfully the action is good enough to make up for that and some of the suits in this show are better than some in Wing. (Wait til you see the upgraded Gundam X and the Double X)

I hated G. I guess its because its nothing like the usual Gundam shows we're accustomed to. Its also too much like DBZ. Having the suits do moves and such is cool but its just not right for a Gundam. If you see the show you'll know what I'll mean and if not I guess til CN releases it this Fall
Guest Imsirion
Posted
I've heard G Gundam being called racist because of stereotyping the people from other counrties.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]I've heard G Gundam being called racist because of stereotyping the people from other counrties. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yes, thats very true Outlaw. Its rather insulting if you ask me when they introduce the Gundam Representing the US and England. Only the Gundam representing Japan is prob. the only one considerd 'normal'. Desipte there are people who like this series and the series being 'in a leagueall its own' (Its not in the UC or AC universe) I don think this show will be too popular when it comes out as Gundam Wing was.
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I saw the DVD of Endless Waltz where it was supposedly uncut and I saw it subtitled. It didn't seem much different from the version they aired on Toonami at all, but that's just my opinion. I saw the Uncut and Edited versions of GW on Toonami, and the only difference I really noticed was that when Trieze talked about religion and God they changed that and they took out a little blood. That was basically it. Oh yeah, and they didn't say damn and they didn't say the world kill...which I thought was absurd..[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1] Oh yeah, and they didn't say damn and they didn't say the world kill...which I thought was absurd..[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]I found that to be absurd too. We have more childish shows out there on CN than Gundam Wing and yet they didn't allow this show to use the word kill or damn. They ended up saying destory instead. I remember in one show they used that word like 7 times in one sentence! From what you said Asuka, it looks like CN will edit anything dealing with religion.... Just hearing about the renames of the Devil and God Gundams for G Gundam this fall and Trieze's speech is proof. *Sigh* Its reasons like this that Japanese verison anime is always better. Thanks for your input Queen Asuka, as always your input makes alot of sense.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=blue]I found that to be absurd too. We have more childish shows out there on CN than Gundam Wing and yet they didn't allow this show to use the word kill or damn. They ended up saying destory instead. I remember in one show they used that word like 7 times in one sentence! From what you said Asuka, it looks like CN will edit anything dealing with religion.... Just hearing about the renames of the Devil and God Gundams for G Gundam this fall and Trieze's speech is proof. *Sigh* Its reasons like this that Japanese verison anime is always better. Thanks for your input Queen Asuka, as always your input makes alot of sense.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

What are the renames for the God and Devil Gundams?
Posted
Well there isnt much to edit out of GW...Its all pretty bloodless violence not much cursing and zippo nudity...

MAybe they edited some dialouge but i think thats about the extent of there editing...:rolleyes:

As for G-Gundam being racist...Thats just reading too much into something...really... :naughty:

And i like the VERY small amount of material ive seen/read about X...Maybe just cause its the predcessor to GW and GW got alot of its design ideas off of X... :cool:
Posted
Im not sure, I own the uncut DVD series but I have not seen any original japanese ones besides X so I guess I cant say for sure.

I am tired of parents complaing. Who lets their small child (who should not be watching it) stay up to Midnight anyway? Thats when Uncut was airing...Anyway, Most of the animes though, when they are translated loose some of the dialouge from the original just simply cause we would not get it and sometimes for other stupid reasons. thats why its best to get subs and not dubs...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I just got the whole Gundam Wing series plus 4 episodes of Zeta on some disc's. Curtosy of my friend and a burner. Anyway, some of the were realmedia files and I don't have realplayer so I can't watch them. O,o But that is only like 13 or 14 of them. I can't compare fully but I'll do my best. From what I saw on CN and what I saw in the subs, it wasn't all that different, I mean there isn't as much blood and profanity in the toonami version, but those are the only major differences.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
i just want to mention i have one little thing with wing and thats how young all the charectors are. i dont think its bad, just a little younger than i think is cool.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]Im not sure, I own the uncut DVD series but I have not seen any original japanese ones besides X so I guess I cant say for sure.

I am tired of parents complaing. Who lets their small child (who should not be watching it) stay up to Midnight anyway? Thats when Uncut was airing...Anyway, Most of the animes though, when they are translated loose some of the dialouge from the original just simply cause we would not get it and sometimes for other stupid reasons. thats why its best to get subs and not dubs... [/B][/QUOTE]


u got a point there. who would let their smaller child watch those kinds of show @ midnight? i guess they didnt care at first, but if they had a problem...they could have just stopped staying up till midnight to watch these shows. would that be too hard?
Posted
I've seen the whole series un cut, nothings that different except for maybe the dialogue.

Of course I could only purchase Endless Waltz as the Toonami Edition so I don't know about the movie.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AlmightySSJ4 [/i]
[B]

What are the renames for the God and Devil Gundams? [/B][/QUOTE]


God Gundam = Burning/Shining Gundam
Devil Gundam = Dark Gundam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...