Fall Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 Shi*! This is by far in the best movie I have seen in a very long time. Lotsa action in it, and it makes it more interesting with Bruce Willis in it me thinks. This movie stands out over the top of the other movie, Deep Impact. It was shown on T.V. here last night. I wasn't going to watch it, though I did, and I'm glad I did too....I know it's pretty old, but I'm just asking if everyone else thinks the same as I do about the movie?
Kei Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 It was a pretty good movie. I'm a big action fanatic, so I was really happy to see all those explosions and junk happen.
PiroMunkie Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 [color=indigo]Ahh, another potentially good action movie ruined by a love story... It would have been so much better if it wasn't for that. Stupid Ben Afleck or whatever his name is...[/color]
Rancid Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][color=indigo]Ahh, another potentially good action movie ruined by a love story... It would have been so much better if it wasn't for that. Stupid Ben Afleck or whatever his name is...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Even with that love crap it was still a good movie. Bruce Willis dies, that was sad.[/SIZE]
Kinetic Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 [color=royalblue] Yes, but that just made the plot even better. Anyway, yes, that is one of my favorite movies. I watched it again recently, and was just as impressed as ever. It also has good gfx, especially when the fragments pelt NY at the beginning. [/color]
Guest Jabroni3:16 Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 Being the very big Jerry Bruckheimer fan that i am, of coarse i own it. A friend of mine was an extra in the movie, if you care to look he was the hot dog vender who gets more or less killed when the first meteor hits. It's the scene where that dog attacks the inflatable Godzilla. It's a pretty good movie, not my favorite but good none-the-less.
Fall Posted June 6, 2002 Author Posted June 6, 2002 I think that with Bruce Willis dying in the movie, it makes the plot better, as Aries mentioned. lol, yeah, all those explosions and stuff made it a movie I liked, but overall the whole plot made it the heck of a movie that it is... my fave part was where the president/whatever go to detonate the bomb before they had even dug the hole.....
SSJ Gotenks ok Posted June 6, 2002 Posted June 6, 2002 That was a excellent movie it almost made me cry!!:laugh:
Guest Matt Posted June 6, 2002 Posted June 6, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][color=indigo]Ahh, another potentially good action movie ruined by a love story... It would have been so much better if it wasn't for that. Stupid Ben Afleck or whatever his name is...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=red][b]LOL. Ya. I agree. The same happened with Pearl Harbor.[/b][/color]
9mm Avenger Posted June 6, 2002 Posted June 6, 2002 I didn't like it that much. Bruce Willis makes me itch. ;) What ruined it for me was that Willis and that other guy(I haven't seen this movie in years!)Got into that fight...And Willis tricked, and blew up the asteroid..And the love story..EECH.
PiroMunkie Posted June 7, 2002 Posted June 7, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wing Gundam [/i] [B][SIZE=1]Even with that love crap it was still a good movie. Bruce Willis dies, that was sad.[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]:therock: That was one of the best parts of the movie. It is always good to see people die in movies. No action movie is complete without it. The death of a main character just happens to be more effective. I just don't think the people who make these kind of movies know that a love story isn't needed for an action movie. Maybe they should take a look back at the classics like [i]Lethal Weapon[/i]. Now [b]that[/b] was good. No love story or anything.[/color]
Mohawk Posted June 8, 2002 Posted June 8, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][color=indigo]Ahh, another potentially good action movie ruined by a love story... It would have been so much better if it wasn't for that. Stupid Ben Afleck or whatever his name is...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Man, it's scary how much we think alike. That is basically what I thought about this movie. But I am 12 and your 18 or something. That is also kind-of strange.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now