Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Green Day


Recommended Posts

Guest Matt
Posted
[color=red][b]Well, I just came back from the Green Day/Blink 182 concert and I have to say, Green Day kicked azz!! They were better than blink. Billie Joe is so funny! During the concert, he let 3 people come up on stage and play the guitar, bass, and drums. I play the bass and he even asked if I could play it good. I yes yes, but this person next to me said he was better, so Billie picked him. I was angry. Atleast I got to mosh the hell out of that guy later. :D I got sprayed with his super soaker and caught one of Travis' (from Blink 182) drumsticks!! I am now downloading every Green Day song I can find of Kazaa. I had a kick azz time! Best concert I have been to in a while. Anyone else like Green Day or went to the Pop Disaster Tour?[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]
I wanna go to that concert!! I love Green Day, and Blink is cool too. That would have been awesome if you got to go on stage. Where do you live? If anywhere southern, tell me where! Maybe I can catch them some time. Geez, I am slow with these things lol.
[/color]
Guest Matt
Posted
[color=red][b]I saw them in massachusetts. If you go to thier web site([url]http://www.greenday.com[/url]) you can view tour dates.[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]Don't tell me you are just now discovering Green Day.. Of [i]course[/i] they are better the Blink 182. Almost any decent band is. Their older stuff is a lot better than their old stuff. So I'd look more into that.[/color]
Guest Matt
Posted
[color=red][b]I didn't "just discover Green Day". I really used to like Green Day back in the days of Dookie, but then I just lost track of them for a long time and didn't listen to any of thier music for a while. I just got into them again. Also, considering I know the name of the guitarist/lead singer........[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Their older stuff is a lot better than their old stuff.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] :nope:


[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Of [i]course[/i] they are better the Blink 182. Almost any decent band is.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
:nope: [color=red][b]Piro, we both know that we have conflicting views about Blink. So why, every time I mention them, you have to make fun of them or diss them in some way?[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo] Their older stuff is a lot better than their old stuff. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

So thier old stuff is better than thier old stuff? What?

Yeah, Greenday kicks azz. If they come up here to Canada, I'm going to spend my life savings to go see them.(I don't have alot of money)
Posted
[color=indigo]Lol, :whoops: I meant their older stuff is better than their new stuff :p. My fault.

I am glad to hear you didn't JUST discover Green Day. I would have had to knock some sense into you if you had.:p[/color]
Guest Matt
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Lol, :whoops: I meant their older stuff is better than their new stuff :p. My fault.

I am glad to hear you didn't JUST discover Green Day. I would have had to knock some sense into you if you had.:p[/color] [/B]
[/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I agree. There older stuff is better. At the show they played one song from each album if not more.

I also agree that people who JUST discover Green Day should be hurt. lol.[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I like Green Day...even since they first came out, and their old stuff is way better than the new stuff. But you never hear much from them anymore...it's really sad. Lately though I've had "Hitchin' a Ride" stuck in my head...I really need to get a Green Day fix before I end up going out and buying one of their albums like I did Pearl Jam...[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]

[color=red][b]I agree. There older stuff is better. At the show they played one song from each album if not more.

I also agree that people who JUST discover Green Day should be hurt. lol.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]
Just hurt? Maybe tortured....

Anyway, yeah, the songs on Dookie are way better, especially "Basket Case" and "When I Come Around". I always have those in my head....But I also like "Minority" on their most recent CD.
[/color]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I like "Nice Guys Finish Last". Do you really think that that's a true fact? Sometimes I find myself agreeing with it, because the bad people always seem to get ahead in life, and then here come the good guys, right behind them. Of course, then the good guys overthrow the bad people and have a party WHOOHOO! Okay, I'm rambling, so I'm shutting up now...[/color][/size]
Posted
*gets ready to get tortured*
I just found out about green day because I just got into that kind of music like a year ago, be4 then, I was more into hip hop sooo.. I just found out like,... 2 months ago, i think...
*starts praying*
are they comin to CA anytime soon? or have they already been here?
Posted
I hate Green Day. They are all just a bunch of mainstream wannabe punks. I only like one song. What other song than...........Brain Stew!
Guest Morph
Posted
Damn you! I wanted to go to that concert! Green Day is an okay band. Blink 182 is pretty decent themselves....
Guest Matt
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mohawk [/i]
[B]I hate Green Day. They are all just a bunch of mainstream wannabe punks. I only like one song. What other song than...........Brain Stew! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Burn in hell. Please. They are not "a bunch of mainstream wanna be punks". You just have no taste in music.[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mohawk [/i]
[B]I hate Green Day. They are all just a bunch of mainstream wannabe punks. I only like one song. What other song than...........Brain Stew! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]
Haha! And you say you are into punk. Green Day is the godfather of punk! Okay, not really, but they are one of the most famous and talented punk bands...you don't like punk. Take it back! Take it back I say!! :flaming:
[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]
Haha! And you say you are into punk. Green Day is the godfather of punk! Okay, not really, but they are one of the most famous and talented punk bands...you don't like punk. Take it back! Take it back I say!! :flaming:
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Do you even know what punk is? I am into [B]real[/B] punk not **** punk. Why should I take back my comment? I said I like punk. Punk is a very wide genre. It's not just thode posers in Sum, Blink, and Green day.
I like stuff that you proabably haven't heard of such as Anti Flag, Black Flag, Anti-heroes and the Sex Pistols.
The Ramones are the ****ing godfathers of punk you stupid jack arse.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mohawk [/i]
[B]
Do you even know what punk is? I am into [B]real[/B] punk not **** punk. Why should I take back my comment? I said I like punk. Punk is a very wide genre. It's not just thode posers in Sum, Blink, and Green day.
I like stuff that you proabably haven't heard of such as Anti Flag, Black Flag, Anti-heroes and the Sex Pistols.
The Ramones are the ****ing godfathers of punk you stupid jack arse. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]
Lol, I just thought it was funny you said they were wannabe's. Anyway, yes, I know what punk is, I like punk, though I don't listen to it much. And no, blink 182/sum 41 are pop rock. I wanna see what Piro says when he sees that. Anyway, notice how I said, j/k, they're not? That's because what I was implying was they are a very "talented and famous band" and that they were not the "****ing godfathers of punk".

*edit* and you don't have to cuss to be cool, trust me, I was twelve once too. Ahem, not too long ago *cough*
[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]
Lol, I just thought it was funny you said they were wannabe's. Anyway, yes, I know what punk is, I like punk, though I don't listen to it much. And no, blink 182/sum 41 are pop rock. I wanna see what Piro says when he sees that. Anyway, notice how I said, j/k, they're not? That's because what I was implying was they are a very "talented and famous band" and that they were not the "****ing godfathers of punk".

*edit* and you don't have to cuss to be cool, trust me, I was twelve once too. Ahem, not too long ago *cough*
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yea, speaking of age how old is your mom. She's pretty hot.
Anyway, onto the cussing matter. I cuss because I feel like it. It's a way of expressing anger. I am not tryig to be cool nethier do I want to be cool. I want to get my point across. You can't tell me I can't like punk because I don't like a bunch of sissy faggots (no I don't have problems with gay people, if that offended anybody I am sorry). In conclsion I think you should shut your poser *** mouth and know your role. You spek bad about me again and I will have tocut you open with my mohawk.
Posted
[color=royalblue]
I wasn't speaking bad about you. Not in a single one of my posts. But this is getting off topic, and the point is, if you don't like the band, there is no need for you to post here.
[/color]
Posted
I don't give a crap if this is getting off topic. I can post wherever the hell I want. Who the f*** died and made you the ****in mod. of this forum. In other words...........................................................
Go rape a cat.

[size=1][color=red]Mohawk, you will cease this rudeness now. I've seen it countless times from you, and I'm tired of it. Don't make me warn you again.

-Justin[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Unholy Newt [/i]
[B]WHO CAN NOT LIKE GREEN DAY!!!!??? GREEN DAY IS THE BEST BAND IN EXISTENCE!!!!!!![/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Now we all know that's not true. Sure I like Greenday, but their newer stuff is crap. They were good back in the "Basket Case" days, but there are many bands who aremuch better than them.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]
Haha! And you say you are into punk. Green Day is the godfather of punk! Okay, not really, but they are one of the most famous and talented punk bands...you don't like punk. Take it back! Take it back I say!! :flaming:
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, and I hate to get into this whole punk dispute, but Greenday is not punk. They used to be punk, but now they've gone too far mainstream. The same goes for Blink182...

-Justin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...