Mist Posted June 5, 2002 Posted June 5, 2002 I can't write poetry very well, but it's always worth a try. Please, tell me what you think of it. Thanks.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fading Put your perfect smile on, try to face another day. Do they not realize, realize your fading away? Greet them with a friendly smile, With a friendly face. So much unhappiness, Yet, You leave no trace. Are you ever really happy? Or do you just hide behind that bright smile? They're so stupid, they don't think they're hurting you, They're in deep denial. You look at yourself in the mirrior, At your beautiful little face, Inside of yourself you're screaming, "Can't you see I'm fading!" Well, let me tell you one thing, You do have a friend. Hold my hand, I won't let you fall. I'll always be here for you, I'll be your one and all. And when the tears flow freely, and you're on your knees, think of me, to your heart, I have the keys. I'm sorry if I don't help you much, but please, dear friend, understand, I care about you more than anything, More than friendship can demand. And when time ends, when all hope is gone, if you want to fade away, remember, dear friend, tommorow's another dawn. There it is. What do you think?
Raiha Posted June 5, 2002 Posted June 5, 2002 [COLOR=seagreen]Not bad for a first attempt. It also doesn't matter if you can't write poetry, it isn't like we're proffessionals here...;)[/COLOR]
The Unholy Newt Posted June 6, 2002 Posted June 6, 2002 You are a really good writer. You should put them into a contest or something
Mist Posted June 6, 2002 Author Posted June 6, 2002 Aww, Thanks! But I don't think I'm that good...or anywhere near that...
Sui Generis Posted June 6, 2002 Posted June 6, 2002 Thats what I said, and poetry.com may be publishing me ^^...So I would say put them in a contest!! :)
Mist Posted June 6, 2002 Author Posted June 6, 2002 ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!??? They put me in some anthology, some cassette/cd collection, and invited me to Disneyworld...which I missed. My friend had entered me in it without me knowing, so....anyway...
The Unholy Newt Posted June 6, 2002 Posted June 6, 2002 SEE! You are a good writer, if they gave you a trip to disneyworld for one of your poems, thats gotta be saying somethin.
Mist Posted June 6, 2002 Author Posted June 6, 2002 No, I think that it was just a ploy for my money. It was alright though, I understand I need to work on my writing.
Empathy Posted June 8, 2002 Posted June 8, 2002 this I like...you're a great writer...I like this poem a lot^^
Amphion Posted June 10, 2002 Posted June 10, 2002 DOnt care what anyone else says, I liked the poem alot. You are no doupt a good writer. keep on writing, you have talent.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now