OtakuBoards

What's so good about PS2?

Dark Sephiroth

Advanced chipset (true 128-bit)...powerful, but complex...umm...

FFX, GT3, GTA3... the controller, DVD playback in 5.1 with optical out, 2 USB,
1 iLink (600+MB/s), backwards compatiblity, and the list goes on...it's a really good system with all the support it's getting.

Guest ProudClod
Well, it has the Final Fantasy series on it, and not only Tekken 4! there are more great beat 'em ups like Soul Calibur 2 and...well Virtua Fighter 4 is up to you, I wouldnt recommend it though, and thats pretty much it..oh wait, what Rico just said, um...theres that too.

The equipments a bit pricey compared to the Gamecube though, dont get me started on the xbox! but all in all, Id say its the best console out at the moment.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dark Sephiroth [/i]
[B]Read the title.

What r your thoughts? [/B][/QUOTE]
Well let's see here, it has tons of amazing exclusive games, dvd capabilities (without a $30 remote), and the controlers aren't all freaky (X-box's humongeous one's). I think this topic has served it's purpose. :angry3:

Well the X-Box's graphics are slightly better,but that in no way makes it better then the PS2. There is more to a game or system then looks. Everything Rico mentioned is right. That, and the Final Fantasy series alone make it one of the best systems.

Well, I feel that many of the system's pros have been answered quite nicely.

Backwards compatibility makes available a vast library of (inexpensive) games and third party support is spectacular.

The Playstation 2 is a nice entertainment medium, allowing users to play DVDs, audio compact discs, and enjoy online gaming in the near future.

Lastly, let's not forget the recent price drop!

Anyway, I knew that this thread had the possibility to become another "system vs. system" topic and it's quite clear to me that that is what is now happening.

Thus, this topic is now closed.