OtakuBoards

Is it harder to beat Veran or Onox?

Char!

[color=teal][size=1]Onox's dragon form was really tough; I had all the hearts and a potion [i]and[/i] I had to use a Gameshark's Snapshot feature, and I [i]just[/i] made it... I must not be very talented...[/color][/size]

[color=indigo]I put this in a new thread, since you weren't giving/asking for help.

Well, I haven't fought Onox just yet, but Veran was pretty easy... I lost about 5 Hearts during the fight, with the Blue Ring on, so normally that'd be about 10 Hearts, and I came into the fight missing about 2 Hearts, I think... So, she would've almost made me use my Magic Potion if I hadn't had the Blue Ring. From what I've heard, though, Onox sounds pretty easy to beat, also.[/color]

[color=indigo]He's talking about Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Zelda: Oracle of Seasons for the GBC. Specifically, he's asking if people think Veran (the end boss in Ages) or Onox (the end boss in Seasons) is harder to beat.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, I finally got around to beating Onox (and the linked game, with Twinrova and Ganon) about a week ago... (I had been putting it off, because I was waiting to get that last Heart Container Piece from a Gasha Tree). I'd have to say that Onox was harder for me, simply because it seems like there's more times where you have to get hit... Like when he's spitting those blue fireballs in his dragon form... They're too tall to jump over unless they're on the ground, and he can just corner you with them, since he spits them fast enough to make it so that you'll get hit if you try and jump over one, to get out of the corner. Other than that, though, it wasn't too hard. I didn't have to use my Potion.[/color]

[color=indigo]Yeah, different people will have more trouble with different bosses. A good example is Bongo Bongo, in OOT. I beat it really easy, while other people have a really hard time beating it. And, just the opposite, Some people have a really easy time with Phantom Ganon (also in OOT), while it's one of the harder bosses for me, in OOT. Though, strangely enough, Ganondorf isn't very hard for me. :whoops:[/color]

Onox was most definently the hardest. It took me several times before I beat him. His attacks were varied and strong, you didn't know what he was going to throw at you. Plus many of his attacks covered the whole area. And then there was the dragon form. Damn that was such a tough form. I had to dodge the fire on the ground and the flames he spit at me. I had to jump on his hand too, which was tough. I had to slash that crystal on his head quickly too because I didn't have enough time before he tried to do another move. I was so happy when I finally beat him. I thought Veran was easy. When you fought her that one time about halfway through the game she was pretty tough. At the end she was a piece of cake. Maybe it was because it was a linked game, so I had a Master Sword, Mirror Shield, and all the best weapons at my disposal. In a linked game, Twinrova and Ganon were the real challenge. Ganon had such a large range for attacks, and you had to get close to him to hit him. Twinrova took exact aim and timing to defeat it.

[COLOR=blue]I don't even remember fighting Onox since it was so long ago. I think Ganon and Twinrova are easy to beat. It helps if you have the level 3 sword too, which I do. Where do you fight Onox anyway? [/COLOR]

[color=indigo]He's, um, the end boss of Oracle of Seasons... You fight him in Onox's Castle, which is located at the top of the Northern Peak, immediately to the west of the sunken Temple of Seasons... Well, he's the end boss of a normal game. If you're playing a linked Oracle of Seasons game, then you'll still have to fight Twinrova and Ganon after beating Onox.

I also had the Master Sword (Lv.3 sword), and it did help, though I could have done it with the Noble Sword (Lv.2 sword) without too much more trouble. I still used Spin Attacks on Ganon, though, simply because his attacks were so dang easy to dodge. I'd just dodge until the Spin Attack is charged up, wait for him to appear, and then slash him with it. I think I only got hit about four times through the whole fight.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
I found Onox harder to beat than Veran. I dislike jumping up on the claw to his him each time because I find it hard to judge jumping for some reason. I also seem to get hit everytime he fires then dang fireballs, I don't think I've ever avoided getting hit once. Although it only took me 2 times to beat Onox anyway. Veran I think also took 2. Twin Rova and Ganon, I think 2 also. They're the easiest to beat >_>;;

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ThePikasElbow [/i]
[B]In a linked game, Twinrova and Ganon were the real challenge. Ganon had such a large range for attacks, and you had to get close to him to hit him. Twinrova took exact aim and timing to defeat it. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal][size=1]Twinrova was really tricky, but Ganon was far too easy, even for me. Once you figure out all the stuff he does, just keep your sword charged, and keep jumping around til you get near him. It's a piece of cake once you know what you're doing. :)

--Mike[/color][/size]