OtakuBoards

British Comedy

Manic Webb

[color=royalblue]
Actually, I was gonna make a thread on this :p But Red Dwarf is alright. I used to watch Black Adder, and I wanna see Monty Python (yes, tons of people in here like Monty Python). My favorite would probably be Chef! though.
[/color]

[color=red][b]I love Monty Python. And Mr. Bean. O god, I love Mr. Bean!! The movie sucked, but the TV show was so frickin funny![/b][/color]

[color=red][b]Remember the time he couldn't sleep and he tried to stop the cats from making noise by dressing up like a dog and barking out the window?? lol. good times.[/b][/color]

[color=royalblue]
And the time he bought a new chair or something, and he didn't have enough rope to tie it down to his car, so he sat on the chair on top, and put a brick on the accelerator, then used what little rope he had to steer, and he went outta control. Heh, I love that guy.
[/color]

[color=red][b]Yep. Good 'ol classic Bean. Or when he went on vacation and wanted to take a picture of one of the British Guards(u know, the guys with the big black furry hats). So he decorated him with flowers and such then stuck Mr. Bear on his bayonet. And right as the picture was about to be taken, the guards shift ended and he moved. lol[/b][/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]When I go to my nanna's they are always watching some British comedy because my Nanna was born and raised in Scotland, so that's what she prefers. I like Monty Python and the Holy Grail and I think Mr. Bean is funny, too. There is another show that's I've watched that's hilarious where there's this woman named Mrs. Bucket and she doesn't want anyone to know her family is poor. I forget what it's called.[/color][/size]

[I]Hah, the one area that America will never be able to beat us at! I'm sorry, and no offense to the Americans, but you cannot make comedy like us. Such things as Bottom (Flashy will agree with me here), Black Adder, Faulty Towers, The Young Ones, Monty Python... all classics, unbeatable classics.[/I]

[color=crimson][size=1]The reason why British comedy is so funny is because it's unique and CRAZY and not the same stuff over and over. I believe that here in America they think the only way to make something funny is to have some sort of reference to sex or something of the sort, and you don't ALWAYS have to have that to be funny. Although Disney makes funny movies, and they are "supposedly" good clean fun. (Although I remember that thread not too long ago where they were talking about Dirty Disney secrets and stuff...) But yeah. Of course, I'd have to say Mr Bean and Monty Python are probably the most popular. At least everyone's heard of them, I think. I just love to be sitting there and pop out a quote from the movie and someone else respond and know exactly what I'm talking about. And then there are the clueless people that are like "What the heck are the talking about..." So yeah...

But UGH, did you have to get all cocky about it? :rolleyes:[/color][/size]

Then it's agreed. Mr. Bean and Monty Python are the best comedy shows [i]ever![/i]
Queen Asuka has a good point. American comedy seems to be the exact same stuff over and over. Meanwhile, British comedies are unpredictable and completely insane.

Has anybody here seen the Black Adder movie where he goes back in time to all of the other Black Adder series? That has hilarious when he punched out Shakespeare and the Black Adder series with The Queen has always been my favorite.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Fawlty Towers... I think I might've seen that one once or twice. What was it about? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
I'm pretty sure John Cleese is the main character (thanks to Jesus Chicken for reminding me), but he runs a hotel, and everything SO simple always goes wrong, hehe.

In one episode, there is this guest that pretends he's a hotel inspector, and Basil (the hotel manager) finds out, and throws a pie in his face in front of the real inspector, and then freaks out :laugh: I love it.
[/color]

Indeed I will agree with you SS Trunks... The likes of Fawlty Towers, the Young ones, Blackadder I through IV and the movies, bad news, bad news world tour, guest house paradiso, filthy rich and catflap, bottom, monty python, red dwarf (all 8 series), prince among men, father ted, black books, shooting stars, mr. bean, thin blue line, cold feet and harry enfield to name a few of my favourites... Yes, British comedy really is the king.

• 3 weeks later...