OtakuBoards

CB games?

Kain

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by safer cloud [/i]
[B]Has a Cowboy Bebop game ever been made?Just curious.I don't think any have been made but i'm not totally sure. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]No, a game has never been made that was based on Cowboy Bebop. I mean to say, the anime itself has only been out for three years, what do you expect? ;)

Honestly, I think it would be great if they made a game. You could play out their situation the way you want to, and explore the vast regions of which they went. However, in the conversion from anime to game, scary things may happen, and the developers might destroy everything that Cowboy Bebop stands for.

If they were to design a good game, I would, without a doubt, recommend none other to make it than Hideo Kojima, the creator and mastermind behind Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2. Just one thing though, he shouldn't make it [b]too[/b] much like the concept of Metal Gear. He should use just enough from it to make it a hit, but too much, like I said, would somewhat destroy the concept of the anime for the game.[/color]

:blah:

Guest ProudClod
Jeez, I know how that would be, and it would most likely be in the cel animation form....gimme a break!

And to answer you question SC, no...there arent any Cowboy Bebop games at all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]If they were to design a good game, I would, without a doubt, recommend none other to make it than Hideo Kojima, the creator and mastermind behind Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2. Just one thing though, he shouldn't make it [b]too[/b] much like the concept of Metal Gear. He should use just enough from it to make it a hit, but too much, like I said, would somewhat destroy the concept of the anime for the game.[/color]
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ah, I know what youre thinking, but dont you think that CB is a little less espionage than MGS, look at CB episodes, theyre all jump in and kill everyone style. Some techniques from MGS2 could be used, like the ability to jump out of a wall and shoot, plus the punch and kick combos (which could be so much better). A game of CB can be much more better and advanced than MGS in gameplay, it just needs the right mind.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ProudClod [/i]
[B]Jeez, I know how that would be, and it would most likely be in the cel animation form....gimme a break![/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Well, what do you expect? If they tried making the game in sharp 3 dimensional polygons, then the characters would look too...whats the word...over exagerated; have you ever seen a 3 dimensional look to Dragonball Z? ::shudder:: It clearly would not fit the feel of Cowboy Bebop at all, in fact, I would prefer it cel-shaded. :) [/color]
[QUOTE][b]Ah, I know what youre thinking, but dont you think that CB is a little less espionage than MGS, look at CB episodes, theyre all jump in and kill everyone style. Some techniques from MGS2 could be used, like the ability to jump out of a wall and shoot, plus the punch and kick combos (which could be so much better). A game of CB can be much more better and advanced than MGS in gameplay, it just needs the right mind.[/b] [/QUOTE]
[color=teal]When I said 'some aspects of Metal Gear Solid 2,' I ment to imply that of which was relevant to Cowboy Bebop. A few of these techniques include the third person to first person switch when shooting and the punch and kick combos, but perhaps an advancement to fit the Bebop style, like better fighting combos. I also said before that this game cannot depend on MGS2 100%, which would mean less stealth and more direct atacks. Maybe what this game needs more than anything else is someone from the original Cowboy Bebop team to guide the developement in the right direction before it gets off track in the beginning.[/color]

:blah:

I think the making of a game of Cowboy Bebop wouldn't be right. There are some animes that do better with games, action figures, and sequels. I think we all know that Cowboy Bebop is not that kind of anime. A game of the series, I think, would somehow cheapen it. Don't ask about my logic; I'm weird...

[B]
[color=teal]Well, what do you expect? If they tried making the game in sharp 3 dimensional polygons, then the characters would look too...whats the word...over exagerated; have you ever seen a 3 dimensional look to Dragonball Z? ::shudder:: It clearly would not fit the feel of Cowboy Bebop at all, in fact, I would prefer it cel-shaded. :) [/color]

[color=teal]When I said 'some aspects of Metal Gear Solid 2,' I ment to imply that of which was relevant to Cowboy Bebop. A few of these techniques include the third person to first person switch when shooting and the punch and kick combos, but perhaps an advancement to fit the Bebop style, like better fighting combos. I also said before that this game cannot depend on MGS2 100%, which would mean less stealth and more direct atacks. Maybe what this game needs more than anything else is someone from the original Cowboy Bebop team to guide the developement in the right direction before it gets off track in the beginning.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=crimson]:bleh: I have nothing against cell shading, but for a CB game, it just wouldn't work. I think that a well put togther graphical system would make CB good. Only problem is, unless it could compare to the series, I would hate it.[/COLOR]
:smoke:

Guest Jabroni3:16
[B]
[color=teal]No, a game has never been made that was based on Cowboy Bebop. I mean to say, the anime itself has only been out for three years, what do you expect? ;)[/color][/B][/QUOTE]

Actually i believe CB debuted in '98 in Japan, so technically it'd be 4 years. That hasn't stopped some people from making games that early in a shows/movies life. I personally think that if there would be a CB game it would suck ***, and probably scare people away from the series. There'd hardly be any game play there. As for the style the game would be in, currently at this moment theres no appropriate animation style to fit CB. Well my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mstyrios WX [/i]
[B]YES! They do have out Cowboy Bebop game but it isn't exactly the greatest and it was made in Japan only.

There is 1 game a space shooter like starfox.It was made for PS.
[/B][/QUOTE]

quite right mstyrios, but I read a reveiw on the game that said it was terrible, that's why it never saw american shores. the basic premise of the game is that of starfox, fly around and shot the bad guys basicaly. I think there was a sequel to the game but I'm not sure, can anyone back that up?