Anna Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 Anyone heard of them yet? They're new and haven't even released a cd beyond the EPs they have at their shows. I discovered them at mp3.com. Their sound is like........ well, it's mellow. I want to say pop, but's more like... alternative pop???? Gah... they just have nice sound about them-to me. Not meaning to spam now, but their site is [url]http://www.goldspot.net[/url] I've put it up here so you can hear for yourself. My favorite is "So Fast"... it's so pretty, it has a quality to it that isn't heard in a lot of contemporary music nowadays...
PiroMunkie Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 [color=indigo]Hrmmm... no offense, but I guess the only good that site did for me is allow me to taste my lunch twice. :sick:[/color]
Corey Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 :: Offers PiroMunkie a small cup of Peptobismol :: Here... It'll help. ..Ow my stomach...
Anna Posted July 9, 2002 Author Posted July 9, 2002 :therock:............ I [i]told[/i] you it was mellow........... definately not the mainstream stuff, of any genre. I wouldn't really expect you to like it, Piro :smirk: but I just hope [u]some[/u] people here give it a chance for goodness sake. Yeah it's different, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. Take Dave Matthews Band..... I don't like them, **BUT** they are [i]extremley[/i] talented; they're very good musicians and have a sound that's hard to copy. What I'm getting at with that is even though a lot of you may not be into this type of music, just go a try a song out.... preferably So Fast, that's their best one in my opinion.
wrist cutter Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 Who would want to copy Dave Matthews Band anyway? Bleh. But anyway, on topic, their music is pretty good, I especially liked "Friday". They need more variance in their music though... a band who plays soft music all the time = boring.
Anna Posted July 9, 2002 Author Posted July 9, 2002 lol......... I liked "Friday" as well, and the intro to "Running Out" is nice and rather up-tempo,... the only song I don't really prefer is "Perfect Dream"... I dunno, I just don't. But I agree with you, they need a little more bite to some of their stuff...... hopefully their album will show more variety.
Mist Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 [color=red][size=1] They weren't too bad, but I'm a heavy metal person. But that's okay...:D[/color][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now