Turkey Posted July 19, 2002 Posted July 19, 2002 You want to play games from other regions, right? But the thought of sending your console to someone who'll open it and do nasty stuff to it an be quite scary. The fine folk at [URL=http://www.ncsx.com]NCSX[/URL] have developed an excellent alternative. A boot disk that allows a console from any region to play games from any region. The price is $19.00, and it's shipping on the first week of August. [SIZE=1]If this is SPAM, feel free to delete it, or to tell me so can delete it.[/SIZE]
James Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [color=royalblue]Ahh yes, I've heard about this... I'm going to be picking one up for sure. :) [/color]
Fall Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Well I've just gone ahead and read a bit on the website you a poted a link to, and yes, it looks quite remarkable. I'm not sure if I'll get one yet, or more important, [i]if[/i] I can get one....
Semjaza Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I find this so strange... Datel announced this before GC even hit Europe, along with another Pro Action Replay for GC. It's like no one noticed. Now all of a sudden, every site is posting news on it. I thought everyone knew about this thing? :D It's basically the only reason I haven't sent my GC to [url]www.colorconsoles.com[/url] That and I don't want a stupid metalllic color. I'm still waiting for a plain, flat white :).
Schrat Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Do they just color it for you, cause i wouldnt really trust them to much, but i love the colors they got!!!
RicoTranzrig Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 That's really good...plus it really is only for imports since GCN discs are specially designed for GCN only and it saves a lot of money and time trying to mod the GCN...I think they also have colored/transparent GCN shells out there that you just put it on yourself.
Schrat Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 now I would do that, put on a shell myself, But i just dont know about sending it away...
Semjaza Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I've yet to see GC shells. They are easily available for DC and PSX, but that's all I've seen. Right now my DC is half clear blue and half white :). As for Colorconsoles... They link to IGN and Gamespot's reviews. They paint the entire system, each part a different color if you like. They do an amazing job, it almost even looks like they color under the stickers. I've never seen anyone do it better. They will also mod the GC with an external switch for 10 bucks more. They put the switch on the side instead of the back like most places, and it honestly looks a lot cleaner this way. They will also change the color of the LED light on the GC for a few extra dollars. I am still waiting for them to offer flat colors like they promised. I'm not into the metallics (the light blue is nice though). I just want plain old white, with a blue light :). Otherwise, Freeloader is a great alternative. Too bad it's not out now.
Guest dafunkk12 Posted August 4, 2002 Posted August 4, 2002 I honestly don't believe the Freeloader/PAR/GameShark are feasible. The GameCube hasn't been hacked yet. All other consoles already have been. Unless the FL/PAR/GS are licensed, I don't see any way that Datel (who makes all three; GS is just the US version of PAR) can have access to a GOD pressing facility. Even if the program could fit onto a mini-CDR and the boot sectors of the GOD are included, it still can't be read because GODs are read outside-in.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now