Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
There is only one thing that really really bothers me about the series...
and that is that i dont really know how to pronounce the name >.>'

do you pronounce it as seperate syllables as defined by hyphens
"es cry ed"
or as one word
"escraid" or "scraid"

either i missed it, or im just ignorant of some japanese pronunciation or something...

regardless, how do you pronounce it?

-rave master
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
s-Cry-Ed is definately a great series. At first I didn't pay much attention to it, to me it resembled a rip off of Gundam (with the HOLY uniforms) and it looked like an all fighting all the time anime, but I said what the heck and I sat down to watch it. After the first episode I just loved the show. Now I just watched episode 10 and I'm loving the show even more. Like others have said before, it might not be the most original or unique storyline, but it's executed well. Great animation, and the dub isn't that bad either. With every episode another twist of the plot is revealed, and the show slowly begins to unravel, but as one twist reveals itself another is making itself known. The one thing that I find slightly annoying about this anime is how some episodes are somewhat incoherant with each other. For example Kazuma might be near the end of a fight in the ending of one episode and in the next he's doing something completely different, but overall s-Cry-Ed is a great anime.
Posted
[quote name='Lindus']I never really thought about it XD I had always assumed it sounded like "cried" with an S put in front of it.[/quote] Heh, I always pronounced it as es-cry-ed, but maybe I'm wrong.
Guest Cool inu
Posted
This anime's definetly worth watching.It has so many twists and it really leaves you wanting more when they stop in the middle of an episode.
Posted
It's not my favorite or anything but it's worth watching on Adult Swim. I love both Kazuma and Ryuho but I side with Kazuma's ideals more. I love the rivalry between them too. I know Kazuma will never back down, but can he ever change Ryuho's way of thinking?

If you want action, there are lots of fight scenes. If you want a plot, it's got a plot too. Action and meaning! If you can, watch a few episodes. I wouldn't say this show is for EVERYONE, but it's worth a try!

The one thing I don't like is that sometimes the guys Kazuma fights agaist seem really stupid. But then again, they ARE just pawns in a much smarter villian's chessmatch.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Rave Master]There is only one thing that really really bothers me about the series...
and that is that i dont really know how to pronounce the name >.>'

do you pronounce it as seperate syllables as defined by hyphens
"es cry ed"
or as one word
"escraid" or "scraid"

either i missed it, or im just ignorant of some japanese pronunciation or something...

regardless, how do you pronounce it?

-rave master[/QUOTE]

You know, I actually entered this thread with the sole intent of asking this question. (Guess it's a good thing I read the other posts first...) But really, how on earth do you pronounce something spelled s-CRY-ed?

At first I assumed it was es-cry-ed, like it's spelled, but it's also spelled scryed (apparently) and perhaps the creaters were simply adding emphasis to the word "cry"...?

I guess it's somewhat of a mystery- perhaps we'll never know :animesmil [/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE=are i][COLOR=DarkRed]
perhaps the creaters were simply adding emphasis to the word "cry"...?
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

In the July '03 issue of Animerica (yes I kept it XD) the director explained: "The first lower case "s" is a representation of the Japanese word "su" which means something in its natural form and not artificial. "Cry" as we know comes from the English, and the last "ed" represents a person. With all that combined we wanted to express the idea of how people react or interact when they are in their most natural state."

Maybe that explains something? ...maybe? XD
Posted
yeah i mean i liked the show when i first saw it its cool i mean who cant like a guy who [spoiler]has an arm that can transform into the giant arm of death that can destroy things with it?[/spoiler] but what i find as the bad thing is that i just found out how to say the name of it...today :animecry: and i know its pitiful but hey....thats me ^.^
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I have almost finished the entire series and I have to say it is one of my favorite animes of all time. [B]SHELL BULLET ROCKS.[/B] For those of you watching it on Adult swim and are still relativly new I promise things only get better. New enemies and new alliances are made. I wish I could have alter power, then no one would screw with me man. [I]YEAH!!![/I]
Posted
S-CRY-ed is one of my favorite anime series. I seen the all 26 episodes of the series a month ago and I have to say it was one of the coolest anime series I've seen in awhile. :catgirl: My favorite characters has to be Kazuma, Ryuho, Tachibana, Courger, and Ellion becuase they have the coolest alter power and they are the strongest alter user in the Lost Ground.

[B]Major Spoilers, only read this part if you finish watching all 26 episodes of S-Cry-ed:[/B]
I really hate the [spoiler]main bad guy toward the end of the series Kyoji Mojo beacuse he made the innocent alter users, HOLY captures to test on them on the main land to become inhance alter users and his body guards.[/spoiler] :mad: :animeangr

I hope there is a second season of S-Cry-ed. :animesmil
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted
I NEED HELP! THIS IS VERY VERY ERGANT! I have a report do tommorrow, and I need to know y people like s-cry-ed(don't ask y) :animeswea well, if u can help me out, i would very much appreciate it if u would post here. I'm srry if this may sound a little dumb, but this is very very important, plze help. :animedepr
Thanx in advance.
Posted
Sure thing, thoughit does sound strange. I am ahuge fan of S-cry-ed and have been watching it long before it came to cartoon network. I liked S-cry-ED because I love the characters. that has always been my thing. Kazuma is the coolest anime character, i don't care what anybody says. I love alter power, there is no pwer cooler thatn alter power. I know it's not much but if you need more PM me.
  • 1 month later...
Posted
Its a really good show i watched it last night and i felt the anger inside of me cause it was so strong of a show.It has the anime qualities you need in a show ,i say a 4 out of 5 for it so keep that in mind.
Posted
I just got into S-cryed and I dont know any backgroud story.....such as what are thry fighting for.....can someone do me the favor of providing me with a backstory or plot summary...will be appreciated :animesmil
Posted
I've recently just gotten interested into this anime. I had seen it advertised before on AS, but had little interest in it. (I thought it looked stupid, actually) However, a friend of mine was really into it and I would have to hear how cool it was almost every week. So, I finally sat down and watched it. I was drawn in right away. I was already filled in on what had been happening because of my friend, so I caught on quickly.

Plus I found the first volume at one of our cheap stores here in town. It had the first five episodes and a tone of extras. I was sooooo happy. :catgirl:

Anyway, I luv Cougar. :D

I would like to note that this is the second anime I thought would be stupid and I turned out loving. ;) Guess you never know 'till you try, huh?
Posted
[center][size=1]I have seen most of the whole 1st season, and can pretty much say its my favorite show ever. I cant help watching it.. its great! Oh, and I read the books as well, just as good. I cant wait to see if they create another season, I seriously hope they do. And a movie too, that would be cool.

So.. hi..!

[b]Ruined.[/b][/center][/size]
Posted
[quote name='hentai#1']I have seen everything up to this point on adult swim... Its not my fav. but its worth watching none the less.[/quote]

[center][size=1]Its definitly worth seeing. Its absolutely great! My opinion at least.[/center][/size]
Posted
[quote name='dposse']I agree, s-CRY-ed is a great anime. Doesn't it remind you of some other anime? i can't put my finger on it...[/quote]
A little bit but I cant think of it right now, give me some time.

*a couple years later "oh yeah!"*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...