liamc2 Posted September 20, 2002 Posted September 20, 2002 *arms the villagers* ------ Obviously that came from a person that has never read Artemis Fowl. *sigh* For one thing, it has nothing to do with Harry Potter. Honestly, anything that has any form of magic in it nowdays is instantly classified as a Harry Potter ripoff. *sigh*
Mr. Maul Posted September 20, 2002 Author Posted September 20, 2002 FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY ACTUALLY AGREES WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
Darkmoon Posted September 20, 2002 Posted September 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i] [B]*arms the villagers* ------ Obviously that came from a person that has never read Artemis Fowl. *sigh* For one thing, it has nothing to do with Harry Potter. Honestly, anything that has any form of magic in it nowdays is instantly classified as a Harry Potter ripoff. *sigh* [/B][/QUOTE] I agree. I've read books before Harry Potter that have had thing's similair to school's for magic and stuff. But they don't contain anything Harry Potterish at all. Like Circle of Magic and the Immortals. I accually think that I might like those books better now... It's just that when I saw the movie for harry potter it sorta ruined the whole thing for me (I personally hated the movie... Wasn't really like the book). Sorry if I'm a bit off topic, I just felt like I had to say that.
Mr. Maul Posted September 20, 2002 Author Posted September 20, 2002 Please stay on the Artemis Fowl topic, and off, way, way off the H.P. topic.:flaming:
Kei Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [color=blue]I read the sequel about a month ago while the boards were still under renovation. It was hilarious! I loved it when Holly punched Artemis. But the ending was nice too. I won't say anything about it for the people who haven't read it yet. Hey, Maul, have you tried looking in new and used bookstores like Books & Co.? They usually have all sorts of books like these there.[/color]
Rancid Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [SIZE=1]I need a book for my novel study, would this book be good for a grade 8 student? I hope it's not too big.[/SIZE]
Kei Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [color=blue]Yes, it would be good. It's on about a 6th grade reading level, but it'll hold your interest. And it's not too long. Only 200 some-odd pages, but the type is fairly big. I'd recommend it if you're doing something of the book report degree.[/color]
Rancid Posted September 21, 2002 Posted September 21, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i] [B][color=blue]Yes, it would be good. It's on about a 6th grade reading level, but it'll hold your interest. And it's not too long. Only 200 some-odd pages, but the type is fairly big. I'd recommend it if you're doing something of the book report degree.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=crimson]Thanks Lady Katana I'll go pick it up and see if my teacher thinks it's big enough.[/COLOR]
Mr. Maul Posted September 21, 2002 Author Posted September 21, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i] [B][color=blue] Hey, Maul, have you tried looking in new and used bookstores like Books & Co.? They usually have all sorts of books like these there.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] I haven't really been anywhere for about two months. I really should get out more. Maybe it's because I turn into a pile of dust in sunlight.:devil:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now