OtakuBoards

Artemis Fowl

Mr. Maul

*arms the villagers*

------

Obviously that came from a person that has never read Artemis Fowl. *sigh* For one thing, it has nothing to do with Harry Potter. Honestly, anything that has any form of magic in it nowdays is instantly classified as a Harry Potter ripoff.

*sigh*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]*arms the villagers*

------

Obviously that came from a person that has never read Artemis Fowl. *sigh* For one thing, it has nothing to do with Harry Potter. Honestly, anything that has any form of magic in it nowdays is instantly classified as a Harry Potter ripoff.

*sigh* [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. I've read books before Harry Potter that have had thing's similair to school's for magic and stuff. But they don't contain anything Harry Potterish at all. Like Circle of Magic and the Immortals. I accually think that I might like those books better now... It's just that when I saw the movie for harry potter it sorta ruined the whole thing for me (I personally hated the movie... Wasn't really like the book).

Sorry if I'm a bit off topic, I just felt like I had to say that.

[color=blue]I read the sequel about a month ago while the boards were still under renovation. It was hilarious! I loved it when Holly punched Artemis. But the ending was nice too. I won't say anything about it for the people who haven't read it yet. Hey, Maul, have you tried looking in new and used bookstores like Books & Co.? They usually have all sorts of books like these there.[/color]

[color=blue]Yes, it would be good. It's on about a 6th grade reading level, but it'll hold your interest. And it's not too long. Only 200 some-odd pages, but the type is fairly big. I'd recommend it if you're doing something of the book report degree.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B][color=blue]Yes, it would be good. It's on about a 6th grade reading level, but it'll hold your interest. And it's not too long. Only 200 some-odd pages, but the type is fairly big. I'd recommend it if you're doing something of the book report degree.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=crimson]Thanks Lady Katana I'll go pick it up and see if my teacher thinks it's big enough.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B][color=blue] Hey, Maul, have you tried looking in new and used bookstores like Books & Co.? They usually have all sorts of books like these there.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I haven't really been anywhere for about two months.
I really should get out more.
Maybe it's because I turn into a pile of dust in sunlight.:devil: