OtakuBoards

Artemis Fowl

Mr. Maul

[color=red][b]I have never heard of the book [i]Artemis Fowl[/i]. Yet I think I have heard the name before, a long time ago. What is the book about?[/b][/color]

[color=red][size=1] I remember my nine-year-old cousin telling me about it...he said it was great. I don't know about it though, I'm not really into those kind of books. Not to mention the age level for it is 8-12. I'm into more challenging reads...except when it comes to Broken Sky.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]I have never heard of the book [i]Artemis Fowl[/i]. Yet I think I have heard the name before, a long time ago. [/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That would have been most probably from me.

Yes I am a great fan of Artemis Fowl, my brother was given it for his birthday, I read a couple of chapters while waiting for dinner. .

And well, he never saw it again until the next morning

lol

____

Also recently we bought the second book, as all of us are now avid readers, I read it (before everyone else ) and its great, a must read book.

But I've never heard anything about a movie. .

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mist [/i]
[B][color=red][size=1] I remember my nine-year-old cousin telling me about it...he said it was great. I don't know about it though, I'm not really into those kind of books. Not to mention the age level for it is 8-12. I'm into more challenging reads...except when it comes to Broken Sky.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
It's not really for 8-12 year olds because the language is kinda strong but not too bad.
The book is about a 12 year old child genious who tries to restore his lost family fortune by abducting a fairy and holding it for ransom. The faries have more advanced technology than the humans. They do not know, however, that Artemis has the upper hand.
Oh, and all that junk about it being like Harry Potter is false(even though I've never read any of the books).

[color=blue]I decided to read it after I saw this thread. It was pretty funny. Especially when they sent Mulch into Fowl Manor. I've got the sequel on reserve at the library. Can't wait to read it.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=blue]I have read the first Artemis Fowl book and I am almost done the sequel. They are both very good books with creative story lines. I even made a message board devoted to the Artemis Fowl books.

If I had to choose either book as one of my favourites I'd pick the first book. I think some parts in sequel go by to fast and are hard to grasp.[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...