Jump to content
OtakuBoards

help with ff8


Recommended Posts

Guest Werewolf
Posted
Hi, i am a new member at this forum. Well, i came to ask a question on ff8. i have seen messages on how to get eth lionheart in deling city in disk 1. Well, can someone tell me where in the city and how.. thnx a lot
Posted
It's reasonably simple.

Ya see, it's like this. To upgrade the Lionheart you need;

1 Adamantine
4 Dragon Fangs
12 Pulse Ammo
and 2000 gil, I think.

Now, to get these;

Adamantine; Once you get to the Tomb of the Unknown king, and beat Minotaur and Sacred, and get their cards, refine Minotaur's card into 3 Adamantine.

4 Dragon Fangs; Grendels drop these, I think. It's either them or level 20-30 T-Rexaurs. Fight either and find out.. n_n; (Be forewarned; You MUST do this at the beginning of the game, or else you'll have to wait for ages to get back to Balamb Garden)

12 Pulse Ammo; Beat alot of Elenoyles in the Laguna Flashback when you're in the Pandora. You get Energy Crystals, which change into 12 Pulse ammo a piece. If you get Lazer cannons, you'll have to get 2 of them, because they only refine into 5 each.

2000 Gil; Sell some stuff, or just wait for a SeeD paycheck.

Hope that helps.
Posted
[color=red]No, all weapons show up once you have the correct items to make it...but where did you see something about making the Lionheart? Think I missed that during my go-round...[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red]No, all weapons show up once you have the correct items to make it...but where did you see something about making the Lionheart? Think I missed that during my go-round...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Did you [B]completely[/B] miss my post or what?

Oh, and Harley, you need 10 Elnoyle cards to make a single energy crystal. That early in the game, it's just a waste of time. :)
Posted
[color=red]Uh...no...just misread it...hey, don't knock me when it comes to FF8, I've got that game down!

Seriously though, I though he had said he'd found a sign with the items you need, but I 'twas incorrect. Sorry for the inconvienance.

--JC[/color]
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]Alright, now I'm really, really pissed. Oh well. Where do you run into Elnyoles in the Laguna sequence? I know you can run into Elastoids, and they have something that refines into pulse ammo, but where are the Elnoyles? The only places I've ever seen them are in Esthar after the Lunar Cry and the Deep Sea Deposit.[/font][/color]
Posted
I've had that problem too, I can't get pulse ammo that early. I've only seen them in Esthar. And if you are patient and wait til you get there. There is a lunatic in the town you can talk to for a battlwe against an Elnoyle. That time, and in Ultimecia's castle are the only times you fight it. I do not believe there is any other way. For laser cannons, during the Laguna Flashback when you are exploring a cave in Esthar. No Elnoyles, but there [i]are[/i] elastoids, if the monster is at level 30 or above, this means you have to be over level 30, you can win or steal a Laser Cannon from it. Hope I helped.
Posted
Challenge, Final Fantasy VIII -- Those two word shouldn't ever be in the same sentance.

FFVIII was really easy to build levels. All you need is 1000 Exp. It never changes.

Now don't think i hate FFVIII I have played that game through and through. But there are some major flaws in the Junction, Draw & Refine set up that make it very easy.

[SIZE=1]NeoCactuar speaks much truth. -Flash[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud Strife00 [/i]
[B]Heh, I haven't played the game in several years. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know why on earth you felt the need to share that with us...
Posted
FF8 was easy enough even w/o auras. All you had to do was be in bozo critical, a lot of the time I ended up killing myself so I could revive and use a limit break. On a halfway different subject, does anyone know how much HP jumbo cactuar has when u're around lv 90, cause I remember fighting him and it took a bajillion renzokukens and duels, I dunno it seemed to me like I did a few hundred thousand, but I have no clue, just took forever ><.
Posted
[color=red]Yeah, it was real easy. I got to the end of the game without leveling up on the side or remodeling weapons, but the downside is I didn't have enough HP to survive that Sonic Shockwave Pulsar attack...oh well, I beat it anyway, so what does it matter...[/color]
Posted
This is common knowledge, but you can beat the game much easier if you don't level up. Rely on upgrading weapons and using Aura. An easy way to accomplish this is to (obviously) run from every battle except for bosses. Sorry for stating the obvious once again...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...