Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This is my first attempt at poetry, so be easy on me. please!
~~~~~~~~~~~


MY SADNESS

Since I was young, I'd alway try to be myself - but now I know that people won't understand unless you act like something else. Everywhere you look people preach about individuality but those have it are on the outside, punished for their special personalities. If you're quiet - you're stuck up/ outgoing - then you're fake/ smart - then you're strange/ sometimes I wish someone else would take my place. Only two truly understand me, my friends they'll always be. And the rest are nice to have around me, but they can only see.... so much, who would guess that someone like me could feel so out of touch.
This is my sadness.
A story in my eyes that most will never know, maybe I'm too complex, maybe I should let it go. Give up who I really am and what I really feel to be part - part of the crowd; something far from real. I tried it once/ it didn't last, I have to be myself - same old me - deep old me. The best side of myself.

Ironic how people act, only a few are tried and true, That's why hard to find, an open heart - an open mind, the ones who judge you based just on you. Those like me - those who are - those who know they should - those that can - those who will - those who wished they could - those who won't - those who can't - those who never will - A world that will never change, lest you be too still/ My enterprise, my compromise, my open mind, combine to make the sadness that is me.

If happy's fake - this choice I'll make - sad I'll forever be.
Posted
Thanks! I actually went to a poetry reading at the library yesterday and read it to a sizeable audience. They received it well! I'm really happy about it. I'd never would've thought that I'd be a poet!
Posted
POET TO POET I LIKED IT. YOU SHOULD TRY DIFFERENT FORMAT THOUGH IT KINDA LOOKS LIKE A SHORT STORY. BUT IT WAS GOOD.

ANGEL'S CUZ.

that was good, i can relate to what you wrote. your a great writer
-angel-
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I won't try to keep it alive any more after this. I just wanted to know what people think of it, but I haven't been getting many responses. Oh Well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...